General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I shed a tear today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the big deal the guy was having the car washed and thus taking care of it. This isn't 30 years ago when the brushes in the car washes would often bust the windshield out of a car because the controls didn't sense preassure that well. I use the automated car washes now and a again and have never had a problem.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not the pressure from the brushes that is the problem. It's the **** that gets caught in the brushes that is the bad part. You can argue all you want that the brushes are clean but trust me, they aren't anywhere near clean.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
and if you want to quote the "LS1" its actually been talked about and mentioned in many mags,shows, general talk and VOTED the number 1 performance engine sence any of this drag racing has come along.

#1 Engine since drag racing was invented, huh? I seriously have to wonder where you hear this ****...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 560SL

#1 Engine since drag racing was invented, huh? I seriously have to wonder where you hear this ****...
Agreed. The LSx platform is awesome and it makes great power. However
the FACT is that they aren't even competitive real events. The LSx platform
has a long way to go to catch up. Sorry boys...I wish it were different to...
but that is the truth.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well, here's my view, take it or leave it.

I'd much rather have a F-Body rather than a Lamborghini, or a Ferrari. One reason is because I don't feel like spending 150K+ on just a car...not to mention how high the ******* insurance, gas, repairs would be...but I guess if you could buy the car then taking care of it would be no problem.

Also, I can almost guarantee you that if you pulled up in let's say...IDK Wal-Mart, parked it, and then went in and got some groceries...by the time you came back out, your paint job would probably be keyed to hell, windows could possibly be busted....and I've actually seen it happen.

I wouldn't do it, but I know this world is full of jealous little bastards who have nothing else to do with their time....I even got my old T/A keyed twice.

F-Body is just much more practical, IMO.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

NOTHING at all wrong with 'TOUCHLESS' washes...just detail spray or wax a little later..had to do it a few times...been all over in my car--sometimes u gotta go through one or spend a f'ing hour cleaning...
Old 06-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Diesel_29
Well, here's my view, take it or leave it.

I'd much rather have a F-Body rather than a Lamborghini, or a Ferrari. One reason is because I don't feel like spending 150K+ on just a car...not to mention how high the ******* insurance, gas, repairs would be...but I guess if you could buy the car then taking care of it would be no problem.

Also, I can almost guarantee you that if you pulled up in let's say...IDK Wal-Mart, parked it, and then went in and got some groceries...by the time you came back out, your paint job would probably be keyed to hell, windows could possibly be busted....and I've actually seen it happen.

I wouldn't do it, but I know this world is full of jealous little bastards who have nothing else to do with their time....I even got my old T/A keyed twice.

F-Body is just much more practical, IMO.
Gotta love all those Ferraris parked at Wal-Mart. After all, Wal-Mart is the new Gucci...
Old 06-09-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously, you drive a R107 chassis 560SL?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Black Mamba........it doesnt matter what kind of car it is. If you want to take care of it then it should not be taken through one of these car washes. Cars have more value than just money.
I wasn't aware I said anything about not taking care of your car. I just would like all these people to open their eyes and realize that fbodies aren't rare. The cars are 5+ years old, if it gets a little .5" scratch from one wash, so be it. If it bothers you that damn much, buy some touch up paint for like $8.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by unit213
Agreed. The LSx platform is awesome and it makes great power. However
the FACT is that they aren't even competitive real events. The LSx platform
has a long way to go to catch up. Sorry boys...I wish it were different to...
but that is the truth.
Agreed. But the reason is they're tailored toward road courses, not the strip. Ask the Europeans. Ferrari, Porsche, and the rest are sick of the C5R and now C6R beating their @$$es handed to them in LeMans series events. Even Aston Martin joined the fray and copied the American OHV V8 style. They've come closest to knocking Corvette off, but no cigar.

And there's also scca racing, where the c5 z06 and its ls6 platform are legendary. Once again, almost complete domination from the time it was first produced in 2001. They won't even allow new z's of course.

The lsx platform can be purpose built for drag racing, and there are a few nuts that hang around the c5 forced induction section of corvette forum that have 7 and 8 sec. rides(one actually has a mid 8 sec. IRS car), and nines have become quite commonplace. But it is costly and hardly ideal. If you want quadruple digit power and a consistent drag beast, there are much better platforms to begin with.

