General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Bought a Z06, now I don't like it...suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you think buyers remorse is bad, try a little SELLERS remorse. while in the navy i managed to get a '71 Challenger R/T (440 w/4spd) financed with $1500 down. the guy wanted $5k for it and we agreed to $6k financed. now this was in 1999 and i was about 20. the interior was gutted and it had some issues but it had no rust, NONE!. i blew the engine and got tired of dealing with all the little issues so i sold it back. now, in the days of Barret Jackson, how much do you all think that car would be worth? keep in mind, w/ about $7k worth of restoration on my part it would have been complete. KEEP THE VETTE DUDE!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Well That price is kinda high for a 01. I have seen 01 Z06's go for 27-28k with that mileage I would get out of it if I were you. I'm trying to sell my SS for the same reason. For $34-$35 you could get a nice used C6.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You overpaid on the Z06. You could have gotten an 04 Z16 for that price. Sory. Keep the car.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Theres no better feeling than havin a "new ride", but having ones thats paid off, not to mention its a modded ws6, i would prolly sell the vette NOW, maybe take a small hit, keep the ws6, finance a cheap but reliable ride, and build that ws6 into the most f*ckin outlandish turbo ls1. When you drive your beater to work every day, you'll be dreamin of a sunny sunday afternoon, to get that beast of a ws6 out the garage and go for a cruise. Bet you won't miss the c5 along ith the billz.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

The f-bods I have driven are like trucks in comparason to the y-body. Most that say they would rather have an f-bod, do so to cover the fact that they can't afford the vette, plain and simple. They must think we all just fell off the turnip truck. An f-bod over a Z06, I call BULLSHIT.
Robert
Old 09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Robert56
The f-bods I have driven are like trucks in comparason to the y-body. Most that say they would rather have an f-bod, do so to cover the fact that they can't afford the vette, plain and simple. They must think we all just fell off the turnip truck. An f-bod over a Z06, I call BULLSHIT.
Robert

I think what alot of people where tryin to say is they would rather have the paid off f-body, considering how much the payments would be a month. Its not alot of money to some but for people like myself it is. I would be content with a paid for fast car. The last thing i would want to do is jump into another 4 years of payments. You could make an already fast car that much faster with the payments you would spend on a c5 every month. Yeah a ws6 is no vette but is the vette $33,995 better? Nope
Old 09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LionsDen21$$
I think what alot of people where tryin to say is they would rather have the paid off f-body, considering how much the payments would be a month. Its not alot of money to some but for people like myself it is. I would be content with a paid for fast car. The last thing i would want to do is jump into another 4 years of payments. You could make an already fast car that much faster with the payments you would spend on a c5 every month. Yeah a ws6 is no vette but is the vette $33,995 better? Nope
Yea maybe so, however, you can get C5 vettes for 15/20k.
Robert
Old 09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

I'm with Robert on this one. Had Z28 all paid off, thought it was a great car (still have a warm fuzzy feeling every time I see one on the road). I was planning to drive it until it falls apart. Then I test drove a Z06, and didn't have a slightest hesitiation in my mind to take on another few years of car payments. It IS more of a car.

I value my fun higher than my money I suppose. Fbody's were always a deal of the century as far as what you get for your $$. However, "the 'vette premium" is worth every penny.

I do not think OP has a good chance to recoup $34k for 01 Z06, so might enjoy it for a few years just as well
Extended service plan on an 01 might not be such a bad idea, although at this point all the major issues should have been sorted out (i.e. oil burning)
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Veteran

I have my dream Z28 -- M6, white, white leather, Y3F. I would only get a Vette over it if it were a C5 (not ZO6 or FRC), black, RED or black leather, M6. That's my ultimate domestic dream car. Gah, I wish I had the money. But, if I bought a 18-20K car, I would never be able to mod it, so I wouldn't ever jump onto that ship.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dli1314
and it looks better as well....
Meh, opinion. I think a WS6 looks way better than ANY Corvette ever made. Much more agressive looking and eye catching. Too many people on this forum stick up for a Corvette simply because it's a Corvette. I don't think C5's are that great looking at all. C6's look really good, head and shoulders above a C5, but I'd take a WS6 over a Corvette any day in the looks department.
Robert
Believe it or not, not everyone likes Corvettes. By your logic, all these people driving imports, which are greatly outselling the American car market, are only doing so because they can't afford the gas and insurance to drive a Corvette

I like Corvettes, but they are WAY overrated on this forum. It's no more a car than an f-body. It's a slightly faster, slightly more solid, better handling f-body for nearly double the MSRP in a different styling package. Not everyone likes them.

