General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

stick with a bird or move to a vette?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dip Stick
Shrugs, I will always think that TA's stand out WAY more than a vette will. The spoiler, the front design.. hell its the OG batman mobile
I didn't know having an over-sized hood was what you called "standing out." Go TAS!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think in the end your gunna do what you wanna do no matter what anyone says- which is fine by me. If i were you it's a toss up. I'de pick either one on any given day. Corvette = status. looks sweet as hell, very sleek and has exceptional handling. Better build quality, but only has 2 seats if that matters to you (doesn't to me).
The camaros/TAs are a cheaper muscle car, reflected by the build quality. YES they share the same major parts (LS1, T-56). but the corvette has some variances. They wont handle as well and have much different styling. Some like the bold and agressive look of a TA and others will drool over the sleek sexiness of a vette.
Basically, do you want to look cool and have a sweet handling car or do you want a ***** out race car that you could build with the money you saved by not buying the vette.
Everyone likes to look cool from time to time and for some speed is not the absolute top priority, or else we'de all have ratty beat up 92 camaros with a big *** blown ironblock. For those of you that can have your cake and eat it too (fast modded vette) then **** off- b.c the rest of us are jealous, or me anyways
seriously man, just decide what you want. By the way you've worded things it sounds like gettin the vette would be a struggle, so you want to look cool and handle nicely, big pimp it up with a vette. You want to keep a car with some questionable build quality and make it fast as hell then go for it. As far as resale goes a stock vette will go a helluva lot farther dollar for dollar than a modded camaro/T.A, just somethin else to think about. Nobody (speaking genera public) wants somebody elses hotrod.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
I didn't know having an over-sized hood was what you called "standing out." Go TAS!
That was why I said TA.. they dont have the "over sized hood."

Had I wanted to further the sexiness quotient I would have mentioned the WS6.. but like I said I was trying to keep it TA to vette..

I mean the little hood vent in the z06 is ok.. but it isnt a ws6 scoop by any stretch Kinda like a w6 isnt anywhere near the performance of the z06.

Oh sorry if I went on a tangent.. I tried to cover up your stupidity
Old 06-08-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just for the record i'm not saying all vettes or any vettes for that matter are shitty.I just prefer a good fbody over most vettes
sorry if I offended any of you vette guys
accept of coarse the guy who called me a moron
Old 06-08-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

I really like vettes they are great cars. They look awesome. Just to each his own. The TA just is my dream car sadly enough hehe. Yeah I know.. is it cheap dreams or just reachable goals.. Shrugs.

Last week I was next to a murcielago *sp* and well I still thought my TA looked better hehe. Now I sure wish I could afford his ride and still drive mine hehe.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

That was why I said TA.. they dont have the "over sized hood."

Had I wanted to further the sexiness quotient I would have mentioned the WS6.. but like I said I was trying to keep it TA to vette..

I mean the little hood vent in the z06 is ok.. but it isnt a ws6 scoop by any stretch Kinda like a w6 isnt anywhere near the performance of the z06.

Oh sorry if I went on a tangent.. I tried to cover up your stupidity
i like you man lol, you know how to think also.....AS FOR YOU 560SL im sorry im not arguing with you anymore but seriously i do have a life and dont have time to fight on the INTERNET,get a life douchebag you missed the whole purpose of this whole thread ******* i asked a simple question about both cars that i LOVE equally and you come on here basicly bashing F-Bodys and acting like a vette is god, get over it man my friends got one and honestly its not something im going to go online and beat off to on internet sites... go to a new thread quit posting here im pretty sure i speak for all of us when i say no one wants to hear what you have to say, except for maybe your girlfriend BLACKMAMBA..get out and quit arguing about such a simple thing befor my thread gets locked because you have to be a ***** sence you have the "almighty vette"
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
i like you man lol, you know how to think also.....AS FOR YOU 560SL im sorry im not arguing with you anymore but seriously i do have a life and dont have time to fight on the INTERNET,get a life douchebag you missed the whole purpose of this whole thread ******* i asked a simple question about both cars that i LOVE equally and you come on here basicly bashing F-Bodys and acting like a vette is god, get over it man my friends got one and honestly its not something im going to go online and beat off to on internet sites... go to a new thread quit posting here im pretty sure i speak for all of us when i say no one wants to hear what you have to say, except for maybe your girlfriend BLACKMAMBA..get out and quit arguing about such a simple thing befor my thread gets locked because you have to be a ***** sence you have the "almighty vette"
HEY! It's The Black Mamba BIATCH!

