General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I have the worst luck...with this car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man sounds like my old Prelude i had i thought i got it from the dealer for a steal cause it had an oil leak out the sending unit but they didn't find it easy fixed i actually borrowed there jack and tools and fixed it there. after the first 2 weeks I hit some animal at 50 tore up the whole front end fixed that. let someone drive it and they took it into a pole. fixed that and got about a month of driving out of it worst month I ever had i had an almost near crash experience everyday until the clutch stated to go bad. finally after about a month and ahalf of driving had another wreck. but this time Put full coverage on it got BB which was what i paid for it not counting repairs and bought my formula good times since. I could swear that that car was cursed or just didn't wanna drive anymore. I guess in the end it worked out though had nothing but good luck in my formula. lol my posi broke and my rear end was shot i let my bro borrow the car he curbed it avoiding some kid and I got a new rear some new rims and much needed repairs from my ins

Sorry I stole your thread i would say if you fix it and something happens again get another f-body.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add 1) 16oz bottle of Holy Water to the coolant system and two more bottles for the next wash job. That'll teach the bitch! "exercise the demons"
BTW i was to that point with my 68. no kidding. a money pit no dought but these problems might follow you to the next car
Old 06-24-2007, 08:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Reminds me of my brand new '78. It needed a new front clip 3 weeks after I bought it. After I got it back, it was side swiped in a parking lot. New front fender and door this time. But before it went in the shop for repairs, my future wife added a dent in the rear quarter panel. Two months later, I was racing a buddy on the highway, I hit a muffler at 110. Needed to get a new rear wheel and the rear quarter fixed again! While it was in the shop, I borrowed my mom's Cordova to get to school, I was side swiped on the passenger side.

All of this happened between May and September of 1978. I almost gave up driving! I haven't had an accident since! Knock on wood! (Closed fist taps the head)