General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Window off track, turn signal not working...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window off track, turn signal not working...

Ok so recently my window started going wacky.......it seems like the glass has come off track or something. Anyways, when I roll it down three quarters of the way or more, and then go to roll it back up, I have to push against it to get it to roll all the way up. It's like the glass is falling out or isn't where its supposed to be. Has anyone had any problems with this or anything similar?

Also, when I go to flip my right turn signal switch, it doesn't blink or make the clicking sound, it just stays solid green and the outside turn signals arent' working as well. Any ideas as to what the problem is or how it can be fixed? The brake lights work, the other turn signals work and the fuses seem to be fine.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

as far as the turn signal goes one of your bulbs is burnt out, if your running lights are both working in front its the rear
Old 05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

I noticed that one of the running lights would come on only when my headlights are on.....the right one. So I picked up a couple bulbs, I will check and see if that fixes the problem in the morning.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

The turn signal problem is a bulb being out. Find and replace the bulb and you'll fix your problem. Have you taken the door panel off and actually looked at the window? It's unusual to just come off the track but it can happen.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

I haven't taken the door panel off....how difficult is that?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

not very....loosen the screws (I think there are 4) and pull straight up on the panel and it will come right off. Then you should be able to see if the window is off the track.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

my drivers side window does the same thing... its a PITA, i gotta find some time to pull the door panel off to see what the problem is... lmk if you get to that sooner

Last edited by 98_Formula; 05-31-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:18 AM
Teching In

My window does pretty much the same thing. On the rear track there is a roller inside (the track) that mounts to the metal on the bottom of the window. Where it connects to the window is where mine is broke. The window just flops all over the place. I havn't tried to fix it yet so hopefully someone has a suggestion. As far as taking the panel off. Remove the control switch panel by prying and disconnect the electrical connections. Then remove the screw inside the hole. now take the sliding lock and disconnect it from the rod, might be able to pull it off the rod or use a small screw driver to pry it out. Remove all of the screws from the outside of the panel. I think there is one in the compartment, two underneath the armrests and one that holds the plastic peice that surrounds the door handle. After all these are out PUSH UP on the door panel and pull out. If you just pull out the plastic hooks will break. You might have to take the plastic peice that covers the door mirror bolts out so you can slide it up easier, just one screw holds this in.

Good luck let us know if you find a solution!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:56 AM
TECH Regular

I am going to tackle the window problem this weekend. Anyways, my turn signal/running light miraculously started working again tonight. WTF?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Launching!

it's always the little things that
Old 06-01-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

hurray for fbodies
Old 06-01-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BAMF_WS6
My window does pretty much the same thing. On the rear track there is a roller inside (the track) that mounts to the metal on the bottom of the window. Where it connects to the window is where mine is broke. The window just flops all over the place. I havn't tried to fix it yet so hopefully someone has a suggestion. As far as taking the panel off. Remove the control switch panel by prying and disconnect the electrical connections. Then remove the screw inside the hole. now take the sliding lock and disconnect it from the rod, might be able to pull it off the rod or use a small screw driver to pry it out. Remove all of the screws from the outside of the panel. I think there is one in the compartment, two underneath the armrests and one that holds the plastic peice that surrounds the door handle. After all these are out PUSH UP on the door panel and pull out. If you just pull out the plastic hooks will break. You might have to take the plastic peice that covers the door mirror bolts out so you can slide it up easier, just one screw holds this in.

Good luck let us know if you find a solution!
thanks for the info, I will attempt this on saturday....I hope I don't end up killing myself
Old 06-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned

what panel do you remove under the car to access the turn signals? is the forward most panel? anyone with a pic possibly? i have an 02 camaro
Old 06-02-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

My friend and I took apart the door today and here is what we found........ugh... give me a solution, lol.

It looks like the metal support bracket that holds the window and guides it up and down sheered off or wore down until it just opened, is there any way to just replace the bracket without replacing the whole window?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

junkyard is probably your best bet
Old 06-03-2007, 02:25 AM
TECH Regular

we ghetto fixed it with zip ties and electrical tape so that should work until I find a solution, lol
Old 06-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

HAHA hey if it works then its fixed HAAH
Old 06-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

Default Same Problem

Originally Posted by cookba
what panel do you remove under the car to access the turn signals? is the forward most panel? anyone with a pic possibly? i have an 02 camaro

Any pictures of the trap door on passenger side ?

Thanks Again .
Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Wow, the same thing happened to my window around the same time this thread got started. I've just been waiting for someone to post a fix. lol
Old 06-05-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Regular

temporary solution only lasted 24 hours

I am pretty sure the only fix is going to require an expensive part.....or some welding.