General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

stick with a bird or move to a vette?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
As if the answer would'nt be biased on the corvette forum

yeah lol of course everyone there would say vette... they either took a step up or just had that 60,000 on hand at the time?? hmmm
Old 06-08-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you ever get your tune situated 1mean?
Old 06-08-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

no i just ordered headers, i need to buy some new tires for around 300 with putting them on (just rears) and i need to get alignment sence i just did all kinds of suspension work...so maybe in a month or two, ill give you a call and well go together up there and eat some rice on the way lol
Old 06-08-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

eat some rice? are you a beaner
Old 06-08-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha inside joke to anyone who might get offended at that
hey what size wheels do you have?
i just got some Fuzion ZRi's for 106 a piece and i love em
Old 06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

lol ahh old times lol
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
hey this is a real toughy because vettes are pretty badass cars, but so are T/As and T/As are alot more rare, vettes are as bad as mustangs now days but theres 3 birds in 90 miles here... if i get a vette ill be getting one with an LS2-6 because i dont want to switch from a rare LS1 to a popular LS1... whats your take on this? and would i be better off selling my car then using that as one BIG *** down payment?

MAYBE THE NEW CAMARO??
HAHAHAHAHAHA. This thread is some FUNNY ****.

To the original poster:

1.) 3 Trans Ams within 90 miles of Key West Florida? You can't be serious can you? I mean that might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

2.) Corvettes turn WAY more heads than F-bodies, just the facts of life. They're far more desirable in better in every way except for not having a back seat.

3.) A 4th Trans Am is far from rare.

4.) You don't want an "everyday Corvette" ?! Ok, you're in a resale red Trans Am, not a Bugatti Veyron. Again, let me reiterate this, a 4th gen. Trans Am is about as rare as a cloudy day.

To the rest of the responses in this thread:

1.) They "out of no where" just stopped F-body production? They did it because no one wanted them and they weren't selling. They gave plenty of warning before they did it to in order to get a bunch of suckers to pay up for the loaded out "special edition collector cars."

2.) "They will always make and have 'Vettes." Damn right, that's because people love them. They're an American icon.

3.) A 1999 Z28 is not a hard car to find, either. I could find over 50 of them within 10 minutes of looking online. What color do you want?

4.) "Corvettes are overrated." Wow, this one really got me rolling. How in the hell are they overrated, and especially compared to an F-body? Corvettes go, stop, turn and look as good as cars that cost over 3 times as much money.

Don't get me wrong guys, F-bodies are badass cars and you have some very nice rides. However, some of you need to climb off the high horse. They're not rare AT ALL and aren't in the same league as a Corvette.

Anyway, back to the thread. You're doing the smart thing keeping your car. Not having a car payment is the financially smart thing to do and since you love it so much, why sell it?

Good choice.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

yeah actually those are what came on my car and i got another set of em and im about to order my rears (again) i dont know how well there tread where is on them because this is second rear set but i did do quite a bit of smokin at track and around town so it could be me
Old 06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i 've had nothing but good luck with them and for the price **** it smoke up if ya got em hahaha
Old 06-08-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 560SL

To the original poster:

1.) 3 Trans Ams within 90 miles of Key West Florida? You can't be serious can you? I mean that might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

2.) Corvettes turn WAY more heads than F-bodies, just the facts of life. They're far more desirable in better in every way except for not having a back seat.

4.) You don't want an "everyday Corvette" ?! Ok, you're in a resale red Trans Am, not a Bugatti Veyron. Again, let me reiterate this, a 4th gen. Trans Am is about as rare as a cloudy day.

1.) They "out of no where" just stopped F-body production? They did it because no one wanted them and they weren't selling. They gave plenty of warning before they did it to in order to get a bunch of suckers to pay up for the loaded out "special edition collector cars."

2.) "They will always make and have 'Vettes." Damn right, that's because people love them. They're an American icon.

3.) A 1999 Z28 is not a hard car to find, either. I could find over 50 of them within 10 minutes of looking online. What color do you want?

4.) "Corvettes are overrated." Wow, this one really got me rolling. How in the hell are they overrated, and especially compared to an F-body? Corvettes go, stop, turn and look as good as cars that cost over 3 times as much money.

Don't get me wrong guys, F-bodies are badass cars and you have some very nice rides. However, some of you need to climb off the high horse. They're not rare AT ALL and aren't in the same league as a Corvette.

Anyway, back to the thread. You're doing the smart thing keeping your car. Not having a car payment is the financially smart thing to do and since you love it so much, why sell it?

Good choice.
haha you sound like one of the vette owners who bitched about the camaro being an ls1.And these cars in the condition we have them in are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more rare then a good condition vette.If you dont believe me go find one, then see how much easier it is to find the vette.Besides why not spend less on a car spend more on making it fast and spank cocky vette driver's who need to get of THEIR high horse's and realize their **** aint invincible.Us poor scum bags in the fbodys should just bend over and kiss your *** cause you drive a vette right?WRONG
Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 560SL

To the original poster:

REPLY (1.)- And where do you live again? i dont think in the keys and as a matter of speaking i said 3, but seriously theres probably around 20-40 and only a few are trans ams and Z28 SS the rest are all V6s

REPLY (2.)- A corvette couldnt turn my head anyday unless i see something different about it or it says Z06 on the side, a corvette is just the more luxerious type of OUR cars NOTHING more (unless you fork out some extra cash and get an upped LS engine

REPLY (3.)- also another mistake consider that the numbers they made compared to most other cars is far from a HUGE production rate its a rare car and people are always getting tottaled or something to destroy the cars LESS AND LESS cars is what comes out of that... were not talking Ferraris here who any rich guy can buy were talking Fbodys

REPLY (4.)- sorry yeah i forgot corvettes dont resell EVER again in ANY color.. And sorry i live in the Florida keys a cloudy day is VERY RARE so no on that one

REPLY- WOW are you really that ignorant? only reason no one baught them is because of the big bad almighty mustang that cost fraction the price with half the horse made millions of them and gives them to every rental company known and all the little rich college girls and boys got them for xmas every year and outdid Fbod by a long shot CORVETTES TO

REPLY Vettes an american icon? im sorry i could have sworn in all the old days it was CAMAROS,FIREBIRDS,MUSTANGS,CHARGERS,DARTS Need i go on? i dont think ive seen many vettes

REPLY WOW your finally right about something(no offence maros)

REPLY and we have the same engine? Hmmmm

REPLY i wish we could be in little league again but sometimes you gotta grow up, seriously your putting a bad name to vettes, ive never heard a vetter owner talk this way (you do have a vette right?)

