General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Where does everyone buy replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always get GM GoodWrench replacement parts, even though I pay outta the *** I paid 91.81 for a new 02 sensor.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

i work for a acdelco dist.i can get ac delcos o2s for about 44.00 each.i will see if they mind if i buy a case or so of them and pass the savings on to the forum.casue i have that p1153 code code in my swap.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:36 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by KameleonTransAm
Hmm...its just I've read argument over the quality of those and I went through HELL trying to get extensions (which would all be a waste if I got Bosch). So I'm not completely throwing out that idea, but I'd like to know where people get their stock replacements.
I'm afraid everyone is missing the point....I have already paid roughly $65 for O2 extensions and now you are saying I should just buy the Bosch and throw away that money. I DO NOT want to do that, so if anyone has experience with buying normal, stock replacements please let me know.
I must really be missing something here....

You went through hell to get O2 extensions...... and paid $65? Did you need 4 of them? Personally I would just delete the rears, so you shouldn't need more than 2.

You can get those from Speed Inc for $18. So what was the issue there? $18 x 2 = $36 + a simple on-line order. Why was it so hard to get them?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:27 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

After your long tube header install, did you reinstall catalytic converters? If you didn't, you're going to throw codes. Just get 02 Simulators and be done with it.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, this thread is WAY back from the dead....funny memories.

RPM WS6: The whole hell process if I recall correctly is that I did indeed pay the $36 for the two from WS6 Store, but unfortunately a higher power had a funny sense of humor. One was lost in a torrential downpour and run over multiple times by the time I found it. Then being the genius I am, I ordered from a different sponsor here in hopes of getting the replacement sooner because they're location was in FL. Well, didn't work that way. Turns out their parts do not come from FL at all and not to mention the fact I paid the same amount that I paid for two that I paid for the single replacement. So, I felt pretty screwed by that and needless to say, I now have the utmost respect for WS6 Store, great sponsor, and wouldn't use anyone else unless I had to. They shipped out the original two very quickly and were relatively cheap, the other sponsor I'll leave unnamed.

Y2K_TA: My car actually never threw codes for the rear O2s after my longtube header install with ORY......I honestly have no idea why but there is definitely just normal, stock, O2 sensors in the rear. I've pulled them out and looked.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:37 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Wow, this thread is WAY back from the dead....funny memories.
Damn, I hadn't even noticed how old this thread was.

I understand what you mean by "hell" now. I've had some issues like that getting simple parts too.