General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need help deciding....need some diff opinions...Z06 or SS/WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
That is 100% opinion. I even know some vette owners that don't like the ZO6/FRC body style on a C5. Just because it's a powerful car and says "corvette" on it doesn't make it everyone's dream car.

I think a regular C5 with some nice wheels looks worlds better than a ZO6/FRC. You can always add the power later. Either way personally I still like the F-body's look better, otherwise I'd already have a C5.
see the last part of my quote in reply to your post. yes, 100 percent the opinion of 95% of people. good for you, mister f body owner.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:06 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by dli1314
see the last part of my quote in reply to your post. yes, 100 percent the opinion of 95% of people. good for you, mister f body owner.
And good for you, mister 95% of the “people”.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Teching In

And good for you, mister 95% of the “people”.
I have no problem with your opinion, that's great if you think f bodies look better...especially since you own one. but do you seriously think MOST people agree with you?

I can honestly say without any doubt in my mind that most people, just by loooking at the two cars would take the FRC hands down. there are always a select few that stray from the majority.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Good comments thanks....ill have my 04 Explorer for daily this would just be like a Sat night/ Sun car....i think itd be a lil better suited with the power level i want for it for my needs

If i get the fbody i dont think id justify needing that much power i want out of it for the street...it might be more of a pain than fun....but what do i know

Thanks for the opinions...keep them coming as you think of them haha
Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by dli1314
....but do you seriously think MOST people agree with you?....I can honestly say without any doubt in my mind that most people, just by loooking at the two cars would take the FRC hands down.
But who really cares if they agree with you or me? Here's why: When is the last time you bought a car based soley on what the majority of the general public thought of it? I can honestly say I have never done that. I buy what I like, I like what I buy. My guess is, you probably do the same.

But if you want to debate the opinions of the general public, frankly, I think many/most people that buy a C5 ZO6 do so for the LS6 engine, not for the appearance of the FRC body style. If the regular hatch back/targa C5 came with the LS6 and other ZO6 performance upgrades, somehow I think that car would be more popular to the general public than a FRC ZO6. Only advantage of the FRC then would be the reduced weight, which would only appeal to the extreme enthusiasts that intend to race the car.

Additionally, where did I say that "most" people would agree with me that F-bodies looked better? The only comment I made about F-bodies was that I liked them better. I then stated that it was YOUR opinion that 95% of the general public would say that the ZO6 looked 10 times better than an F-body. Even if they do like the ZO6 better, 10 times is a big difference, and I doubt that 19 of every 20 people would agree that it's 10 times better. You make it sound like we're comparing a Civic to a Vette.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 09-11-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:04 AM
TECH Addict

That is 100% opinion. I even know some vette owners that don't like the ZO6/FRC body style on a C5. Just because it's a powerful car and says "corvette" on it doesn't make it everyone's dream car.

I think a regular C5 with some nice wheels looks worlds better than a ZO6/FRC. You can always add the power later. Either way personally I still like the F-body's look better, otherwise I'd already have a C5.
Very true, The C6's are cool, but the only vette in the history of the car i've ever liked are are plain ol' hatch C5's.
That being said, I've had a cammed car, and now my turbo z. You have no idea how fun FI is. Get a Z28 or T'A and twin turbo that sob!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Mannn...im a truck driver so im on the road alotttt.
I been seeing Vettes left and right haha...man i think its a sign.

And actually, i been goin over my finances and i dont think a C6 z06 would be out of the question.....i dont know if id od as much to it which wouldnt be as fun for me...i like to take a car from a starting point and watch it grow into something i love...buying that id mostly leave it stock and get bored but still.

They had this Mach 1 at a used car lot i used to work at, my friend almost got me to get it....mannn...they do sound sexy...but i held off with the lil will power i had, haha

Again thanks for the comments and opinions
Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Or you could just buy my car cuz it is different, already has a 9" and would be sweet with a set of twins. You can get some twins used for pretty cheap or grab the new aps kit for about 7k I believe. . . .link to for sale page in sig.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Yehh i could do a ton of things, but next year itll happen i wanna pay off my explorer and a couple of other bills first...but def gonna happen

And man FI does sound like a reallllllly fun thing to play with a friend of mine has a Talon TSI and theres no words to explain the sound of spooling and bov...love it..hehe its the ricer in me