General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I crashed my Camaro SS *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrumpyjenkinS
Thats fraud. and bad business.
You can tell the difference between deer/dog type hits and
guardrail hits. Deductibles are the same usually. Unless you specified lower comp ded there is no reason to have the uncomfortable confrontation.

Your damage is not that bad. You likely bent a tie rod or control arm if the steering is off. If there is structural damage it can be fixed by a shop with a frame rack good as new. Check your door gaps if the passenger side is really tight and the driver door and fender gap is huge. You need frame work.
The power steering is gone too, it exploded and you can see the tire pushed under the car.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

I got a trailer hitch threw the front end back in January. Needed a new hood, front bumper cover and filler, radiator support and the frame was a tad bit bent so they put that back straight. It happend cuz the butt head in front of me stopped short at this stop light out of now where. It cost $4500 to have it put back together and painted at the chevy dealer down the road. Problem is that the car ain't the same anymore. It is not lined up 100% in the front anymore.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Dude ur gonna have to claim...ur rates will go up, but hopefully ur 21 or 25 soon...i didn't look. But I'd claim it, then make sure they do a real good inspection on the car to make sure there's no frame damage. You'll be pretty happy when it's fixed i think.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Sorry to see that bro.
I have had a couple of wrecks..I was able to fix mine in the Garage. Yours looks a little more extensive.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VetteMan
Geico says they have a policy to not hold accidents against you, that your rates do not go up after one. Thats what the lady said to me but it does not sound right..

Anyone know anything about them?
I have had them for quite awhile, and have been very happy with them. I was in an accident with my 01 silverado that had full coverage through them, and all was well and the rates never changed.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx
I got a trailer hitch threw the front end back in January. Needed a new hood, front bumper cover and filler, radiator support and the frame was a tad bit bent so they put that back straight. It happend cuz the butt head in front of me stopped short at this stop light out of now where. It cost $4500 to have it put back together and painted at the chevy dealer down the road. Problem is that the car ain't the same anymore. It is not lined up 100% in the front anymore.
That would bug the hell out of me. How do I make sure everything is done perfect on my car? I rather sell it now then deal with a car that wont be right again.

Quick Reply: I crashed my Camaro SS *Pics*