General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I think I'll have another!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:21 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by 560SL
Meh, it's an F-body, no offense but neither car is rare or worth a lot of money. Just drive them and enjoy it.

There is really nothing about a standard SS or WS6 that makes it any more special than a Z28 or Trans Am. You pay a bit more for it up front, and should be able to sell it for a bit more later, but it's not any kind of investment. The only ones that will be worth anything significantly more than the usual LS1 V8 going well into the future will be cars like a 30th WS6, CETA, 35th SS, or maybe Firehawk. Otherwise, you're really just fooling yourself to think that the basic SS/WS6 is anything special or rare. It's just a TA or Z28 with a hood, that's really it.

Now I'll be the first to admit that my Z28 is a limited use garage queen, as was my WS6 before that. But that's only because I like to keep it show quality for my own personal happiness and to score well on the show circuit, not because I expect it to be worth anything significant later. I plan to buy a higher mileage/lesser condition one soon myself to drive on a more regular basis.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

There is really nothing about a standard SS or WS6 that makes it any more special than a Z28 or Trans Am. You pay a bit more for it up front, and should be able to sell it for a bit more later, but it's not any kind of investment. The only ones that will be worth anything significantly more than the usual LS1 V8 going well into the future will be cars like a 30th WS6, CETA, 35th SS, or maybe Firehawk. Otherwise, you're really just fooling yourself to think that the basic SS/WS6 is anything special or rare. It's just a TA or Z28 with a hood, that's really it.

Now I'll be the first to admit that my Z28 is a limited use garage queen, as was my WS6 before that. But that's only because I like to keep it show quality for my own personal happiness and to score well on the show circuit, not because I expect it to be worth anything significant later. I plan to buy a higher mileage/lesser condition one soon myself to drive on a more regular basis.
Well then it sounds like you and I are on the same page.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Teching In

That's exactly what I did. I try to keep my WS6 Formula looking pristine, and as a result I don't drive it very often. At the moment it has less than 7K miles. I picked up the Z28 to drive and have fun with. In less than three years I've put about 26K miles on it.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Teching In

i almost bought a 98 red trans am at the auction yesterday but lost sight of it. it had 93,000 and pretty good condition. needed a head unit and a good detailing but hell it sold for 3200!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

di did the same thing i dont mind it