General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: LS1 Car Round II
GTO
12.38%
Corvette (I'm leaning this way)
68.57%
F-body
19.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

She's basically gone..

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
An '02 CE would be a nice change from a '98 T/A? LOL. That silly. It's the same car with different color paint and a different hood. Not any type of change at all IMO.
ls6 intake,zo6 clutch,better ecu,improved oiling, and its a limited edition model
Old 08-18-2007, 11:59 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
ls6 intake,zo6 clutch,better ecu,improved oiling, and its a limited edition model
And this makes it a completely different car how? Those are minor details.

He's probably already got an LS6 intake on the '98, ZO6 clutch would only apply if you were comparaing a 6-speed to a 6-speed (current car is an auto), PCM differences are basically meaningless unless you plan to go forced induction, and slightly improved oiling is no reason to sell a '98 and buy an '02. As for limited edition, plenty of people would much rather have an NBM car over that nasty dull yellow color of the CETA.

OP has already mentioned that he's looking for a change [of platform]. Going '98 T/A to '02 CETA is not really a change at all.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
And this makes it a completely different car how? Those are minor details.

He's probably already got an LS6 intake on the '98, ZO6 clutch would only apply if you were comparaing a 6-speed to a 6-speed (current car is an auto), PCM differences are basically meaningless unless you plan to go forced induction, and slightly improved oiling is no reason to sell a '98 and buy an '02. As for limited edition, plenty of people would much rather have an NBM car over that nasty dull yellow color of the CETA.

OP has already mentioned that he's looking for a change [of platform]. Going '98 T/A to '02 CETA is not really a change at all.
then one could argue, it wouldnt make sense getting a c5 corvette since your also getting the same motor and tranny but in a lighter car with RIS
Old 08-19-2007, 02:39 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
then one could argue, it wouldnt make sense getting a c5 corvette since your also getting the same motor and tranny but in a lighter car with RIS

That arguement makes no sense.

C5 = Y-body

Trans Am = F-body

Two entirely different cars, on two entirely different platforms. Sharing an engine and/or trans doesn't make two cars the same. Being built on the same platform, using the same interior & exterior demensions and design, the same wheel base, same suspension/chassis/brakes configuration, and the same appearance (minus color, hood, & wheels), in addition to having the same engine & trans DOES make two cars the same.

I honestly can't figure how anyone could possibily think that going from a '98 NBM T/A to a CETA would be any sort of significant change of pace. Just repaint the '98 if that was the case, since the only significant difference is the color.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I most likely won't be getting another F-body, at least not for a permanent car. I might buy one to hold me over for the winter if I can buy it right and save enough for a C5. I'm with you guys though, C5 will most likely be the next ride, I don't like CETA's too much, if I were to get a Special Edition it would be a 30th.

I love the car, and RPM WS6 you're right on most of the details pointed out, I mean it doesn't even have the 98' shortblock in it, it has an 02 w/LS6 intake and H/C.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

I hate to see you sell your car because it is one of a kind. I bet u will miss it.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats sucks man, i would never sell my car...