General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Will a c6 vette feel and be faster than my 98 A4 Z with mods in sig?
Yes the c6 will be and feel much faster than your f-bod
67.47%
No the c6 will feel about the same than your f-bod
4.82%
Yes the c6 will feel a tad quicker than your f-bod
27.71%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

How much quicker is an ls2 vette compared to Z28

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread has quickly gone down the crapper.
Of course the Vette is faster-this is not breaking news. The question is "Will a c6 vette feel and be faster than my 98 A4 Z with mods in sig?" Unfortunately, once you add the word "feel" it becomes a difficult question to answer. How something "feels" is all a matter of opinion, and is affected by many factors (the way you sit in the car, the way the car sounds, how the car hooks up, ect.). If I had to answer the question honestly, I would say that the Vette would probably feel a little quicker, but not enough to blow your mind or anything.

Also, you have to realize that there is more to driving a Vette than just the way it feels when you accellerate. The Biggest things you will notice will be the fit and finish of the Vette; It will handle better and feel much more refined than the F-body. This, in my opinion, is the main reason to get a Vette.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
I'm sorry, but I don't waste my time reading long worthless threads by a biased little *****.
He didn't start the thread, dumbass.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeG

WAH? No **** douchie. I was talking about all the other threads he has posted in and rants on and on, and can never take a hint for when he is beat. Continuing an argument is different from winning it.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DANOZ28
well, its about cash $$$ . can you buy a camaro or bird and with mods for say 20k go as fast as a stock 45 - 50k vette? i'll let you decide!

I knew this statement would eventually come out. All my friends say this to me all the time but I try to explain it to them like this.

It's like having a small dick. I can buy a ***** extension, tear up the box with it but when I get home, I still have a small dick.

I'm just joking around before someone brings out the internet muscles.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DANOZ28
well, its about cash $$$ . can you buy a camaro or bird and with mods for say 20k go as fast as a stock 45 - 50k vette? i'll let you decide!
Originally Posted by ptime54
I knew this statement would eventually come out. All my friends say this to me all the time but I try to explain it to them like this.

It's like having a small dick. I can buy a ***** extension, tear up the box with it but when I get home, I still have a small dick.

I'm just joking around before someone brings out the internet muscles.
With enough time and money, I could probably get my lawntractor to run with a C6 on the dragstrip. That doesn't make my lawntractor as nice or as cool as a 'Vette, tho.
There are more to these cars than just straight-line speed.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeG
WOW GOOD CALL MIKE!
Old 07-26-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
you're absolutely ridiculous. he has an M6 car, that's a high 12 second/low 13 second car stock. he has full exhaust. that means his car is capable of running a mid 12 second pass. the fastest C6 ever ran a 12.2 according to a pervious poster. we're talking about a .2-.3 second difference in ET's, and you're saying that the C6 is going to be a lot faster? you'll barely feel a difference.

from your opinion, it's obvious that you have no concept of speed. it's all in your mind. the vette will hardly BE any faster. if anything, the vette will feel faster because of the way you sit in it compared to the f-body. don't be an ***. i have the slowest LS1 f-body made and it throws you back in your seat if you're in its powerband

you run 13.60's, I would straight up rape your car and a vette would make it look even worse , and yours is an A4 my car will feel much faster than yours and the thread says FEEL faster and yes the vette will FEEL much faster.....and in the 1/4 mile it may only beat it by .5 sec(which is more than 1-2 car lengths btw) but after that the faster you go the vette will just pull and pull and pull and pull, a bolt on F-body is not in the same territory as a C6, especially from a roll.......also b/c you are posting more BS I will tell you right now '05 vettes have an A4, the A6 came out in '06

FYI if you stop posting BS about stuff which you have no experience with then everyone will stop jumping all over you.....
Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
I'm sorry, but I don't waste my time reading long worthless threads by a biased little *****.
that explains your bad grammar since you never reread your own posts.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 01FormulaTA
you run 13.60's, I would straight up rape your car and a vette would make it look even worse , and yours is an A4 my car will feel much faster than yours and the thread says FEEL faster and yes the vette will FEEL much faster.....and in the 1/4 mile it may only beat it by .5 sec(which is more than 1-2 car lengths btw) but after that the faster you go the vette will just pull and pull and pull and pull, a bolt on F-body is not in the same territory as a C6, especially from a roll.......also b/c you are posting more BS I will tell you right now '05 vettes have an A4, the A6 came out in '06

FYI if you stop posting BS about stuff which you have no experience with then everyone will stop jumping all over you.....
how is this relevant to ANYTHING in this thread? how is my car's ET relevant to the speed of a stock C6? how is my car's ET relevant to the FACT that a stock C6 isn't a lot faster than his car?

i couldn't give two ***** how much faster your car is than mine. know why? because when i ran it, i didn't drop a single penny into it. i have a total of $400 in mods to my car. why? because i have a bank account with plenty of money in it. i have better things to spend my money on than **** it away on my car. when i want to be a brokeass redneck with a fast car, no money and no teeth, then i'll give you a call for a race since we'll be even competition. i don't feel the need to say "i have a faster car than your stock car" because i actually have other outlets for my paycheck other than dumping it into my car to give my shitty life meaning. have fun.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

that explains your bad grammar since you never reread your own posts.
how is this relevant to ANYTHING in this thread?
?????

The dude said you ran a 13.6, hinting that your car is slow... yeah, that is a personal attack but at least it's based on provided information from your sig.

