General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

its been good riding

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

It's all what your preference is. I am building a Big Cube, Big Heads/Cam LSX and seeing how that goes.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
comparing oranges to apples, now to bannanas....?

But yea i rest my case, ls1 is cheaper...

So to the guy who started this thread, good luck with whatever you decied, you wont be dissapointed with any (fox, Cobra, F-body, Y-body).
First off, building an LS1 is NOT cheaper than building a fox body Mustang...
Secondly, apples to oranges? What the hell? Ok, first off, you're the guy that started making the comparisons. Secondly, how is comparing these three cars like comparing "apples to oranges to bananas?"

They're all V8 RWD muscle cars.

PS - Where the hell are you spending $10k for a Kenne Bell? Now that's what I call taking it up the *** with a sandpaper condom.

INMY01TA - What are you talking about? Just because you personally haven't seen an '03-'04 run 10s doesn't mean that they can't. I haven't ever seen an LS1 run 10s, what's your point? Nice logic, genius.

Some of you guys need to get a clue.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ well since LSX motors are so terrible maby you should'nt come to LS1tech.com. You can go to the cobra forum and you and all the cobra guys can crown them fastest car ever in the world...lol....get over yourselves. I dont care how fast the cobras are Ill never drive one.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
I dont care how fast the cobras are Ill never drive one.
Well good for you! No one gives a rat's ***.

I'm on this site because I really like LS1s, but sometimes I just have to respond to the morons on here that think their cars are the fastest things on 4 wheels.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^
Old 06-09-2007, 06:21 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Where are all these fast 03-04 Cobras? I'm at Capitol Raceway every weekend. Fastest one I ever saw had a KB and solid axel and went 11.2. Not saying it didn't have more in it but I know at least 10 people with 9-10 second LS1 f bods. If it's so easy and cheap I'd think they'd be all over the place.
No idea if you are lying or what you saw but 11.20's - 11.70's are what a well driven pullied/tuned/DR car is able to do. Bad drivers are everywhere. I saw my buddy with modded LS1 01 TA run 13.9 @ 109 but that dude drives like crap. Look at the 60's and trap speed, that tells you everything. Most KB Cobras trap 130-138 these days have the power on hand to run 9's but since they are street driven they may not have the suspension for it and may be in the 11's who knows. I have 5 friends with LS1's and...NONE of them would trap 125mph. When we go out ( I am the only Cobra ) all you hear are cams loping, revving and and big burnouts and then there's me, nice quiet idle with over 700hp and they wont race me, its entertaining to say the least. Who cares anymore. Good luck getting a DD.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
^^ well since LSX motors are so terrible maby you should'nt come to LS1tech.com. You can go to the cobra forum and you and all the cobra guys can crown them fastest car ever in the world...lol....get over yourselves. I dont care how fast the cobras are Ill never drive one.
Thats why you take this so personally, I had LS1's and respect them but since you have never even driven a modded Cobra, how could your advice be valued?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 560SL
INMY01TA - What are you talking about? Just because you personally haven't seen an '03-'04 run 10s doesn't mean that they can't. I haven't ever seen an LS1 run 10s, what's your point? Nice logic, genius.

I never said they can't. I asked a serious question and you turn it into you're anti LS1 drivel.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I never said they can't. I asked a serious question and you turn it into you're anti LS1 drivel.
11.20's to 11.70's should be Pullied Cobra/DR @118-120
10.00's to 11.00's AND anywhere in between KB cars @130-138+ (good drivers + set up) ......different boost, traction and weight.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
No idea if you are lying or what you saw but 11.20's - 11.70's are what a well driven pullied/tuned/DR car is able to do. Bad drivers are everywhere. I saw my buddy with modded LS1 01 TA run 13.9 @ 109 but that dude drives like crap. Look at the 60's and trap speed, that tells you everything. Most KB Cobras trap 130-138 these days have the power on hand to run 9's but since they are street driven they may not have the suspension for it and may be in the 11's who knows. I have 5 friends with LS1's and...NONE of them would trap 125mph. When we go out ( I am the only Cobra ) all you hear are cams loping, revving and and big burnouts and then there's me, nice quiet idle with over 700hp and they wont race me, its entertaining to say the least. Who cares anymore. Good luck getting a DD.
700hp on pump gas? Most of us like lopey cams.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Can't we all just get along..

I can't say much..I've had my share of word wars..

What is it with all the Pony Guys on here talking **** lately...
Old 06-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Launching!