#1 engine for ROAD RACING for sure. The trophies speak for themselves. But drag racing? Hardly. And this is from a kool-aid drinking lsx nutcase.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here in TN camaros are a dime a dozen they are everywhere, more mustangs but its pretty close. BUT out of all these F-bodys that are out in my neck of the woods VERY FEW are takin care of most have one foot in the grave or they are V6's. So I would agree that F-body arent rare but well kept, takin care of ones are! So that gives me a certin amount of pleasure in knowing I have takin care of mine an its still lookin good.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drive my car every day and I havent washed it in a few months.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
I just would like all these people to open their eyes and realize that fbodies aren't rare.
I take it that you are a Mustang owner from what these guys are saying.. you don't have any nuts to post anything in a Sig so I am not certian.

Regardless of what we own it's called PRIDE. Now you coming into a GM Forum and talking crap to a bunch of us about how our cars suck compared to yours..keep in mind that you are 1 person vs. how many..

Put it this way, you are pretty much walking into the Lion's Den covered in BBQ Sauce with a piece of Steak in your Hand..you're gonna get fucked up.

That and F-bodies aren't "rare"..they are just out of production. The Mustangs around here multiply like freakin Rabbits..
Old 06-09-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_merv
I take it that you are a Mustang owner from what these guys are saying.. you don't have any nuts to post anything in a Sig so I am not certian.

Regardless of what we own it's called PRIDE. Now you coming into a GM Forum and talking crap to a bunch of us about how our cars suck compared to yours..keep in mind that you are 1 person vs. how many..

Put it this way, you are pretty much walking into the Lion's Den covered in BBQ Sauce with a piece of Steak in your Hand..you're gonna get fucked up.

That and F-bodies aren't "rare"..they are just out of production. The Mustangs around here multiply like freakin Rabbits..
Fixed the sig for ya hoss.

I never said I disliked your cars. The engines are great, and I am not a Ford fanboy by any means, so stop ******* calling me one. All I would like to do, is let you guys realize there are other cars out there, but obviously, you don't seem to see it. All you see is a mustang vs fbody controversy.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never said I disliked your cars. The engines are great, and I am not a Ford fanboy by any means, so stop ******* calling me one. All I would like to do, is let you guys realize there are other cars out there, but obviously, you don't seem to see it. All you see is a mustang vs fbody controversy.
Yeah, you guys quit stereotyping because Mamba has a monopoly on it.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
Seriously, you drive a R107 chassis 560SL?
Yep Well, it's one of my cars.

It's been in my family for years. I drove it all through high school and now it's my weekend cruiser. It's been a great car!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Interesting. I managed a Mercedes repair shop for 6 years. Never thought I'd come across a R107 driver on these boards!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Resident

Lol. Who really cares. It's a $17,000 car on a good day. When you leave la-la land, maybe you will actually open your eyes and realize that camaros/trans ams/corvettes aren't going to be worth much. Please hurry though, I may not be around in 20 years when you finally figure it out.

By the way, I respect F-Bodies. It's just losers like you that think they're god, and put lines like "LS1, the engine touched by God" in your sigs. Get over yourself.

I know tons of people around here with legit cars, one is a 10sec camaro. They're great rides, but they aren't rare. Stop acting like they are.
spoken by a guy that drives a Ford, one of the fastest depreciating brands out there. very few cars depreciate in value as fast as a mustang. they're about as common as hair on my legs with all that lovely ford reliability built into it.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

as far as im concerned there is only one car out there and its out there in my garage no one else's car really matters but mine i bought it for me and no one else and i would never put it in one of paint butchers i spent over 300 bucks on special towels wax polishes cleaners ect.. just to keep it looking as new as possible when i bought it i was supossed to be buying a truck for work so i could stop useing my 76 camaro but it was the last one in the show room and i had to have it and i take pride in the fact that i can take most cars on the street costing far more
Old 06-09-2007, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by vaticano
i take pride in the fact that i can take most cars on the street costing far more
^^This guy knows how I will be feeling..

All you see is a mustang vs fbody controversy.
Aww.. that's that Chevy/Ford love there..

Quick Reply: I shed a tear today...