General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Normal for car to be unbarable without AC on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I felt the same way before I installed my viper alarm with remote starter, by the time I get in the car is cold enough. And I also have 5% tint on my t-tops
Old 08-06-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in NJ and i hate the heat but I never use the air. My TA has grey leather and is my Daily driver. It get hots and i never use the air. My SS has grey cloth and the AC needs to be recharged but never used it. I think the only way i would use it if its over 100 degrees and humid
Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKDZ28
I do agree that t-tops make the car much hotter.

I live in the south and it gets hot. I still never used the A/C though. Don't ask me why, I just never do... regardless. I must just have a high tolerance against all types of weather.

When I was 15 my first car was a 1993 Camaro Z28. Started driving the car when I turned 16. The cars A/C did not work at all, nor did the heater. Never cared enough to get it check out at the time. Come to find out, the heater core was clogged and the A/C just needed recharging. Even after it was fixed I still never used it because I was used to not having it.

The car was a black hardtop with cloth interior. I would just tough it out and you eventually get used to it. One time I remember above them all is when I used to mow grass at a local factory. It was around 100 degrees and humid. I worked all day and left my windows up. After I finished the job, I jumped in the car and it was seriously so f'n hot. But I made it

Winters were nearly as bad as the summers though. I did all this for about 4 or 5 years while the car was my only means of transportation.

Now my red car.... either my tolerances are lower now, or the t-tops make that much difference in the heat. I know when I jump in the thing its really hot.

I guess it all boils down to how much you can take. But ... yeah, fbodies are hot!!
did the sam exact thing in my first 93, have a 99 now and never even use the ac, im to used to not having it