You come back with "you're a broke redneck with no teeth" ???
Old 07-27-2007, 05:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a broke redneck, but, I do have teeth ...j/k. I've raced 2 C6 Z06's and had no problems beating them, but, it doesn't take much to get more power from them. I have heard thant a little intake adjustment throws 15-20 to the wheels. I haven't ran up against a H/C C6 Z06 yet. When I do, I'll need some spraying to beat 'em. Do the 'vette. And when you see the TA in my avatar coming up behind you, you might wanna' move over and just let me pass ... especially if your girlfriend is with you. Chocks don't like cocky 'vette owners who get their *** handed to them by a cheap lil Trans Am.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chocotaco, if you are not interested in modding your car, let me refresh your memory that this is a place where most discuss modifications. Why the hell are you a member if that is the case??

To the thread starter... sorry man, i hope you can get the info you need from the poll, seems to be there are alot of people posting who have ABSOLUTELY no experience with the C6.

Last edited by SLawson86; 07-27-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLawson86
Chocotaco, if you are not interested in modding your car, let me refresh your memory that this is a place where most discuss modifications. Why the hell are you a member if that is the case??

To the thread starter... sorry man, i hope you can get the info you need from the poll, seems to be there are alot of people posting who have ABSOLUTELY no experience with the C6.

X2 Chaco, if you are not interested in modding ur car then why dont you take yourself along with your slow *** car somewhere else, no one appreciates all the bullshit you type out and all the stuff you make up....and it is funny how you mention you have other stuff to spend your money on b/c I dont think you have any friends or do anything else period, I mean you have like 4000 posts and you have only been on here a year....can you say faggggggggg
Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With my mods I have taken two (I think stock) C6 by at least 2 car lengths. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against C6 just posting from experince (+ the fact that one of the little ***** driving the C6 had the nerve to say to me at the light quote "you car sound all bark no bite". HOW GAY CAN YOU GET).

01formulata

and as far as choco is concerned, he has done a hell of alot more for this sight than 01formulata. You should remember there is always someone faster. I could always just rape your car!

Last edited by tasilver; 07-27-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:58 AM
11 Second Club

you run 13.60's, I would straight up rape your car
I don't know if that is the way I would describe your race with him from what you have listed. And calling someone names over the internet makes you look pretty badass...

And when did someone have to put a lot of money into aftermarket parts to be worthy of coming to this site. I know plenty of pick-a-part guys that would beat the average guy silly with knowledge on cars.

I think the C6 is an amazing car, but the late gen F-bodies are also. It mostly depends on what you want from the car and what you are going to do to the car. If it will be modded a lot I'd pick an F-bod for the cost, but if it will be close to stock then the 'vette will be a better choice.

The 'vette will feel a bit faster but nothing insane. Look at money and your goals to decide on what you want.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LrngCrv
I don't know if that is the way I would describe your race with him from what you have listed. And calling someone names over the internet makes you look pretty badass...

not saying I have the fastest car in the world but I do run close to a second quicker than him NA and the sig is old, I also have a 100 shot so it would be pretty bad
Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Completely different car. I have owned 11 F-Bodies and I'm dying to upgrade. I rented a 07 A4 droptop vette in Florida and I fell in love. It was very comfortable and yes it felt a little quicker than my a4 98 TA. For those that said the difference is handling,your wrong. In a Vette you feel like/know you are in a world class sports car.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
?????

The dude said you ran a 13.6, hinting that your car is slow... yeah, that is a personal attack but at least it's based on provided information from your sig.

You come back with "you're a broke redneck with no teeth" ???
umm..what does my ET have to do with a stock corvette vs. the OP's car? you failed to point that out, since that was the question at hand.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by SLawson86

there's a difference between modding your car and being stupid with your car. there's nothing wrong with modding it, but places like this are a bastion for stupidity. someone with a fast car and 2 mortgages because of it is not so cool. i don't really care if most people on this site have a faster car than me. i own my car, unlike a lot of people on this site. a lot of people are still making payments on these cars, and they're having trouble making them because they're dumping so much money into making them marginally faster. an 11 second daily driver is not practical. my car is a work car. it spent all last week parked on the side of the road in the dirt while a road got milled and paved. guess what? it was by far the fastest car there, and faster than every car i saw that passed by while i was paving the road.

so do you own your car? i do. in fact, i paid cash. not too bad for only being 19 when i bought it (i'm 21 now).
Old 07-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Resident

X2 Chaco, if you are not interested in modding ur car then why dont you take yourself along with your slow *** car somewhere else, no one appreciates all the bullshit you type out and all the stuff you make up....and it is funny how you mention you have other stuff to spend your money on b/c I dont think you have any friends or do anything else period, I mean you have like 4000 posts and you have only been on here a year....can you say faggggggggg
well, unlike you who is only on the site to cause trouble, i actually enjoy helping people. i have a PM box full of people i try and help, and i've helped hundreds of people in my year and a half and 3,000 posts. not exactly 1 year and 4,000 posts eh? my post per day isn't all that much higher than yours.

your opinion is noted, but not taken seriously. i have gotten hundreds of "thank you's" from people on this site. i may have to deal with pretentious douchebags like you that think people like them when no one really does every now and then, but it's worth it. i'll cut through the bullshit to help someone if need be.

i guess what i'm saying is, if i stopped coming on tech, people would notice unlike you