General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

stick with a bird or move to a vette?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Apparently Black Mamba and 560sl live in the only two towns in the country that are overpopulated with clean LS1 F bods.

you know i was thinking that same thing, i would like to know where its at so i can go take a look at everyones cars and maybe buy another, anyone down for a roadtrip to 560 Mambaville?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
ahh my fellow team-mate, this is one of the FEW F-Bodys down here and one of the fewer of the LS1s...
I was in Islamorada/Key West in March. Saw one LS1 TA the whole time. Was happy to see that Colorados were freakin everywhere down there. What's up with that?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

lol yeah theres alot of those around here, everyone has boats and its a good small truck that can pull a decent sized boat, theres all the GM ones everywhere to i forget what they are called though
Old 06-10-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

1MEANTRANSAM is see your thread finally calmed down a bit....lol.... Just remember we are dealing with people who suffer from an inferiority complex, it's not thier fault. They have a mental condition haha.....

Last edited by WhosNXT; 06-11-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

lol yes, so i guess i should try to treat them more of a mentaly disabled person?

Awww 560SL you seem irritated? do you want a lolipop?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Is it safe for a Vette owner to come in here? I didn't know I turned into a bigger A-hole just for buying the Vette. Well back to the subject.

I'm not a big fan of the C5's. That is why I bought a C6 but I think in your case I would stay with the TA especially if it's paid off. My dream car was always the Corvette and I just had my Camaro to sub in until I could afford to buy a Vette. To each his own and good luck with your decision.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

See i like honest opinions like that, not bashing.. if i was getting vette it would only be the big guy and im not that rich yet lol
Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 560SL
7.) You have the same drivetrain as the Corvette (I know F-body guys love to talk about this), but that's basically where the equality stops. Corvettes have a far better suspension, better brakes, better rear end, and they are far more aerodynamic. Did I mention that they weigh at least 300 pounds less? Face it, the Corvette is the better performer in every category.
Are those qualities worth an upgrade to the C5 from the 4th gen f-body? To most people on this board, the answer is a resounding NO. The difference in price between the cars can replace a rear end, upgrade brakes and suspension, and then some... all with the power of the C5, and none of the "Corvette tax". Perhaps the only thing we couldn't get is that SUPER AWESOME (please) aerodynamic styling or that quality interior of yours. Oops, did I say quality? Nevermind - you can keep your it. It's better, but nothing like you'd expect for paying what's supposed to be a car more than TWICE the worth of the f-body, yet bearing the same drivetrain as the... you guessed it: in-every-way-inferior f-body.

Does the C5 at least look better? Not so much. Minus the sports-car proportions and stance, the car's styling is far from exciting. The C5's styling is about as stimulating as a stock Camaro's, which is about as stimulating as a Concorde's. It may qualify for the minimum, albeit subjective, appearance of a sports car, but when we're talking "head-turning" styling, I'd put my money on a clean TA/WS.6 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I don't think many in here are in denial - a Corvette is overall superior. However, in regards to the OP, the C5 is not superior enough. It may be an enduring "American icon", but if that was your concern, you wouldn't be asking this question. IMO it would be a "status symbol" upgrade more than anything, and on the street ( ) that means jack ****. Speaking of "jack ****" on the "street"...

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
If you are that blind, keep your TA. I mean, I know it looks like its going to "over and kick somebody in the *****", but that doesn't mean jack **** on the street. Keep telling yourself that your TA is "rare" and maybe, just maybe, you might be lucky to sell it for $20,000 at an auction in 25years! Oh yay, atleast you have something to look forward to.
We all know how rare the C5 is... PLEASE. The car is a dime a dozen, and is so common that the car, in stock form, rolls by you without so much as a snicker. A WS.6 on the other hand? A C5 can't even hold a candle to either of a WS.6's nostrils without being snuffed out by superior, aggressive styling. The thing is ugly enough to look good, damn good, on the streets.

And yes, for 99% encounters on the street, the Corvette's lighter weight, better suspension, and aerodynamics matter. Not to mention that the LS1s in Corvettes MAKE MOR POWAR!!!11 Give me a break. And please, subscribe to this post and pray it lasts 25 years, so you can eat your words. A TA/WS.6 (provided that they don't resurrect it and do what the +05 Mustang did for the Fastback) will bring in $20 grand at the MINIMUM.

Your Corvette, on the other hand, will simply be superceded by the next generation Corvette. And as Corvettes go, GM constantly finds new ways to make ten times the car than they had before. If anyone's resale value is in jeopardy... it's yours.

