General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car salesmen...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
WTF? He was right. They quite literally did swap it from the Corvette, to the Camaro. They redesigned some minor parts that needed to be, but the engine and everything influencing power output is the same. He wasn't lying to you. For all practical purposes, the engines are the same. There is no part on either that will affect how one performs over the other.

You act as if he doesn't know what he's talking about. And maybe he doesn't. But the one circumstance you gave us, he was factually correct on. You're the idiot here.
OMG! Are you kidding me! you know what I'm talking about... Actually taking the engine right from a corvette and placing it in a Camaro. AKA ENGINE SWAP! Thats what I asked him.. Not if the LS1 was in the corvettes before they were put into the Camaros.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

I guess I got lucky today. I went to the dealership to talk money about the 02z I am looking at, and the salesman who has been trying to sell me the car wasn't there. So a different sales guy was helping me out, took the car out for a spin, and than about 6 miles from the stealership he asked me if he could drive it a little. He got on the car pretty good, and needless to say I was a little impressed by his knowledge of ls1's. Got back to the stealership, and he pulls a photo album out from his desk, with a bunch of pics of his 01 nbm camaro ss that he had sold ~2 years ago. He was great, and actually taught me some stuff about the car, and he didn't bs anything. He even pointed out that the car had the skip shift eliminator, and acknowledged that I should probably swap out the flowmaster if I was serious about performance. Before I had left, he had even produced an 11.6x timeslip on a head/cam car.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Mad about what? HE DIDN'T LIE TO YOU.

So he comes on LS1Tech and asks, "Does a 35th anniv SS have the same engine as a Corvette in it?" We all say yes, because they do. Or he asks someone else who knows, WTF DOES IT MATTER? The engines are the same. You didn't ask him about the Z28s, so WTF does that have to do with anything? I guarantee you he doesn't give a f*ck about the $10,000 Z28 when you're looking at the $22,000 SS. He wants to make commission off a $22,000 car, not a $10,000 car. That isn't lying to you. That's you being a moron.
Just shut up.. Your giving me a friggen head ache. You think you know everything.. I was testing the guy to see if I could believe anything else that I may not know about the car is actually true. If he would have said "No" this car came from the factory like this, Then I could believe things that he says.. But when you lie, it becomes hard to. I dont care about his commision.. Do you like being lied to? I'm pretty sure you dont.. and neither do I... I didnt have time to ask him about the Z28s because I left.. I was getting at that hes seen other LS1s in camaros, and he couldnt have possibly thought that those engines were swapped out too. There you go Mr. Know it all.. Thats how those 2 Z28s tie into this story.

And when did I ask the people of LS1 tech... "Does a 35th anniv SS have the same engine as a Corvette in it?" ..

Why would I ask that question.. I know that they are basically the same thing.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by like the view?
I guess I got lucky today. I went to the dealership to talk money about the 02z I am looking at, and the salesman who has been trying to sell me the car wasn't there. So a different sales guy was helping me out, took the car out for a spin, and than about 6 miles from the stealership he asked me if he could drive it a little. He got on the car pretty good, and needless to say I was a little impressed by his knowledge of ls1's. Got back to the stealership, and he pulls a photo album out from his desk, with a bunch of pics of his 01 nbm camaro ss that he had sold ~2 years ago. He was great, and actually taught me some stuff about the car, and he didn't bs anything. He even pointed out that the car had the skip shift eliminator, and acknowledged that I should probably swap out the flowmaster if I was serious about performance. Before I had left, he had even produced an 11.6x timeslip on a head/cam car.
Sounds like a fun day
Old 08-21-2007, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro9495
Just shut up.. Your giving me a friggen head ache. You think you know everything.. I was testing the guy to see if I could believe anything else that I may not know about the car is actually true. If he would have said "No" this car came from the factory like this, Then I could believe things that he says.. But when you lie, it becomes hard to. I dont care about his commision.. Do you like being lied to? I'm pretty sure you dont.. and neither do I... I didnt have time to ask him about the Z28s because I left.. I was getting at that hes seen other LS1s in camaros, and he couldnt have possibly thought that those engines were swapped out too. There you go Mr. Know it all.. Thats how those 2 Z28s tie into this story.