I'm not a "pony guy" by any means. I'm more of a 'Vette guy actually and I'm not knocking on LS1s at all, it's just that some of these guys can't appreciate fast cars in general and have to get the superiority complex going...
Old 06-09-2007, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

I have friends with Mustangs.. I know a guy with a Viper..I know all kinds of Ricer guys.
I tend to try to keep them around to help me out spotting something that might be a nice challenge..share the wealth of what is out there. I had introduced some of them to the LT1..and they were beaten..
Can't wait to introduce them to the LS1..
Old 06-09-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 560SL
First off, building an LS1 is NOT cheaper than building a fox body Mustang...
Secondly, apples to oranges? What the hell? Ok, first off, you're the guy that started making the comparisons. Secondly, how is comparing these three cars like comparing "apples to oranges to bananas?"

They're all V8 RWD muscle cars.

PS - Where the hell are you spending $10k for a Kenne Bell? Now that's what I call taking it up the *** with a sandpaper condom.

Ok ill break it down for you...

i said keep the ls1(apples)
you said cobra(oranges)

i argued for less money for entire car and mods the ls1 is cheaper..

you argued otherwise, then you decided to pick another stang to throw in the mix which comes to (bananas)

now if we compare ls1 to 5.0's then yes the 5.0 can be had for alot less than both..

BUT.....since the OP didnt say anyhting about FOX's lets keep this to apples and oranges!

like i said for the first comment on this thread, i wasnt here to start anything just giving the guy hard fact!

BTW those prices were rough estamites on both sides

So if you want to argue on and on and keep changing cars and prices you can do so by yourslef... in fact its pointless for me to explain futher why the ls1 is cheaper!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by the_merv
Can't we all just get along..

I can't say much..I've had my share of word wars..

What is it with all the Pony Guys on here talking **** lately...

Show me of an example of talking sh%it? You cant possibly believe that there is not a Honda that will tear you a new one even with your mighty built LS1? Or a GN/Cobra/Supra......there is no "end all" of street racing mods. It never ends.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by the_merv
I have friends with Mustangs.. I know a guy with a Viper..I know all kinds of Ricer guys.
I tend to try to keep them around to help me out spotting something that might be a nice challenge..share the wealth of what is out there. I had introduced some of them to the LT1..and they were beaten..
Can't wait to introduce them to the LS1..

What kind of power/mph are you looking at getting with the LS1 you are building?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
Ok ill break it down for you...

i said keep the ls1(apples)
you said cobra(oranges)

i argued for less money for entire car and mods the ls1 is cheaper..

you argued otherwise, then you decided to pick another stang to throw in the mix which comes to (bananas)

now if we compare ls1 to 5.0's then yes the 5.0 can be had for alot less than both..

BUT.....since the OP didnt say anyhting about FOX's lets keep this to apples and oranges!

like i said for the first comment on this thread, i wasnt here to start anything just giving the guy hard fact!

BTW those prices were rough estamites on both sides

So if you want to argue on and on and keep changing cars and prices you can do so by yourslef... in fact its pointless for me to explain futher why the ls1 is cheaper!

You guys cant argue money? If so, then the guy with the most wins.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem

So let me ask you this. I bet because the PRICE of these LS1's, they should not be in your example?? Right, cause they cost EXACTLY what some Cobras cost with same milage/condition.

Advantage: Cobra (In this price, but all Cobras are in this condition/price)
Old 06-09-2007, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
What kind of power/mph are you looking at getting with the LS1 you are building?
I am hoping for atleast 480 at the Wheels..through the A4.
Looking to trap low 11's, at atleast 125mph in the 1/4 with my 3300lb fat *** after all said and done..

This really is a money game..just how it is.
I give respect to those that want to go out and research and build these cars themselves..anyone with money can go out and buy a built car and stomp the **** out of someone.
I am glad I have that LT1 Chassis to work with for this project..it will be a sleeper.

It's a never ending cycle with Cars..someone is always goin to be faster. I have my goals and that is what I want to achieve cause I have put alot of work and time into this new Engine setup. For doing it all my self I think it will be cool to see..that and it will be a beast on the street..
Old 06-09-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=the_merv]
I am glad I have that LT1 Chassis to work with for this project..it will be a sleeper.

QUOTE]

haha i can assure you that will deff not be a sleeper, anyone will here you coming a mile away with that huge *** cam!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

The LT1 was loud..trust me. It was also pretty choppy too, just how it ran. The new Cam is around a 16* Overlap..however that is supposed to sound. I am hoping like popcorn.

I'll just say I changed the Cam..