General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anybody else get looks...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MGorman
Wow, not only am I a jackass, I’m stupid too. I wasted all my money on a Vette when I could have had a Camaro that was just as light and handled just as well for less money.
hey man i never said you were a jack ***
am i not correct ? could you not put that same money in an fbody and get better results?But you just cant tell everyone that you drive a vette and you're the man for doing so.
I like vette's just not the attitude that comes with them for the most part
Old 07-18-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same could be said about any car that costs less than a vette,your logic is flawed horseslayer.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chavez885
The same could be said about any car that costs less than a vette,your logic is flawed horseslayer.
alright i'm wrong or at least that your opinion so i'm bowing out of this one.The vette is the greatest car ever i'm sorry guys
Old 07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
am i not correct ? could you not put that same money in an fbody and get better results?But you just cant tell everyone that you drive a vette and you're the man for doing so.

Please tell me why everyone hates Vette owners so much. I mean I know the stupid, jackass, small *****, and midlife crisis part but I didn't understand the rest. Maybe I should have kept my Camaro so I would be liked by everyone. Wait...everyone still hated me when I drove the Camaro. I thought it was the Vette.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

I know you didn’t, that was from my first post.

I would say no when it comes to light weight and handling you’re not going to get the same results with the Camaro. Quarter mile absolutely, but not light weight and handling. At least not in a Camaro that is streetable. My Vette weighs 3163 with no weight reduction. That’s a hell of a lot of weight reduction for a Camaro.

Anyway I don’t mean to come across as having the “I’m the man because I have a Vette attitude” I hope you perceived from my first post that I have much respect for F-bodies. I have owned many in the past and would like to have another in the future.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MGorman
I know you didn’t, that was from my first post.

I would say no when it comes to light weight and handling you’re not going to get the same results with the Camaro. Quarter mile absolutely, but not light weight and handling. At least not in a Camaro that is streetable. My Vette weighs 3163 with no weight reduction. That’s a hell of a lot of weight reduction for a Camaro.

Anyway I don’t mean to come across as having the “I’m the man because I have a Vette attitude” I hope you perceived from my fist port that I have much respect for F-bodies. I have owned many in the past and would like to have another in the future.
we're good, i hope you understand that i also have a ton of respect for vette's just not some of the cocky ******** that drive them.but like i said we're good
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ptime54
Please tell me why everyone hates Vette owners so much. I mean I know the stupid, jackass, small *****, and midlife crisis part but I didn't understand the rest. Maybe I should have kept my Camaro so I would be liked by everyone. Wait...everyone still hated me when I drove the Camaro. I thought it was the Vette.
its just like cops bud the actions of the few affect the reputaion of many.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Teching In

no offence to anyone who has one but i really dont get why someone would buy the sports car without the sports car engine in it.Kinda like masturbation without the payoff.
Three reasons...
  1. Cash New V8 sports cars are 30k plus. Similarly performing foreign cars are no different. The cash gap shrinks with vehicle age, but not by enough for some. You can get an old V8, but those stock didn't make much more power than V6s today, so you're sorta back where you started on that one.
  2. Insurance Young late model V8 drivers can prepare to get ***-reamed by insurance companies for full coverage - which you DO have if you're paying monthly on your vehicle. The 'rich parents' factor can compensate for this if you have 'em, but if you don't...
  3. Choice You can drive a V6 mustang/firebird, or you can drive a Kia Rio. If driving a Rio doesn't bother you, then so be it, but for most of us, I'm sure that choice is way obvious...

and of course, slow cars are what modding is for, right?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Launching!

I got a look of confusion when I told my friend I had a Chevy small block 350

some people just don't know jack about cars. Oh well they are just gonna get screwed by the mechanics.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IWantAnA6
Three reasons...
  1. Cash New V8 sports cars are 30k plus. Similarly performing foreign cars are no different. The cash gap shrinks with vehicle age, but not by enough for some. You can get an old V8, but those stock didn't make much more power than V6s today, so you're sorta back where you started on that one.
  2. Insurance Young late model V8 drivers can prepare to get ***-reamed by insurance companies for full coverage - which you DO have if you're paying monthly on your vehicle. The 'rich parents' factor can compensate for this if you have 'em, but if you don't...
  3. Choice You can drive a V6 mustang/firebird, or you can drive a Kia Rio. If driving a Rio doesn't bother you, then so be it, but for most of us, I'm sure that choice is way obvious...

and of course, slow cars are what modding is for, right?
my first car was an red88 v8 camaro when i was 16 and the insureance was a bitch but it wasnt more then when i got my 4cycl brand new S10 extreme at 19
gotta pay to play but a 6cyl firebird or camaro is just a waste of time unless you're a girl even then its almost not acceptable to me.
you cant afford a v8 get a cobalt or something dont make me catch up to you in traffic to race just to find out you're not even in my league
"you call those breasts, those arent breasts, they're LIES!"(Stewie)
Old 07-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Teching In

my first car was an red88 v8 camaro when i was 16 and the insureance was a bitch but it wasnt more then when i got my 4cycl brand new S10 extreme at 19
I got quoted 200$ a month for my v6 by allstate. That was without full coverage and it was barely state minimum. Thinking about what sort of multiplier they would have placed on that if it had been a z28/Trans am still makes me want to vomit today.