And when did I ask the people of LS1 tech... "Does a 35th anniv SS have the same engine as a Corvette in it?" ..

Yay another pointless thread on a TECH forum
Old 08-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Banned

OMG! Are you kidding me! you know what I'm talking about... Actually taking the engine right from a corvette and placing it in a Camaro. AKA ENGINE SWAP! Thats what I asked him.. Not if the LS1 was in the corvettes before they were put into the Camaros.
No, I don't know what you're talking about actually. GM had a plant producing LS1 engines, slated for the Corvette. They then take these engines, and put them into Camaros. That is exactly what you asked the salesmen, and exactly what he told you.

God should be ashamed of himself, if reading gives you a headache. And you're not even comprehending the words.

You didn't ask him if the car came from the factory like this. He said it has a Corvette engine in it. It does. You said, so they took the engine out of the Corvette, and put it into a Camaro. He says yes. That's perfectly acceptable, and a correct answer. While they didn't literally take the engine out of a Corvette, they took an engine slated for a Corvette. Same f*cking difference. Except one has never been run, the other has.

Let me make this really big for you, but don't just read it, also comprehend it. That means understanding the meaning of the words.

HE DID NOT LIE TO YOU.

And if you had read correctly, I never said that you asked us that. I said, and I quote, "So he comes on LS1Tech and asks, "Does a 35th anniv SS have the same engine as a Corvette in it?"" Do you realize that 'he' is NOT you? He is the salesmen. Not you, because you aren't the salesmen. HE is. Your Mom smoked too much crack after getting knocked up. It was an example, after you said he could've asked, my point was that he would have gotten the same answer that he gave to you, which was perfectly correct.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

I just don't see the point in crucifying the salesman. His job isn't to know the cars, especially used cars. His job is to sell them. He isn't there to educate you on the car, and quite frankly I don't go to a dealership to test the salesperson's integrity. More often than not, they really don't know more than the basics about a car.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

No, I don't know what you're talking about actually. GM had a plant producing LS1 engines, slated for the Corvette. They then take these engines, and put them into Camaros. That is exactly what you asked the salesmen, and exactly what he told you.

God should be ashamed of himself, if reading gives you a headache. And you're not even comprehending the words.

You didn't ask him if the car came from the factory like this. He said it has a Corvette engine in it. It does. You said, so they took the engine out of the Corvette, and put it into a Camaro. He says yes. That's perfectly acceptable, and a correct answer. While they didn't literally take the engine out of a Corvette, they took an engine slated for a Corvette. Same f*cking difference. Except one has never been run, the other has.

Let me make this really big for you, but don't just read it, also comprehend it. That means understanding the meaning of the words.

HE DID NOT LIE TO YOU.

And if you had read correctly, I never said that you asked us that. I said, and I quote, "So he comes on LS1Tech and asks, "Does a 35th anniv SS have the same engine as a Corvette in it?"" Do you realize that 'he' is NOT you? He is the salesmen. Not you, because you aren't the salesmen. HE is. Your Mom smoked too much crack after getting knocked up. It was an example, after you said he could've asked, my point was that he would have gotten the same answer that he gave to you, which was perfectly correct.
READ THE GOD DAMN POST! Your a friggen idiot! I TOOK THAT QUOTE FROM SOMETHING THAT YOU SAID! I QUOTED THAT FROM YOU! Read what you said on the bottom of page 1. lets talk about eachothers moms.. because thats the mature thing to do. for about the 40th time.. I ASKED IF THEY SWAPPED THE ENGINE FROM A CORVETTE to that camaro.. not if the Camaro and Corvette engines were the same.

AND yes, He did lie to me because that was the factory motor and not out of a corvette!

Talking to you is seriously like talking to a friggen wall.. Your soo stuborn.. You realize that I am in fact correct.. so now your trying to save your ***. This is what I would like you to do.. READ MY ORIGINAL POST! Because it seems like me and you are reading 2 completely different things.. And I dont know what your reading.. So make it easy and read from this post.