If you are that blind, keep your TA. I mean, I know it looks like its going to "over and kick somebody in the *****", but that doesn't mean jack **** on the street. Keep telling yourself that your TA is "rare" and maybe, just maybe, you might be lucky to sell it for $20,000 at an auction in 25years! Oh yay, atleast you have something to look forward to.

Last edited by The Black Mamba; 06-08-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:22 AM
TECH Regular

I would get a Z06 and thats about it...nothing else would really do it for me mainly because insurance is more on a 'vette for me
Old 06-09-2007, 06:33 AM
TECH Resident

Some of us are very content with a 12k car, with 10k mods in it. IF I could afford a 40k+ car and put 20k mods in it, sure I might do it. But bng for the buck, the TA is more in my budget

Oh did I mention how sexy a TA looks? Hell I realize I might be in the minority, especially when I chose Jessica Biel over Jessica Alba. I guess I like a chic who can hold her top up more than her bottoms.. haha.

Anyways.. good choice Wait till the new camaro comes out, hell once that happens and if they beef the hell outta the new vettes too, I am sure the c6 prices will prolly drop
Old 06-09-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

vette prices always drop just because of the numbers they made and how much people drive them, and they keep making a newer style so who wants last years style when wooo look they have another hole in the hood lets trade this one in and get that, so yeah they do drop... im switching over to Highway Patrol here soon and should expect roughly 100,000 in first few years so im sure i can afford a hefty DP and make some payments for awhile on a 09 Camaro and maybe even a vette.. however if i do get this vette it WILL BE a Z06 only because i know i dont turn my head anymore unless i see those extra indents and a little sticker on the side.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see C5s everyday. Literally dozens of em. Hell two of my friends just bought one. They do nothing for me. I get more excited seeing a clean WS6 on the road. Vette owners think I'm kidding myself, ohh well.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

If you plan on getting the new Camaro, the smart thing would be to just save for that.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I see C5s everyday. Literally dozens of em. Hell two of my friends just bought one. They do nothing for me. I get more excited seeing a clean WS6 on the road. Vette owners think I'm kidding myself, ohh well.
I see **** tons of F-bodies on the road every day. What's your point, skipper?
Old 06-09-2007, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 560SL
He saked for my take on this, so I told him. What's it to ya?
Old 06-09-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think this is his point
[QUOTE=INMY01TA] They do nothing for me. I get more excited seeing a clean WS6 on the road. QUOTE]
I think
Old 06-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Teching In

HAHAHAHAHAHA. This thread is some FUNNY ****.

To the original poster:

1.) 3 Trans Ams within 90 miles of Key West Florida? You can't be serious can you? I mean that might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Actually, it is not far from the truth. I never see any Trans Ams driving around, only regular firebirds. There was a nice formula but the dude wrecked it.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:57 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh did I mention how sexy a TA looks?
Damn straight, man. I still can't believe a car that looks like THAT is actually out on the road-it's beautiful. As for 'Vettes, I guess I'm just not sophisticated enough to appreciate them, and I wouldn't be able to live with one anyway; passengers, groceries, work stuff, where would all of that go in a 'Vette? I wouldn't be able to get by. The only exception would be the '65 Shelby Cobra, of course. If I could have a car like that I'd tell my friends, cargo and work stuff to take the freaking bus. Oh, and Biel all the way...

Last edited by myk; 06-09-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Unless its a C6 its not worth the upgrade to me. Maybe a pristine C5 Z06 at a steal of a price but thats it. I saw 2 c5's today on the way home from my g/f house which is 3.5 miles away. On long truck rides everyday in the work trucks I see atleast a dozen or so c5's going the other way and 5 or so c6's a day. I have seen 3 98-02 SS's and 5 WS6"s all year long. Yes I actually counted. I actually get excited when I see another pristine SS on the road b/c well I never see them. They are usually pounded to death. I can aford a C6 but dont know if its worth it too take on a huge car payment for a car I will drive 1500-3000 miles a yr.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Apparently Black Mamba and 560sl live in the only two towns in the country that are overpopulated with clean LS1 F bods.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bomb3r13
Actually, it is not far from the truth. I never see any Trans Ams driving around, only regular firebirds. There was a nice formula but the dude wrecked it.
ahh my fellow team-mate, this is one of the FEW F-Bodys down here and one of the fewer of the LS1s...