gotta pay to play but a 6cyl firebird or camaro is just a waste of time unless you're a girl even then its almost not acceptable to me.
That great! Aren't you glad you have the choice of vehicle you wanted to drive? Do you not believe that other people should have a similar choice? For someone in the market for a new 22k mustang and no 6cyl option, what do they do? Drive a civic? I can already hear the "**** that" chorus getting ready to fire up. 6 cyl's are barely for girls, yeah just like trucks are for inbread hillbillies and covettes/vipers are for 50yo mid life crisis guys who need something to compliment their trophy girlfriends come on, grow up a little.

you cant afford a v8 get a cobalt or something dont make me catch up to you in traffic to race just to find out you're not even in my league
pfft. Thats gonna happen anyway. I'm sure you've gotten plenty of challenges from civic/toyota/scion drivers who think they can out run you with just CAI and a cat back, or worse, stock. On-road stupidity is a part of life. Deal with it. Fast cars are fun, but if you have to drive like you rolling through an episode Initial D every time you turn the key, something is wrong.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
well judging you are from miami the hot spot for cubans robbing every car in sight and stripping it to the bones i would imagine they know every car/year/model/engine size/ and even prices right off the top of there head...
No one in Miami looks twice at f-bodies. Too many Bentley's, Lambo's, and other exotic houses on wheels to distract them.

And it's a known fact that cubans on steal Civics.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IWantAnA6
I got quoted 200$ a month for my v6 by allstate .
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it all makes sence now you're not arguing for choice you're just being pissy cause you drive a sixer and got your feelings hurt
well like I said "no offence to anyone who has one but I dont understand it"
that means i'm not insulting you but i dont get it.IF YOU CANT AFFORD A MUSCLE CAR DONT BUY ONE!Buying a ***** version of a bad *** car doesnt make you cool.It degrades the car.Go buy a GTP and be happy if all you can afford is a 6.At least then you're not wasteing a perfectly good camaro or ta body
Old 07-18-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Show a little more maturity. I had a v6 firebird when I was in school full time because I wanted an fbody but didn't want to pay the $250 insurance per month that came with the LS1.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my origianl comment wasnt mean to hurt anyone's feelings if it does you are way too sensative and prob need a hug
Old 07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Once again....grow up some. No one is crying, they are simply replying to your comments. If you can't take it that people think differently than you then you should probably get off the internet.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Interesting thread to have come up today.

I was cleaning my wheels today and one of our I. T. guys came outside for a smoke break and started checking my car out.

He says:

"Ah a Camaro SS...the poor man's Corvette."

It pissed me off a little, but it was also funny so I didn't let it get to me. I didn't even try to explain to him about the LS1 drivetrain in GM vehicles, the guys like 70 years old.

I just started it up and let it idle a little with the cam, lt, and no cats. Than I gave it a few 4000RPM revs. I got out, and he had quite a surprised look on his face.

I just looked at him and said:

"Not too many factory 'Vettes are going to run with this thing." and walked away.

And before I get flamed, I know my role, and I know there are plenty of 'Vettes that would hand me my *** including the new LS3 probably, but I was just trying to shut the guy up, so hopefully all the 'Vette enthusiasts know where I was coming from with that comment.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tylerdj
Once again....grow up some. No one is crying, they are simply replying to your comments. If you can't take it that people think differently than you then you should probably get off the internet.
actually you're the one gettin all pissy over what i said
i'm glad you have your opinion and i have mine
so if you cant take that i think diff from you dont respond
hell a couple people thought it was funny and one guy thought it was funny enough to quote in his sig so it sounds to me like you need a sence of humor chief
Old 07-18-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speedmonster185
like YOU are stupid and/or cocky when you tell someone that your kind of car stock actually made the same HP as the LS1 Corvettes did? Lol. I just thought it was funny how people that really didn't know much about our cars immediately look at me like I don't know what I'm talking about when i tell them that . Oh well... I'm not good at convincing people either . They just think I'm dumb .
Haha, it's usually just an older guy or some redneck who just doesn't know what an LS1 is that usually does it around here. Not really any point to argue with them since, like MGorman said, it's been drilled into them by the media that Vettes are more powerful.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by splitplug
No one in Miami looks twice at f-bodies. Too many Bentley's, Lambo's, and other exotic houses on wheels to distract them.

And it's a known fact that cubans on steal Civics.

lol civics VERY TRUE!!!.... but still they like to throw in an occasional F-Body plus i have several friends who have gone up there in there box chevys or caddys and came back in a rent-a-car... EL CHICOS made off good with some my friends cars lol