Last edited by Camaro9495; 08-21-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow.. um what can i say this thread is pretty amusing. Ya, he probably should of just said it had an LS1 had he known what a fanatic you are about these cars. The line he used probably works pretty good on most other customers i would think. cheers.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i agree with FieroZ34 here. NO point in being an *** to the sales guy. There's no point. regardless of wether you asked him if someone SPECIFICALLY pulled the motor out of a Vette and put it in that SS he WAS NOT WRONG in his answer. He VERY well could have misunderstood what you said or thought you meant what all the others here have said about it being an Corvette motor. In which case he wasn't wrong, he just misunderstood. In which case you were an dumbass in tearing outta the lot and making him feel like ****, like he was wrong. Also the fact it has Corvette engine covers kinda will throw him off too if he doesn't know a whole lot about them. Most sales guys, as stated before, don't know much about the cars they sell. He probably saw it had Corvette covers and thought it was the same motor. You need to seriously chill because he wasn't wrong in saying it's a Corvette motor, REGARDLESS of wether or not it was swapped. He VERY WELL could have thought you meant that it was a Vette motor and not a stock LS1 in a SS. You can't think he was lying to you on purpose when your question, the way it was worded, could have been taken in more ways then one. Have a beer and relax, you may have lost out on a nice, rare car especially a Anniversary Edition. ~Cole~
Old 08-21-2007, 03:28 AM
TECH Addict

That'd be like me going to buy my Vette and getting mad because the Sales guy said the car has a Camaro SS motor in it. It's MORONIC to get pissed when the motors are the same and he's not wrong. I'd just say, "yeah the LS1 is a GODLY motor"
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
"yeah the LS1 is a GODLY motor"
nice to see the mutany worked out for you
Old 08-21-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

it sounds like you went out looking for an arguement. Although he wasn't litterally correct. He was correct in some form. If you read articles on the ls1 fbodys..they usually say the ls1 was swapped from the vette to the fbody. Now that isn't an actual engine swap obviously... but its still a valid anwser. Plus, what the **** is that guy supposed to know? It had corvette valve covers. If you purchased a car and it had corvette valve covers and you knew nothing about cars..what would you assume?

the world is bigger than you and doesn't revolve around your knowledge. Way to be a jerk to some guy trying to make a living.

This reminds me of when the (S)(R)(T)(4) first came out and the salesman told me its twin turbo...atleast in that situation..I would have a reason to get mad if I bought the car and drove home and found it only had one turbo.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

aHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

this isnt fair. all you guys got the corvette engine and my cars only got the trans am enigne.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got the SS engine... not the Z-28 engine! HAH!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
nice to see the mutany worked out for you
i was being somewhat sarcastic. I still VERY MUCH SO, miss my Z28. I saw it the other day and got choked up
Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All he cares about is $$$$$$$, the engine could be out of a festiva for all he cares... if you knew about the cars why not use it to your advantage and say whats that piston slap noise or try to get a good deal...
Old 08-21-2007, 09:31 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangefun
the salesman I bought my ta from said this, "I don't know **** about this car", but can we make a deal on it, i own that car now.

That's an honest one. Most car salesmen, exspecially used car salesmen, have to try to sell a huge mix of makes and models. Unless the guy is an F-bod enthusiast, he ain't gonna know much about the car.

As 99.99% of LS1tech members know, the LS1 came out in the Corvette in 1997 and then in the F-body in 1998. Due to that fact plus the marketing appeal, salespeople have been trained to say "it has the Corvette engine". They may not even know why they are supposed to say that, but hey.. if it helps sell the car then they go for it. They also assume most potential buyers don't know much more than them.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should also probibly add in that he had those corvette engine cover things on there.. And thats why I asked him if he got this engine out of a corvette. This is a picture of my friends Camaro which his engine has those corevette things on there.

He probably really did have no idea then. He probably saw the word "Corvette" under the hood of a Camaro and assumed it was an engine swap...