General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Screwed By The Va Dmv!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Good news bro! Congrats
Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default title

i would have said screw it and drove it without current tags a least its insured
Old 08-06-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

There is always another person, an upper level, someone to keep at, until you get resolution. I'm glad you kept trying.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let me know if it don't work and you decide to sell.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I still sneak it out and drive around for beer runs and ice for the boat (it has been hot as hell in VA the past few days). The reason I can not just drive around all the time is my tags are expired. Guess the only thing to do till I can drive the car is mod the hell out of it (head and cam package ).
Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice man!! Thats great news! Glad you didnt just give in to those goofballs.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tasilver
...According to VA law I am only aloud to sell parts not the whole thing...
sell all the 'parts' as a 'package' for one 'lump sum', and then give the DMV a big **** YOU!!!

i mean you cant help it if all the 'parts' you are selling help to make a complete car in some fashion, shape or form, now can you?

actually glad to hear that things will work out for you...
Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Launching!

I have felt your pains bro. Im in the military and kept my Ky residence. Just because of stupid **** like this that VA in general pulls, especially the dmv. I simply had to show them proof of address saying that im living and serving in Va to register the Z28. simple huh? **** no, these quivering **** muscles had me wait for hours to only shoot down all evidence I brought (about 6 peices) only needed like 2. They went out of there way for this shooting. im glad to hear your insurance stepped up finally. way to hang in there!! Oh, and the only way to get ******* attention anymore is to file suit, that part is easy. i hope you dont have to go that far.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well its been a long shitty road but today the DMV finally made my car legal. My title is listed as salvage/water damage. Guess thats kills the resale of my car but I don't care. Now I can get my ws9 hood painted and order my AFR heads and cam. I just ordered my LS6 intake and may even order my C6 rims tonight, but I will prob wait until after the car is painted. Man I have months of mods to catch up on. Thanks to all for the post and support.

Keep an eye out for my threads over next few months, I have alot instore for my TA now that I know it is good to go.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you got all that worked out. Seriously, I think VA must be the worst place to be a driver. Crap like this, ******* cops, illegal radar detectors, huge bills from the state for speeding tickets, etc. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that ****.

Enjoy your TA!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i hate the DMV its like dealing with a bunch of ****'s.... I had a problem keeping flags from appearing on my license when I changed insurance companies.... I had no point without coverage and paperwork proving it from both companies, yet the DMV said I did so I had to pay its $350 fine... then it happened again 3 months later and I never changed insurance companies. It's just stupid if you ask me The DMV is God in there Opinion

oh i forgot to mention my buddy had can't get a license without putting a Breathilizer in his car, because he was givin a blood alcohol test and he didnt even fail it... now that is screwed

Last edited by BaddillaK; 10-10-2007 at 02:07 PM. Reason: more info
Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Launching!

i'm glad to see everything is going your way.. i'm not suprised to hear that va tried giving someone the hose down.. i live in hampton and it's dog eat dog here, i cant wait till i see the place in my rear view for the last time.. sorry just had to vent a little.. glad to hear everything worked out
Old 10-10-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bought my bike back from insurance after it was totalled. Renewed my tags somewhere around the buying back process. After hearin this, I wonder if I will have problems renewin in 2 years...hmmm......
Old 10-11-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Awsome dude! Glad to hear you got it on the road. I haven't had many bad experiences living in Va for last 11 years. My dad has 1 ticket and who gives a **** if radar detectors are illegal, there's a reason for it. I have been pulled over once for driving like a dumbass and givin a warning and let go. Granted there are some A-hole cops here but I'm pretty sure every state has some of those.

Quick Reply: Screwed By The Va Dmv!!