General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Great oil that is readily available at an auto parts store?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
you'd be looking pretty stupid by doing this
And you look pretty smart because you think M1 is group 3 also? Enlighten me.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

http://theoildrop.server101.com/foru...e=7#Post915645
here's one
Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

That's not proof. It's another forum. The first reply to the question said "There's evidence that suggests M1 might be G III." As I said, I can't necessarily prove it's a G IV but you can't prove to me that it's not.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M1 Turbo Diesel (formerly Truck & SUV) 5w-40 is also a very good oil. I used it on the SS, no oil use, noise, etc. It's reputed to be the same as Delvac 1, a diesel oil with a very good rep. You can get it at Wallyworld in the gallon jugs for cheaper per quart than at AutoZone.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhdenney
That's not proof. It's another forum. The first reply to the question said "There's evidence that suggests M1 might be G III." As I said, I can't necessarily prove it's a G IV but you can't prove to me that it's not.
It's going to take longer than ten minutes to go through the M1 GrIII/GrIV discussions at BITOG. They are many and long.

But the Reader's Digest version is that once M1 lost the court battle their product had deteriorated while their cold pour points have increased while their UOAs have gotten less stellar while their press hacks mealy-mouth around and say things like, "Well, it's really not what's in it as much as how well it performs." while you still pay the same sky-high price for oil that is the same as other oils that are cheaper.

OTOH, some of their oils remain GrIV.

But neither side can get the smoking gun on the other so both sides **** back and forth over the fence.

But, I don't care since M1 is not producing the best results for it's high price and I don't buy it any more.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

well if you would stop being stubborn and read the whole thread, you would have read multiple people have contacted various oil companies asking what is the base for their oil, everyone answers but exxon-mobil, why?, cause they have something to hide, back in the day they would gladly exclaim to the public that they used grp IV, it has been noted that since the exxon takeover they have downgraded and they obviously are hiding something cause they wont say yes or no, they will neither claim to use grp III or deny it, wouldnt a company who used grp IV want to stop all the blasphemy and tell everyone they use IV, they wont cause they have something to hide, you know why? cause they use enuff additives to still keep it in the same performance range as the old but it is made with a downgraded base, take it for what you want i guess, if Mobil1 is god to you and you cant fathom them ever doing wrong then i guess that is your right but their is too much about them being in the wrong and no response from mobil1 to stop the blasphemy for me think they are the almighty, peace!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Incredible
It's going to take longer than ten minutes to go through the M1 GrIII/GrIV discussions at BITOG. They are many and long.

But the Reader's Digest version is that once M1 lost the court battle their product had deteriorated while their cold pour points have increased while their UOAs have gotten less stellar while their press hacks mealy-mouth around and say things like, "Well, it's really not what's in it as much as how well it performs." while you still pay the same sky-high price for oil that is the same as other oils that are cheaper.

But, I don't care since M1 is not producing the best results for it's high price and I don't buy it any more.
over priced bs is all M1 is,
Old 07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Veteran

well if you would stop being stubborn and read the whole thread, you would have read multiple people have contacted various oil companies asking what is the base for their oil, everyone answers but exxon-mobil, why?, cause they have something to hide, back in the day they would gladly exclaim to the public that they used grp IV, it has been noted that since the exxon takeover they have downgraded and they obviously are hiding something cause they wont say yes or no, they will neither claim to use grp III or deny it, wouldnt a company who used grp IV want to stop all the blasphemy and tell everyone they use IV, they wont cause they have something to hide, you know why? cause they use enuff additives to still keep it in the same performance range as the old but it is made with a downgraded base, take it for what you want i guess, if Mobil1 is god to you and you cant fathom them ever doing wrong then i guess that is your right but their is too much about them being in the wrong and no response from mobil1 to stop the blasphemy for me think they are the almighty, peace!
I didn't say M1 was the almighty, be-all end-all oil. I am just maintaining my belief that it is a G IV. You present a very good conspiracy theory against M1 but have provided no hard facts.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Veteran

But neither side can get the smoking gun on the other so both sides **** back and forth over the fence.
Exactly. There's nothing proven. All I am saying is it's always been a G IV, no one can pinpoint that it's now a III, so I see no reason to believe it's not a G IV anymore. It's all just theory.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Exactly. There's nothing proven. All I am saying is it's always been a G IV, no one can pinpoint that it's now a III, so I see no reason to believe it's not a G IV anymore. It's all just theory.
call them and ask them, if they are a group IV then they should tell you, then get back to us
Old 07-06-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

you must not read this part and only read what you want to read
Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

you must not read this part and only read what you want to read
I read it alright. But how do you know it's because of the basestock change and not just a drop in the quality of the formulation? It does sound compelling but it's not sufficient evidence.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

call them and ask them, if they are a group IV then they should tell you, then get back to us
I'll call Monday.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Ohhhh! Don't you dare ******* talk back to the GC Cult of Divine Superlubiosity! You better believe German Castrol lubes your engine so good, it sucks your **** at the same time!

Yeah, if you call any of the sponsors, and ask about this "GC" bullshit, they'll just laugh and tell you to change your oil often and keep it full. Choco Taco get's a little hyped up about it. Kinda like a kid who's eaten too much sugar.

Call a sponsor in your area and ask.
do you ever have anything positive to say? EVER? i've never seen you contribute to anything except an argument. at least i try most of the time.

i guess you're just another one of those guys that like to argue with facts and numbers as if your personal opinion is worth more than fact. how's it feel to be that important?