General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Repoed

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Repoed

I got my car repoed today. I lost my job back in March due to an injury and fell behind on payments. Anyone know how to get out of this? I know my credit is fucked now, and I'm down to a few dollars in my checking account, and savings is almost gone! What do I do?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya man sounds like a bind, best thing to do is just to get any amount of money flow coming in even if that means having to work flipping burgers as degrading as that sounds but you gotta do what ya gotta do. A $100 a week is better than $0..

I hope the best for ya man and im really sorry to hear about your car.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Yeah the best thing to do is just get some kind of income. In the real world it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know. So talk to your friends, family, etc. See if they can place you somewhere, then don't make them look like an as* and bust your but at this new job. Good luck.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

As far as getting your car back, work something out with the bank. Tell them your situation. Usually they'll let you get it back if you can come up with the 2 or 3 back bayments you owe them within 30 days before your car goes to auction. See if you can borrow your money from a reletive or friend until you get back on your feet. I wish you the best, man.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MikeD101898
Yeah the best thing to do is just get some kind of income. In the real world it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know. So talk to your friends, family, etc. See if they can place you somewhere, then don't make them look like an as* and bust your but at this new job. Good luck.
yea, my past 2 jobs I got b/c of who I knew, I still bust my a** but I initially got the job b/c of who I knew
Old 05-29-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

id suggest selling some items around the house that dont mean much and get that car back, also try to get some income while your at it.

im sure everything will be ok!

Good luck!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for your support guys!
Old 05-29-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry man. But life is long, only the days are short. If you are lucky, that is.

You will recover, just start taking some steps to get there. That my Daddy advice. I drove crap for 25 years before being in a position to drive what I want. Good luck.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch!!...that really sux! ...Good luck with all that!!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Infantrymarine
I got my car repoed today. I lost my job back in March due to an injury and fell behind on payments. Anyone know how to get out of this? I know my credit is fucked now, and I'm down to a few dollars in my checking account, and savings is almost gone! What do I do?
doesnt your state have disability? when i was out after having surgery my employer paid me 70% of what i made while i was out. that sucks man.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Collect unemployment...like 360/wk or so depending on your area
Old 05-29-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah how come you didn't get disability? Call the bank and see what kind of payment plan they can provide while you are out. If they can't do anything for get a job anywhere you can to get by and if you can't afford the car then so be it.....it's upsetting but not the end of the world.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

ya its only a car it could be alot worse, i hate to sa it but the whole econemy sucks, and it is hard to find a jod. but i hope everything works out for you good luck man.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Launching!

sorry to hear that man
Old 05-29-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Marine, I don't think the Bank's gonna' talk to you or work out anything with you until you have some sort of stable income. Like the others have said, get yourself a job doing anything that would show the ability to pay a payment you can handle. Being a former Marine, there are a lot of people who will be willing to help you go to work. I have found the best place to meet people and market yourself is in VFW, Elks, Eagles, Moose Lodge, etc. Go down to your local AMVETS and see if they might have a job for you or know someone who might give you a shot. My dad owned and asphalt business and 80-85% of the business he got was from networking in bars. Try it ... it works. Good luck and you'll get back on your feet in time ... how much time depends a lot on how determined you are. Being a marine, you can be as determined as you want to be.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Ouch ! Any chance this is the best thing that could have happened ? I don't mean short term ; rather that you might get farther ahead this way in the long run ? Check out this columnist Dave Ramsey . Mostly he says sell everything and save all your money . Easy for him to say....
Old 05-29-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Its summer places will be hiring.. Go look at trucking companies, like tomorrow, look through the phone book and go apply at as many as possible.. You should be able to manage 12-13 hr driving forklift until you find something steady..

I work for pepsi and they are hiring now for the position Merchandiser and if theres a grocery store nearby carring pepsi, and everyone does, theres a plant near by.. Youll start at 13.8/hr and be able to work about 60 hours.. They also pay for mileage.. Sometimes the bank will be nice if they see you have a steady income..

PM me if you need help i wouldnt mind helping you look tomorrow..

Also go to monster.com as they will send you applications daily in fields youre interested or qualified in based on the information they fill out..

BUTTTT i realllllly recommend working at a trucking company or trying a company out like pepsi or coke where you can be a vendor.. Ive made at trucking companies from 11.40-16.40 most are inbetween.. THEN once you get back on your feet definately take some classes at night or online or whenever you can.. Theres no substitute for education and its always good to have something to fall back on.

edit- if your employer laid you off and you didnt get fired you should be able to collect unemployment for 75% or what your 40hr check use to be if you were full time.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

I work for Fedex Freight and I can tell you that we are going into the busy season. This is the time that all the centers are hiring like crazy for dock workers and drivers. Driving a forklift is easy, if you are not actually unable to work and the pay is pretty good for the job you will do. Being in Richmond puts you near a decent sized hub of ours, which may be hiring right now. As stated above though, it should be fairly easy to get a job with any trucking company very quickly. The pay is good, 12-16 an hour and they are most likely hiring for an odd shift, which most people are not willing to work. This means that if you are flexible you have a good chance of getting hired. All you have to do is sit on a forklift and push the levers and the gas.... Good luck, I wish you the best.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow man that really hits home for me!
i am a reposessor and hate to even think of what i would have to do to keep a fellow f-body brother/sister in that car.
if you have been in constant contact with your finance company you have a chance in getting your car back,if you had sent them something like 50.00 before the order came out,they may allow you to pay the past amount to get caught up and release the vehicle back to you in my 7 years i have only seen this happen 3 times where the debtor has gotten the vehicle back.Call the finance co. and see what they will allow you to do to get that unit back.good luck bro
Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 AM
12 Second Club

Well, I used to drive for UPS! I made $16.80 an hour and I was 9 mos. away from top pay which is $27.15. I have disability, but I also have a child to support, and rent and insurance, you know like everyone. it's just not enough pay to cover all that. Family has to come first and thats why the car is gone. Not to be a puss, but I think I've fallen back into a lil bit of depression. I lost another friend in Iraq about a month ago and I've been going down ever since. I had a bout of depression back in '04, when my whole effin squad was killed in an ambush in the Al-Anbar province. 9 guys total, plus the company commander. The only 3 that lived was myself and 2 others that got out. But then one of them was reactivated and he was the one that was killed a month ago.
I don't want to sound like a puss, b/c I've got a little "softer" since I've been out, but I think that's where alot of problems start out for me. I'm supposed to be going to Wyotech in December to get a real career started. So hopefully I'll get my **** together and do this thing. This thing called LIFE! Thank you guys for everything you've said. Keep it coming. I thrive on positive reinforcement!!