General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS1 SS Vs LS1 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRAGER
He will win, hands down!

C5 throttle body on your car will not work so he wins.

And I call BS about you, this thread, and your dyno numbers.

Peace,
Craig.
Good call there, this **** is in no way adding up.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by theycallmealex89
o haha i didnt even mention i have a thunder racing cam in it. 224 with a 112 lobe.
You guys missed that part.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find out what his mods are. If they are in fact minimal, you shouldn't have a problem. Buy a set of MT DRs and take his $500. Free set of drag radials for you with some money left to spare.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
lol it seems like everyone just reads the first post and responds...i have ran a few vettes in my car and i have beaten them and im in a heavy vert with subs and 18's so since you are cammed you better win
Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

If those are the only mods on the vette, you will beat him with a set of tires gaurenteed. I think if you start to spin you'll lose without tires. I'd say easy money
Old 09-03-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the vette is stock or close to it you should win without a problem. You have boltons a cam and gears so i'm sure you'll have him covered
Old 09-04-2007, 02:36 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
o haha i didnt even mention i have a thunder racing cam in it. 224 with a 112 lobe.
I did miss that, my bad. ....BUT, his numbers do not add up at all. A cam only (or more) M6 car will have less rwtq than rwhp. And his car should have ALOT more than 362rwhp. Hell my 01 T/A does NOT have headers or a 224cam and with my Borla closed off I made 360rwhp. I have lid, Borla (closed), and LS6 cam with a tune.

theycallmealex89 - Please make more sense next time you post, and lets get the facts straight on your mods and rwhp cause you are off with your numbers.
And how in the world do you have all these mods but have ZERO clue if you will take a stock(ish) C5??????

Peace,
Craig.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

how in the hell do u not know exactly what mods your own car has?? Even if it was bought modded u should know exactly whats done to it IMO. You sound like you have no damn clue about what your talking bout.

Im with "CRAGER" on calling BS cuz your numbers dont add up at all.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Launching!

Ive got a buddy here were i live who owns a vette shop and he just told me the other day that those c5's do 13.2's in the 1/4 mile..... and i trust him over anybody else
Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

the rule of thumb usually is that a mustang or camaro must have a good deal more hp than the vette. The vette is a light and aerodynamic car that pulls very hard at top speeds. In order to beat this guy you must be a good deal ahead of him at the 1/8 mile point.

good luck
Old 09-04-2007, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did miss that, my bad. ....BUT, his numbers do not add up at all. A cam only (or more) M6 car will have less rwtq than rwhp. And his car should have ALOT more than 362rwhp. Hell my 01 T/A does NOT have headers or a 224cam and with my Borla closed off I made 360rwhp. I have lid, Borla (closed), and LS6 cam with a tune.

theycallmealex89 - Please make more sense next time you post, and lets get the facts straight on your mods and rwhp cause you are off with your numbers.
And how in the world do you have all these mods but have ZERO clue if you will take a stock(ish) C5??????

Peace,
Craig.

ok, first off, the corvette tb comment, forget i made it, im a 17 year old pot head, i dont remember what the **** he said but he said something about a corvette something. its been a while. and yes, unfortunaty, those numbers are correct (at least to my knowlege as that's what i was told by previous owner). even with a cam. ask the guys at gmmg or vengance racing for specs on my car. i did. scince they have the dyno sheet. and idk ALL the mods to the car because i have not sat in my enging bay for hours yet. bought it with all the mods done to it already too. and i will call the guy who sold it to me and ask for a list of EVERYTHING. some of the problems of it being so down on power could be the fact it could pass emmissions in california with people from the clean air campain doing the test... all the cats, egrs, and 02 sensors are there and real and working.

and crager calling bullshit on me, this thread, and my dyno numbers...
well... your right. it is bullshit. i made the whole thing up to waste everyones time. i just wanted to see if hypothetically i had a camaro with the work listed would i be able to beat a c5 vette. you know, cause everyones goal in life is to just beat a stock c5. jackass. if its so obvious that i dont have a corvette throttle body on my car all you have to do is inform me, like "hey, is your car running?" and i would be like "yea". then you would be like " well then you dont have a corvette throttle body cause that would not work" and my response to that would have been, "o, tushay, you clever and knowledgable person, thanks for not being a jackass about it."

but thanks for everyone elses helpful opinions, ill check the prices on some slicks, cause i do have a noticable amount of tire spin with the streets, not that that isnt fun for the street lol.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:28 PM

Thumbs down

...im a 17 year old pot head, i dont remember what the **** he said but he said something about a corvette something...
......and I'm the jackass here???

