General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Is it Worth Going into Debt for a C5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Debt is killer especially when you calculate interest over the years, but thats only with Tens of Thousands of dollars that makes me sick to my stomach. But in this game I play, the sicknesses always win. Just be smart and patient about it. Then againg 5-6k is nothing and all depends what you can afford without stressing you out.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate making car payments, but love driving a Vette.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Vettes are nice but a fbod can rip them a new ******* with ease, and visa versa... personaly ihave a 98 camaro and i spank rich boys in their vettes all day, but i want one.. easier to work on the engine and from what i hear they handle better
Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im paying off my 2002 z28 i still have a few years, but after i finish paying off the camaro and with improved credit im getting a c5 z06

Just as long as you can afford the monthly payments and still have money for bills,gas/food,hobbys,women its all good

I got the mod bug on the z28 and have about $800 on the credit card but its affordable i can pay it off, the z28 will be heads/cam nitrous and probably will be in the garage since by that time im done with the mods it will be payed off and ill have no debt

cant wait to have a camaro and a vette
Old 07-11-2007, 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thosewhohatedmecreat
and i spank rich boys in their vettes all day
Exactly what I was mentioning earlier about people's perceptions of Corvette owners.

When you say crap like that, you're making yourself sound like a fucktard. C5's can be had for mid teens... same price as LS1 fbodies.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
Exactly what I was mentioning earlier about people's perceptions of Corvette owners.

When you say crap like that, you're making yourself sound like a fucktard. C5's can be had for mid teens... same price as LS1 fbodies.
woah woah whats with the flames? literaly, rich kids, dont know **** about cars driving daddys vette thinking they are all that... I have friends that drive corvettes that are built up and i respect those guys, i dont respect the rich kids that dont know **** about cars driving them.

stop trying to think people are so against you cuz you drive a corvette, big woop, my friend has a 1200 hp pump gas camaro and he gets dirty looks from everyone cuz they think he is super rich to be able to do that to a camaro, i drive an R1, people think that cuz i drive a motorbike i must be young and stupid, guys that ride harleys, lotta people think that cuz you ride a harley your hardcore, but it has nothing to do with that, it just so happens hardcore people sometimes like harleys.

I have nothing against corvette owners, lets make that one clear.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

woah woah whats with the flames? literaly, rich kids, dont know **** about cars driving daddys vette thinking they are all that... I have friends that drive corvettes that are built up and i respect those guys, i dont respect the rich kids that dont know **** about cars driving them.

stop trying to think people are so against you cuz you drive a corvette, big woop, my friend has a 1200 hp pump gas camaro and he gets dirty looks from everyone cuz they think he is super rich to be able to do that to a camaro, i drive an R1, people think that cuz i drive a motorbike i must be young and stupid, guys that ride harleys, lotta people think that cuz you ride a harley your hardcore, but it has nothing to do with that, it just so happens hardcore people sometimes like harleys.

I have nothing against corvette owners, lets make that one clear.

You sound like a kid you know that?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Rich kids can drive a fbody also....or a 04 cobra, or a evo, or anything else than can be made fast etc

Most people dont know **** about cars in general
Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroSS41
Is it Worth Going into Debt for a C5?
Yes, I think it's worth it.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

rich kids drive all kinda cars, unfortunatly for them i have a 60x30ft shop dedicated to building race cars, complete with a 8 second mustang just chillin there
Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

rich kids drive all kinda cars, unfortunatly for them i have a 60x30ft shop dedicated to building race cars, complete with a 8 second mustang just chillin there
So you have a 30’x 60’ racecar shop, a 98 Camaro, and an eight second Mustang?

YOU must be a rich kid.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not rich and own my own house, C5 and Blazer. I work hard for what i got and at 23 years old i'm doing good for myself. I get **** all the time about "daddy's Car" and "Rich Punk" but they don't know me OR what i make. I'm getting custom plates that say "NOTDADS" soon i think. Will stop at least half the Flames i get. I respect all cars that are fast. Even ones that aren't if they look nice. i had to wait a long time and work hard to get my C5. I still miss my '96 Z28 sometimes but i got the same **** as with the C5. Oh well. When it comes to ladies "a Vette Gets 'em Wet" lol although they are with you usually for the wrong reason's...
Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Forget about your age, think about other financial issues. What is your income to debt ratio? Good credit?

If you have relatively no debt and even a decent job, then I say go for it if thats your dream car.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Launching!

I had enough money to afford a C5 or any f-body with low milage. I chose the WS6, looks wise a Vette just doesn't compare. Sure I don't have the oooo ahhh factor a Vette brings, but who cares....buy whatever you like best.