General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

oil pressure gauge schematic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil pressure gauge schematic?

1999 camaro oil pressure gauge is pegged everytiime i turn the key on. i have verified the oil pressure with a mech. gauge. If i touch the oil pressure gauge wire to ground it zeros the gauge out untill you remove the ground. does anyone have any ideas? or a schematic for that circuit?

thanks
Scott
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 PM
9 Second Club

also all other gauges seam to work fine.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Here is something from Service Manual. I can't seem to find any oil gauge electrical schematics.
"Engine Oil Pressure Gauge Always High V8 VIN G"
Attached Thumbnails oil pressure gauge schematic?-steps1.jpg  
Old 05-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Well after a lot of tinkering my gauge is working again and the car gets to go back on the road. Thanks to all those who helped me I appricate all your input without all of you is still be scratching my head with the car in the driveway.
Just to let those who might look at this later on know how to fix this problem I'll try to explain what I ended up doing ...

Remove dash cluster , I didn't have to lower the steering column to get it out but it requires some playing around to free. Try to tilt top of cluster back and pull the bottom of it over the key and tilt lever. I found if you pull the tilt and hold wheel down with knees it gives you an extra little bit of room. With the cluster out the pigtail is all that's behind . To get that out depress the grey clip to left and slide the the whole piece to the right only slightly. There Are two gray clips holding the black harness onto the light gray retention clip. They are located on left side and will need to be pushed back for black pigtail to be released. The oil pressure wire is tan wire b14. Now what I did was buy a new oil pressure sensor plug with the single wire and ran my own wire entirely . The plug is tough to get to if you have larger hands as stated somwhere else the throttle cable support braket is in the way and is held on by if I recall correctly an 11mm bolt. After that is removed I pretty much had to lay on the air cleaner box put both hands under the shroud and with one hand release the clip and the other pull the plug out. Reinstalled aftermarket plug , ran new wire straight to back of pigtail and I'm reading oil pressure again . I read bits and pieces of how to do this across the forum , so I hope y'all don't mind me trying to write up my own , maybe somone will find it usefull.
Again thanks everyone , God bless and hope to see you all on the road !

Quick Reply: oil pressure gauge schematic?