Well since you wanted to start name calling I'll go ahead and give you a warning. We do not tolerate that crap here on LS1TECH.com.

And about 99.9999% of any questions you might have you can try the search button.

Thanks,
Craig.
LS1TECH.com Staff
Old 09-04-2007, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

i wouldn't call total bs on his dyno numbers...i know a person that has a similar sized cam and they only put down 360 to the wheels on a mustang dyno but they didn't put down that much torque. Maybe he has his torque and horsepower numbers criss crossed or something. Also not all dynos are the same and some cars just seem to dyno alot higher then others all that really matters is how it performs on the track.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
i wouldn't call total bs on his dyno numbers...i know a person that has a similar sized cam and they only put down 360 to the wheels on a mustang dyno but they didn't put down that much torque. Maybe he has his torque and horsepower numbers criss crossed or something. Also not all dynos are the same and some cars just seem to dyno alot higher then others all that really matters is how it performs on the track.
This guy has no clue what mods he even has, plus he has no clue what the real dyno numbers are. So he shouldn't be guessing them.

The rwtq should not be higher than the rwhp.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default wow

funny ****....... you know what i think..... i think no one on this site knows what they are talking about... my honda civic puts down like 600... 700 hundred horsepower...yea it was 700 i think... i got a tiburon gt cam and 1993 gmc sierra heads because that gives me more torque... hmmm haha lol ok... funny post though..
Old 09-04-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

this thread is now not helping anyone but only causing problems with two members i vote lock thread

ANYONE WITH ME!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

He will win, hands down!

C5 throttle body on your car will not work so he wins.

And I call BS about you, this thread, and your dyno numbers.

Peace,
Craig.
craig is right i call bs too. you will have to run low 13's to beat him if you even had an ls1 camaro ss. and you would know a corvette throttle body would be way to much work to fab up if you were a true ss owner.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why is everyone trying to put this guy down. This is exactly what they did to me. He might, indeed, not know too much about cars, but all he was asking was a simple question about a race, not if you guys believe his dyno numbers. If you think this is a stupid thread then don't waist your time on it and just click that "x" in the top right hand corner.

thank you,
michael
Old 09-05-2007, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

......and I'm the jackass here???

Well since you wanted to start name calling I'll go ahead and give you a warning. We do not tolerate that crap here on LS1TECH.com.

And about 99.9999% of any questions you might have you can try the search button.

Thanks,
Craig.
LS1TECH.com Staff
hi, im that .0001% obviously. i dought someone on here with the excact same stuff done to mine is wondering the same thing. and are you calling me a jackass for what? smoking the reefer and not remembering somehting he said? well. here's to clear that up. a corvette intake. slp ls6 intake. j. thunder racing 224/224-112 with comp valve springs, pushrod, and roller rockers. a. slp short throw. slp long tubes. c. its an slp exhaust with a muffler, not loudmouth but preloudmouth. k. random tech high flow cats. a. g2 underdrive pulleys. s. 4.11 gears with aluminum differential cover. s. and then the slp air box, and fast toys ram air. man. i just re-fell in love with my car... again.
and the updated specs.
358 rwhp and 355 rwtq.
your right about that thing.

Originally Posted by night ghost
If your car is indeed making that kind of power you should have no problem beating a stock c5. On the other hand if the vette does indeed have any mods, it would be a really close. If it were me racing the vette, I would definitely invest some money in some decent drag radials, for they will lower your times. You must get a under 2 sec 0-60. Don’t take the race lightly, this may be closer than u think. Find out his mods and go to the track alone and see what u run, good tires and decent driving should be in the mid to high 12’s, based on my experience.
and night ghost, thank you for your informative help on the question i had, instead of just critisizing my numbers, i will be searching for some cheap effective radials very soon. ill also try some runs at the track to see what my times are.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

and yes, my car should have a lot more than what its putting down. ive been told that numerous times. and its really shitty to hear it every time. and before i get chewed out again, i accidentally put a period in the middle of these. (a corvette intake. slp ls6 intake.) HOWEVER do not let that confuse anyone or mis lead anyone. i dont have both. its an slp ls6 intake. same thing is what i was told.