General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

i need a 12-bolt

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i need a 12-bolt

from your experience, who has had the best prices and/or customer support on rear ends? i need 12-bolt or 9", 4-channel, 4.10's, and a posi/LSD...

pm, reply, whatever.....

just looking for some input from people with experience. i haven't ever bought a rear end before, so i'm not sure exactly where to go or what to do....

thanks
Old 07-20-2007, 05:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exotic Performance Plus, Bob the owner is on here in the rearend section all the time. If you want to keep ABS & traction control I think you have to get a 12 bolt. Nine inch has a better torque arm mount, 12 bolts you have to check the torque arm bolts on the housing every so often. I put new bolts in a Loctited and torqued the **** out of mine and I haven't had a problem since. I have a Moser 12 bolt with 4.11 Prostreet gears, 33 spline axles, HD eaton posi, 1350 yoke, T/A cover with stud girdle and had it installed at EPP, and I am very happy, money well spent. I have about 35,000 miles on mine but I don't beat the crap out of it all the time.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:48 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Exclamation

A better section to ask this question is the >>>Gears & Axles<<<

As far as prices, do a little searching for yourself, sponor list is right there --->

Its not that hard to look a few of them up and makes some calls, PM's, e-mail's.......etc

I've seen a few different brands of 12-bolts and 9" rear ends and they all were fine. People that have brand "X" will stick to their guns and bitch about other brands when they really have no clue. You really can't go wrong with any brand that our sponsors have to offer.

Make some calls --->

Peace,
Craig.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Veteran

you can have a 9" with 4 channel ABS, you dont need a 12 bolt for your ABS. we do since we have 3 channel.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CRAGER
A better section to ask this question is the >>>Gears & Axles<<<

As far as prices, do a little searching for yourself, sponor list is right there --->

Its not that hard to look a few of them up and makes some calls, PM's, e-mail's.......etc

I've seen a few different brands of 12-bolts and 9" rear ends and they all were fine. People that have brand "X" will stick to their guns and bitch about other brands when they really have no clue. You really can't go wrong with any brand that our sponsors have to offer.

Make some calls --->

Peace,
Craig.

i DID search and i DID post in the gears/axles section, but i should have said something in this post about that. it wasn't getting much attention there. i was just curious if there was a sale i didn't know about or somebody that tended to beat all others.

exotic performance (as stated above) was one sponsor i did NOT think to check....so i'll do that....

thanks fellas