General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

older muscle vs. new muscle

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diablotruck
GN's are amazing machines I have owned 5 of them and on 89 TTA. They were all fast and responded well to modification. But they are very tempremental cars. Tuning is the difference between a good running 10 sec. car or a 14 sec car with the same parts. Alot of people have had good luck with them not breaking but like everything else it is trial and error and if you are like me that likes to put my foot to the floor every chance I get the ls platform is the way to go. The buick is a stout performer but if you run it to its max potential all the time it is still just a 6 with weak bottom end/ main cap webbing.
haha maybe an ls1 is for me then....i dont floor it all the time but i dont want to go to floor it and somethin pops loose rather reliability right now....

plus i can just take one of my dads 78 80 or 75 vettes out
Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Well...the way i see things is...there is no "old" or "new" muscle. Muscle my freinds IS muscle!! It dont matter if it is carburated, or with EFI.....Dont disregard old cars as being less than new. Lots of torque, raw gasoline smell, deep rumble exhaust sound, chassis squeaking in agony, burned rubber, big ******* smile....thats MUSCLE!!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sreve
i'm an old guy i like old school but the new stuff is too cool for school.
previous cars;
'70 ss chevelle
'69 roadrunner
'73 340 duster
'69 gto
the ss 396 was the most fun, thumpin racer brown cam, elderbrock open plenum intake,750 holley double pumper,LTs,4:10 ,4speed it got 11mpg if you kept your foot out of it. it got real bad if you beat on it. but hey gas was about 50 cents a gal then.
i remember that mallory dual point distrutor i would shift about six. required the hood open constantly 25 to 3'000 miles to keep it running right. it was an ill-handling car to today's standards.
but it get's worse the roadrunner & the duster convinced me i'm not a dodge boy. the RR was a 383 auto big tires in the wells slapper bars, thush muffers both were ill handling POS
bought another A-boby about '87 . '69 gto another 396 bbc car mild cam t-400 350 gears not real fast
but bit was a head tuner sold in '01 for a house upgrade.
did w\o for almost 6 years but after 28 years of marital bliss WTF got an '02 B4C it stops steers and handles it is a better mouse trap.
old school yeah it could still work, how bout an LS-2 in a '65 impala hard top 6 speed?
YAHOO!!!
Man you sound just like my dad with all those classic muscle cars!