I would never part with my Formy for a Corvette, the most vastly overrated car on LS1tech.

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 09-13-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Instead of modding it why don't you learn to drive it first. A stock car that you could beat your TA with once you get it figured out and no mods are needed (except the driver mod). Challenge yourself to get the car into the 11's (depending on where you live of course). Then you have the option of learning to drive on a road course. Then you will forget the TA. Otherwise, take the hit $$ wise and dump it. You will never be happy otherwise.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I considered a Camaro SS when I decided to get rid of my Cobra. At the end of the day it came down to for various reasons, including rarity I chose my Cobra over an F-body. So in my mind the Vette was the only choice...great handling..decent ride and much much better than a Mustang or F-body IMO. Plus the Corvette Wave and the attention you get!
Old 09-15-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Robert
Don't get me wrong, I love C5 vettes, but there is just something about having a car that you can mod the **** out of and people not EXPECT to be as fast. Plus, for the majority on this site it's about going fast, so why pay more for a Y-body when you get the same engine for less....
Like I said, I love sloped roof C5's....but that's honestly about the only vettes I really like. C6's are a slight step down from them, although still nice looking IMO.
To each their own.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

people are asking way too much for a Z06 when an '07 C6 can be had brand new for about $41 with the Z51 option.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

zo6 haters ownedddddddd
Old 09-16-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GMmexican

zo6 haters ownedddddddd
WOW... thats sex on wheels right there, only way it could be better would be to have it in electric blue
Old 09-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Teching In

i hated the 2001 corvette i bought and gave it back now that i look back i should of keept the dam thing it was nice cheap 2001 with 32k for $19000 i hate my self everyday. but hey thats what i get for being stupid. you will love the zo6. i want one so bad. but dont have the cash for it. i hope you take care of the american icon and enjoy it. your now a pimp. how bad can life be.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Meh, opinion. I think a WS6 looks way better than ANY Corvette ever made. Much more agressive looking and eye catching. Too many people on this forum stick up for a Corvette simply because it's a Corvette. I don't think C5's are that great looking at all. C6's look really good, head and shoulders above a C5, but I'd take a WS6 over a Corvette any day in the looks department.

Believe it or not, not everyone likes Corvettes. By your logic, all these people driving imports, which are greatly outselling the American car market, are only doing so because they can't afford the gas and insurance to drive a Corvette

I like Corvettes, but they are WAY overrated on this forum. It's no more a car than an f-body. It's a slightly faster, slightly more solid, better handling f-body for nearly double the MSRP in a different styling package. Not everyone likes them.

I would never part with my Formy for a Corvette, the most vastly overrated car on LS1tech.
you have definitely never driven a C5Z. I used to think just like you ( vettes are just a faster better handling f-body) till I got behind the wheel of one. Its a totally diffrent ball game.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Corvetts the c5 vette in particular has a more sophisticated exotic look to it as it should be, its the pure american sports car not a muscle car. I love the ws6 design but formulas look like fugly v6's

Do a little research on auto insurance ive seen c5 vette car insurance go cheaper than a 4gen fbody. Since alot of insurance companys assume a corvette will be owned by a more older mature driver.

And as low as $10,000 for a c5 vette is not more than an f-body....heck ive seen f-bodys go for over $30,000.

corvette for sale

My first love is the f-body but I have to respect the heritage of the vetts, heck alot of parts and engines/tranny combos were originally on vetts before our cars......without the vette there would be no f-body since GM originally intended the f-body to be a cheaper vette alternative and competition for the mopars and the mustang...which it has lived up to
Old 10-17-2007, 04:09 AM
TECH Regular

ill take it lol!!