Back to the OP: keep the TA, or step up to the C6.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Are those qualities worth an upgrade to the C5 from the 4th gen f-body? To most people on this board, the answer is a resounding NO. The difference in price between the cars can replace a rear end, upgrade brakes and suspension, and then some... all with the power of the C5, and none of the "Corvette tax". Perhaps the only thing we couldn't get is that SUPER AWESOME (please) aerodynamic styling or that quality interior of yours. Oops, did I say quality? Nevermind - you can keep your it. It's better, but nothing like you'd expect for paying what's supposed to be a car more than TWICE the worth of the f-body, yet bearing the same drivetrain as the... you guessed it: in-every-way-inferior f-body.

Does the C5 at least look better? Not so much. Minus the sports-car proportions and stance, the car's styling is far from exciting. The C5's styling is about as stimulating as a stock Camaro's, which is about as stimulating as a Concorde's. It may qualify for the minimum, albeit subjective, appearance of a sports car, but when we're talking "head-turning" styling, I'd put my money on a clean TA/WS.6 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I don't think many in here are in denial - a Corvette is overall superior. However, in regards to the OP, the C5 is not superior enough. It may be an enduring "American icon", but if that was your concern, you wouldn't be asking this question. IMO it would be a "status symbol" upgrade more than anything, and on the street ( ) that means jack ****. Speaking of "jack ****" on the "street"...

We all know how rare the C5 is... PLEASE. The car is a dime a dozen, and is so common that the car, in stock form, rolls by you without so much as a snicker. A WS.6 on the other hand? A C5 can't even hold a candle to either of a WS.6's nostrils without being snuffed out by superior, aggressive styling. The thing is ugly enough to look good, damn good, on the streets.

And yes, for 99% encounters on the street, the Corvette's lighter weight, better suspension, and aerodynamics matter. Not to mention that the LS1s in Corvettes MAKE MOR POWAR!!!11 Give me a break. And please, subscribe to this post and pray it lasts 25 years, so you can eat your words. A TA/WS.6 (provided that they don't resurrect it and do what the +05 Mustang did for the Fastback) will bring in $20 grand at the MINIMUM.

Your Corvette, on the other hand, will simply be superceded by the next generation Corvette. And as Corvettes go, GM constantly finds new ways to make ten times the car than they had before. If anyone's resale value is in jeopardy... it's yours.

Back to the OP: keep the TA, or step up to the C6.
Well sounds like you guys just got and i'd have to say that every thing he said is right on the money so here's one from me too
Old 06-11-2007, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 560SL
HAHAHAHAHAHA. This thread is some FUNNY ****.

To the original poster:

1.) 3 Trans Ams within 90 miles of Key West Florida? You can't be serious can you? I mean that might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

2.) Corvettes turn WAY more heads than F-bodies, just the facts of life. They're far more desirable in better in every way except for not having a back seat.

3.) A 4th Trans Am is far from rare.

4.) You don't want an "everyday Corvette" ?! Ok, you're in a resale red Trans Am, not a Bugatti Veyron. Again, let me reiterate this, a 4th gen. Trans Am is about as rare as a cloudy day.

To the rest of the responses in this thread:

1.) They "out of no where" just stopped F-body production? They did it because no one wanted them and they weren't selling. They gave plenty of warning before they did it to in order to get a bunch of suckers to pay up for the loaded out "special edition collector cars."

2.) "They will always make and have 'Vettes." Damn right, that's because people love them. They're an American icon.

3.) A 1999 Z28 is not a hard car to find, either. I could find over 50 of them within 10 minutes of looking online. What color do you want?

4.) "Corvettes are overrated." Wow, this one really got me rolling. How in the hell are they overrated, and especially compared to an F-body? Corvettes go, stop, turn and look as good as cars that cost over 3 times as much money.

Don't get me wrong guys, F-bodies are badass cars and you have some very nice rides. However, some of you need to climb off the high horse. They're not rare AT ALL and aren't in the same league as a Corvette.

Anyway, back to the thread. You're doing the smart thing keeping your car. Not having a car payment is the financially smart thing to do and since you love it so much, why sell it?

Good choice.
all of this is correct. lol.

Last edited by 98Bird; 06-11-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

It would be hard to trade my SS for a vette. C5 na... C6 hell yeah
Old 08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

LOL at thread
Old 08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blue176
Id rather have a paid off fbody, so I could waste money on a forged motor and a twin turbo kit and whatever else.
the truth put so nonchalantly.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Hold out on the vette, wait for the C6 prices to fall down to where you can pluck one for like 24 grand with 50k miles. My buddy waited for the C5 prices to tumble and nabbed his for the price of a WS6.