General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car salesmen...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro9495
Did anyone read the original post here? Honestly.. It seriously sounds like you guys are reading another topic in another forum and just posting in here. now for about the 50th time.. I never asked him if the engines were the same.. I asked if the engine was swapped out of a vette and put into this camaro. Fiero is technically correct, but it really doesnt have too much to do with the same topic that i'm talking about.

I love how people are misinterpreting this though. I know that the vettes and Camaros both have the LS1s in them, So I didnt ask him if they did. I wanted to see what kind of answers I would get if I asked him a question. Yes, I probibly did know a lot more about the car than he did, but im 10,000% sure he knew exactly what motor the car had in it and he knew it was a factory engine and not literally swapped out of a corvette and placed into a camaro. But he said it was.. So that made me mad. imagine if I didnt know anything about the car (Which happens to a lot of people buying a car).. And hes lying to me and giving me false info. Then after i bought it, I learned that it was in fact a stock engine and there was in fact no engine swap. Look at it from that angle. Hes probibly going to walk all over the next person in line looking at it and is going to tell them the exact same thing knowing that he is lying to them with the engine swap. you can say what ever you want, but im not going to spend my money at a car dealership that lies to me or cant answer questions.

your dumb..there is a reason why none of us are getting it. its becasue you are wrong. If you bought the car not knowing that was the stock engien and came onto ls1tech. We would tell you that it is the stock engine..the same that is in a corvette. So therefore...it doesn't nmatter if it was swapped. You asked a confusing question becasue if someone asked me if a z28 had a vette motor..I would say yay...if they asked if it was swapped in, i would say kinda, but to keep it less technical..I would just say yes casue some people don't realize that engines go into several different cars.

please don't buy an fbody, your obviously an ******* and wouldn't be a welcomed edition to the lsx community.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
please don't buy an fbody, your obviously an ******* and wouldn't be a welcomed edition to the lsx community.

I could care less what he does. Just wait until he takes it in to have the plugs and wires changed and they don't even touch #7 and #8.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok guys let up on him already. mods should delete this waste of a thread. i agree on the whole thing of car salesmen suck. the guy obvesly asked the salesmen a stupid question and got a response he took the wrong way and handled it the wrong way. who cares.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chae

I could care less what he does. Just wait until he takes it in to have the plugs and wires changed and they don't even touch #7 and #8.

maybe they thought it was a 6 swapped from a grand national? lol
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
maybe they thought it was a 6 swapped from a grand national? lol

Just used that as another example of how dealers can be shady. I've heard of guys taking their cars in for plug/wire changes and they don't even touch the ones at the back of the block b/c they are hard to access.

Most salesmen don't know the specifics of what they're selling. I've been told time and time again they have the "Corvette" motor in them. Hell, I've been told they have an "LT1" in them once or twice as well. As long as you know what you're buying who really cares what the salesmen tries to impress upon you.

I just find it hilarious that you came on here posting about this. If you were serious about purchasing a $22,000 F-Body then you would probably have let the lack of knowledge slide and try to haggle on the price rather than storming off. Seems like you showed the salesman that you weren't serious about purchasing the car. I guess for his sake at least he didn't waste his time. As much as I hate car salesmen, I know that they are just trying to put bread on the table like the rest of the world.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

but maybe he'll cut u a good deal on it on the bright side alot of car salesmans dont know a thing about a particular car unless they look it up thats why lots of them always keep a wad of papers in there back pocket about what the cars on the lots have
Old 08-22-2007, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaro9495
I got into my car and spun my tires out of his lot and into the road.
This is the best part of the first post. As a car salesman, i kind of know what happens when we get a customer like this. we ALL have a good laugh. why, cuz we know that there is gonna be someone right after you to buy the car. losing business from a customer like you is almost a good thing. say you did buy the car, then maybe something goes wrong, you would be the type of guy that would stand right next to the mechanic telling him what he is doing wrong. you would forever be a skid mark in the dealers underpants. congratulations, they are all having a good laugh at your expense.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

When I was buying my 06 GTO, the salesman kept talking about how great those V6's were. I still walked out of the place with a brand new goat for $25,000.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Camaro9495]In about 3 more years i'm planning on starting a car dealership. QUOTE]

thats some of the funniest **** I have ever read.......as for me, im gonna open a new space exploration company to rival NASA
Old 08-24-2007, 02:43 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd like to open a strip club, myself. I'd call it: "Eff-Bodies," or something...

Last edited by myk; 08-24-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by myk
I'd like to open a strip club, myself. I'd call it: "Eff-Bodies," or something...
Old 08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Launching!

I WIPE MY OWN ***!! I WIPE MY OWN ***!!

Sorry....Lol...I've always wanted to randomly blurt out that line from Big Daddy! Anyways....Regardless who's right or wrong, and who knows their *** from a hole in the ground.....Even if the car had a GTO motor....Oh wait....it did....If it was a good deal, you shoulda bought the car. Good goin genius.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CLUBBER LANG
This is the best part of the first post. As a car salesman, i kind of know what happens when we get a customer like this. we ALL have a good laugh. why, cuz we know that there is gonna be someone right after you to buy the car. losing business from a customer like you is almost a good thing. say you did buy the car, then maybe something goes wrong, you would be the type of guy that would stand right next to the mechanic telling him what he is doing wrong. you would forever be a skid mark in the dealers underpants. congratulations, they are all having a good laugh at your expense.