Good choice.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!!! ill keep it in mind

i replied to all of those for you
Old 06-08-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

apparently he has a lot of time on his hands
well this has been fun i'mma go eat some rice cya 1mean
Old 06-08-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

later, eat a bowl for me to
Old 06-08-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eatin rice and Slaying Horses.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Wow, this is too easy:

1.) I live in a small town in Kansas and I'm willing to bet that there are over 50 F-bodies in this one little town. Hell, my buddies alone account for over 10 different F-bodies.

2.) I don't give a rat's *** what turns your head. The fact of the matter is, Corvettes have WAY more eye appeal than F-bodies. Ask 100 people on the street which car they'd rather have out of the two, and I bet at least 80 of them say the Corvette. Why wouldn't they? You tell me.

3.) So you are saying your car is rare compared to a Cavalier or a Civic? Wow, congratulations. Look at build numbers, any car that was produced in the thousands year after year is uncommon at best.

4.) "Resale red" is a term used in the car business that simply refers to red cars having appeal on car lots. Unfortunately, it also refers to how common they are since so many cars are built and sold with red paint since consumers are attracted to the "sporty" color. I guess that one just flew right over your head.

5.) I could barely read this considering I speak English, but I'll give the reply my best shot. Mustangs did not cost a fraction of the price of F-bodies. In fact, the cars were priced VERY equally. Z28s/Trans Ams were priced at the level of the Mustang GTs and WS6s and SS Camaros were priced at the level of Cobras. Do you not think that GM made V6 F-bodies just like Ford made V6 Mustangs?

The general public liked Mustangs better and the sales reflect that. Mustangs and F-bodies and were competitors and GM lost the battle. Fortunately, they haven't lost the war yet since the new Camaro is coming out and I think it will sell well. By the way, Corvettes were priced well above both cars and they still sold extremely well, year after year, like they have since the car's inception. What does that tell you?

6.) Corvettes are an American icon. The Corvette is America's sports car. Hell, it came out years before the Mustang was even conceived (which came out in 1964, three years before the Camaro or Firebird). You want to talk muscle? How about the L88 cars, 427/435 HP Sting Rays, etc.? Those were some of the fastest cars of their time and they were definately more complete and potent cars than the others you mentioned, just like today.

7.) You have the same drivetrain as the Corvette (I know F-body guys love to talk about this), but that's basically where the equality stops. Corvettes have a far better suspension, better brakes, better rear end, and they are far more aerodynamic. Did I mention that they weigh at least 300 pounds less? Face it, the Corvette is the better performer in every category.

8.) Never seen a Corvette owner talk this way? What, do you mean fluently, knowledgeably, or what? At least I can convey my thoughts coherently, thank you very much. You're the first F-body owner I've ever seen that thinks their car is so rare that it belongs in the Smithsonian. I congratulate you on this epic feat.

Cliffs Notes:

Corvette > F-body
Old 06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, u guys need to be put in a room for a few hours and locked in together!! Chill Fellas, same team!! I say to the original poster, persenally i think u shoud keep the bird, test drive the c5 Z06 and the C6 and if they really take ur breath away than do it, if not wait for the new camaro. I think as much of an F-body guy that i am, if the opourtunity was afforded to me to get a c5 Z06 i would jump ship easily. Vettes are all over the place, but around here so are f-bods, and vettes are definatly of a higher caliber in general, no doubt and come on gents, these things arent rare by any stretch!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Shrugs, I will always think that TA's stand out WAY more than a vette will. The spoiler, the front design.. hell its the OG batman mobile

asking 100 people oon the street means nothing man.. poll 100 car guys and itll be less of a landslide though I think a vette will win the poll. But asking 100 random people which they prefer is like asking a blonde to vote

I concur about vette being americans icon sportscar. Great car. I am glad its around. But we need the ghetto f bodies so that the little man can get a little taste of the big mans world And an fbody is closest to that of anything in that price range.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

comparing a z06 to the bird.. is much different than merely comparing a vette

I dont think many idiots would refuse swapping over to a fuggin z06 over their fbody just not many would switch over for a regular vette

and no you cant compare a z06 to the ss or ws6 Its virtually a whole new beast l)

Though I might still sell the z06 if it were given to me and get me another ta personally cause I am a TA guy for reasons I cant understand hehe.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

i'd keep the bird
Old 06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
haha you sound like one of the vette owners who bitched about the camaro being an ls1.And these cars in the condition we have them in are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more rare then a good condition vette.If you dont believe me go find one, then see how much easier it is to find the vette.Besides why not spend less on a car spend more on making it fast and spank cocky vette driver's who need to get of THEIR high horse's and realize their **** aint invincible.Us poor scum bags in the fbodys should just bend over and kiss your *** cause you drive a vette right?WRONG

Are you a moron? Why don't I go compare finding clean foxs to finding clean Ferrari F430s. I mean, which one am I going to find easier? I can't believe you are that damn stupid to make a generalization like that.