General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

ok.. so my exhaust is loud then? BANNED in my own street

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

omega was here!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thule
im one of the nutters that just.. LOVE angry sounding machines.. thats why my Z has lt's offroad and LM1, and its loud allrigth..

when i was about to enter the car earlyer tonigth a police car stopped me and the officer asked me to.. not enter this neigbourhood agen on this car..

now i must park the car on a parkinglot for trucks
Well that's too bad for the police and your neighbours. Unless they provide assurances that this "parking lot" is safe and secure for your car, then I would keep driving the car in your neighbourhood as you see fit!!
Old 09-23-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Then the ******* harley guys who come in and wake me fucken up at 4 in the morning say pipes save lives

**** that and slow slow harleys
Old 09-23-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't be banned off you're own street. you payed for the house therefore you have full rights to the street. if people file a restraining order against you, you cannot go past that portion of the street. there are loop holes and what not there, but point being is... YOU CAN'T BE TOLD YOU CAN'T DRIVE ON YOU'RE OWN ROAD
Old 09-23-2007, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

deffinitly check your local laws befor you listen to a bunch of kids telling you their stories from the U.S.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMmexican
I fucken hate that, **** harleys

X2 man. they dont even sound that great. the are 10% sounding good and 90% annoying
Old 09-23-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28SS
X2 man. they dont even sound that great. the are 10% sounding good and 90% annoying
I agree...where i'm from cops pull muscle cars over all the time for being to loud but annoying rumble bikes and loud a** 4 banger cars and trucks they dont say nothing to. At least the muscle cars sound good.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Teching In

I just put on my LTs and ORY and I hope my neighbors react the same way
Old 09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EarlSS
I agree...where i'm from cops pull muscle cars over all the time for being to loud but annoying rumble bikes and loud a** 4 banger cars and trucks they dont say nothing to. At least the muscle cars sound good.
here they are all over the ricers but love the real cars and arent bitches about v8's at all. I drive my truck around with the cutouts open 90% of the time, never had an issue.

Havent had any problems with the Z, but it's quiet
Old 09-26-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FiredUpZ28

Every time I got pulled over when i had my Z and my girl in the t/a, we always get lectures on the exhaust (and front plate) but never a ticket. Cops are boring, I guess they were born middle age depressed jag offs with nothing better to do than profile sports cars.
So both you and the anoying ricers think they are being profiled and pulled over for nothing. Although some times not enforced EVERY state has laws on the books for how loud a vehicle is allowed to be. And in many states if you receive a violation for having a truck too tall or a car too loud you will have to fix it and have it checked by an inspection station or a police officer. So if they are only giving you a hard time, count yourself lucky.

And about the profiling thing. When was the last time you saw a Tarus with loud exhaust or racing another car?

The fact is probably over %50 of people on this site (myself included)have cars that don't meet local laws for one thing or another. You know it and did the modifications knowing you might get grief over it. Stop giving the cops a hard time for doing their job.

Re'
Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
So both you and the anoying ricers think they are being profiled and pulled over for nothing. Although some times not enforced EVERY state has laws on the books for how loud a vehicle is allowed to be. And in many states if you receive a violation for having a truck too tall or a car too loud you will have to fix it and have it checked by an inspection station or a police officer. So if they are only giving you a hard time, count yourself lucky.

And about the profiling thing. When was the last time you saw a Tarus with loud exhaust or racing another car?

The fact is probably over %50 of people on this site (myself included)have cars that don't meet local laws for one thing or another. You know it and did the modifications knowing you might get grief over it. Stop giving the cops a hard time for doing their job.

Re'

Yes because pulling over cars with loud exhaust is a very important crime to keep on top of.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

x2

The fact is, we do our racing at the track, and when were both out in our cars were just cruising having a good time. I guess that is a crime huh. I see more non sports cars racing each other on the street at a given time than cars that are built to go fast. To answer that question.

Oh, and where the **** do you get off calling me a ricer???
Old 09-26-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

yah i got pulled over but just got a warning. did that law pass yet something about how loud an exhaust is?? well anyways i tell them i just did somework on the car, and the exhaust got in the way, so i had to cut it. i tell them that when i have the money i will fix it, but i won't lol. my car has hooker longtubes supercomps and 3" true dual dumps so yah its freaken loud
Old 09-26-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

if your neighbors aren't complaining about it, i wouldn't worry about it.

Is that cop in the same spot everyday? If not i would just do like stated above and cruise in neutral when possible or if you are m6 then just cruise in a higher gear and bring your rev's down.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Although like most people Id love to hear you tell your neighbors and the cop to go screw, your really fighting a losing battle. Unless there is zero noise ordinance then your going to have issues. I would suggest simply getting an stock slp dual/dual exhaust and a cutout. Maybe even throw a magnaflow bullet into the i-pipe to quiet it down some more along with the dual/dual. Then, as someone else suggest, get an electric cutout and have fun once your out of your neighborhood. Plus, if you **** your neighbors off enough then dont be surprised if your car gets messed with. Doesnt matter how nice of a neighborhood you live in if you **** people off enough they will react, right or wrong.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well lets see here. I would say 90% of people find harley's annoyingly loud. I'm willing to bet nearly 90% will find a LM1 with Lt's annoying as well.

Bottom line is they're both obnoxious. However, Harley's get a little bit of a pass on this because the noise is a safety feature with a motorcycle. People can hear it so that even if he's in your blind spot you're less likely to run over him.

I equate super loud exhaust to the guy who wants to play his music turned up to the max with his window open and vibrating everything within 100 yards. You might find it wonderful, but others don't. You need to have some respect for your neighbors or move to a secluded area. Intentionally pissing other people off isn't "cool", it's just being an ***.

Get a decent catback and give it a more refined sound.

Last edited by Starion; 09-26-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where I live the cops don't care if you have headers /w no cats and loud exhaust, as long as its not so obnoxious your vibrating gravel off the road, and you have some type of muffler on it. I run pacesetter long tubes, with an off road y-pipe and a B&B cat back muffler. The thing is pretty loud especially with the cam and stuff in it. I pass them at 2 am on the street and they don't even take a second look at me. But if you have a license plate light out, they are on you like stink on ****.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol, Cut Out Is The Way To Go.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by seawolf18
Where I live the cops don't care if you have headers /w no cats and loud exhaust, as long as its not so obnoxious your vibrating gravel off the road, and you have some type of muffler on it. I run pacesetter long tubes, with an off road y-pipe and a B&B cat back muffler. The thing is pretty loud especially with the cam and stuff in it. I pass them at 2 am on the street and they don't even take a second look at me. But if you have a license plate light out, they are on you like stink on ****.
That's how most places are. If you're not obnoxious you'll get left alone 99% of the time. Most people rev the cars all over the place and wonder why they get pulled over..
Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Teching In

I think I would make it A point to cruise pust dudes house about 3:00 am in second every couple of days !!

I dont care what they say its NOT ok to be gay.............

Last edited by Annihilus; 09-26-2007 at 05:07 PM. Reason: !