General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anyone else wish they didnt sell their car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been on the verge of selling my car a dozen times, It's probably going to really hit me when I finally sell it later this month.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FL01SS
Oh I feel ya for sure!!! I had a 71 RS that I'd been working on little by little for several years that I sold for some extra cash to cover closing costs of a new house. It had been in storage & I hadn't been able to touch it for a couple years, so I didn't think I'd miss it that much. Boy was I wrong! And the really crappy thing is the seller of the house backed out at the last minute & I'm still living in an apartment 2 years later, so it was completely pointless for me to sell it in the first place! And my wife told me not to sell it! But I didn't listen, and she won't let me forget that either!

I also miss my 01 SS. Although I didn't have the same bond with that car since it was modded when I got it & I didn't put my own blood, sweat & tears into it, I still really miss that car too! It was pretty much perfect. Had to get rid of it though so I could get a more family oriented car since we have a little one now. SUre was a nice ride though!
No offense, but you effed up. Those were two seriously dope cars, but if it meant domestic issues, I can see why you made the sacfrifice. I would've cried...
Old 09-29-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow after going through and reading all of these entries it just seems like alot of people had some really bad *** cars and in a moentary lapse of judgement sold them.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

That 71 RS was a beautiful car. The SS looked sharp too. Sorry about the situation that you were in, but family comes first.

I've never sold a car. Lost my first car due to some douch bag blowing a stop sign and hitting me. It was just an 86 Monte Carlo, but I spent a lot of time working on it. My dad and I dropped a 350 in it, painted it, and spent countless hours working on it together. Have the Camaro, my winter beater (84 celebrity baby!), and my wifes Caliber. Don't plan on selling the camaro, but who knows what life will bring.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked my first cars, but the one I almost wish I didn't sell had to be my 94 Trans Am. I had gotten interested in the f-body after my friend got his 97, then after one issue after another trying to get a car prior to the T/A I said **** it, got on autotrader, and went searching for an f-body. Found one in Delaware at 8am Saturday morning, 4pm Saturday afternoon I was almost home with my new car Impulsive, maybe. But the car was very worth it and I don't think I've ever driven a car more in the first week of owning it. By the time I sold it it went from stock to LTs/CattedY/GMMG and a tune and it sounded absolutely awesome. Clean too. I sold it for a ridiculously stupid reason and couldn't believe it when I saw it drive away (that was the first time I ever saw it from outside). Guy showed up, cash in hand, I didn't know how interested he was, until as I'm walking inside he asks if cash is ok and that was that Took about a year or so off and I'm back and very happy with my LS1. The end.

-J
Old 09-29-2007, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made that mistake with my first F-body. It was a mint black '00 M6 SS. It had all the SLP options, and was absolutely immaculate. I put a whopping 2K miles on it the last year I had it and ended up selling it since I didn't drive it. That lasted two weeks before the search was on for a new one. I love my current F-body, but nothing will ever be as sweet as that SS.....Kind of like your first love!! I'll have another SS some day.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

o man i know what you mean..

when i was 16 i bougth an 81' Camaro Z28 that my friend had bin restoring, installed a big block in it, th4000 auto, and finished the car..

then when i was about 18 i just.. had no interest for the car anymore and wanted a 4th gen, so i sold it,

for a year or so i didnt care.. but now regred it horrably.. i want that car back

took those pics.. when i found out where the nw owner lives.. he dont want to sell it

Old 10-03-2007, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MJK
You know I think would be interesting to chime in here? Tony (Nineball).

out of all these cars: http://www.fquick.com/NineBall

I regret selling only a few of them.

1. 35th SS convertible. That car was one of my favorites, my first convertible. It put down 430 rwhp through cats, drove excellent, had nice detail work under the hood. I sold it to buy the C6 Vette. The 35th SS was just as fun, and actually turned more heads than the C6 did, believe it or not.

2. Hugger SS. I spent a lot of time getting the appearance just right on that car. It used to have a garage spot, but my classic cars pushed it out into the driveway and I felt bad about it sitting out there. I also was afraid to take it anywhere since the car was so rare and asking to be vandalized. It ended up not being driven much as a result, so I decided to sell it. I've even inquired to the buyer (Lawhorn here) about buying it back, but he loves it too much also. I'll buy another hugger SS someday when I have the room for one.

Other than that, the rest of the cars sold for a decent profit and I wasn't really too attached to them. I tend to enjoy customizing/modifying a car, enjoying it for a little while, and then selling it. I'd say the only real "keepers" in my current lineup are the '02 Firehawk and '69 Camaro convertible. But, I'd even sell those for stupid money.

Tony
Old 10-03-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i get depressed at least twice a week thinkin about my 02 SS that i sold. it was white with black leather, m6 with the hurst shifter. it was signed under the hood by scott settlemire. i sold it b/c i was starting a business and didn't want the payment. it only had 7,027 miles on it when i bought it. dumbest thing i have ever done...and there are some doozies on that list!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

I wish I still had my 02 Z06. I had to sell it to buy my house. I've had a couple nice G-body cars too I wish I still had. Oh well, now I have 2 F-bodies.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:16 AM
12 Second Club

My camaro's on Ebay right now :'( I'm going to be sad to see it go.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Default SELL a car?

Just the opposite here... Mrs. Builder frequently reminds me that "normal" people don't own 6 cars, at which point I have to agree with her since I own 7 cars and a truck . I have room for three more in the shop, but then I couldn't do any work on them w/o moving one outside.

I think Jeff Smith (former Chevy High Performance editor) said it best in a column when he talked about cars following him home like puppies.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by green28
That 71 RS was a beautiful car. The SS looked sharp too. Sorry about the situation that you were in, but family comes first.

I've never sold a car. Lost my first car due to some douch bag blowing a stop sign and hitting me. It was just an 86 Monte Carlo, but I spent a lot of time working on it. My dad and I dropped a 350 in it, painted it, and spent countless hours working on it together. Have the Camaro, my winter beater (84 celebrity baby!), and my wifes Caliber. Don't plan on selling the camaro, but who knows what life will bring.
I had a 1996 B4C Camaro thats pretty much identicle to the 94 B4C I have now. My buddy bought the 94 then I got the 96 right after. I lost the '96 in a similar situation. I made out well on it, got more than I originally paid for it 3 years and 36,000mi later, and kept it and parted it out. Cut the body all up with a saw-zaw and recycled it. Now I have lots of spare parts for my 1994. But I still miss that car a lot! It was a solid car and didn't have any problems or major issues, needed less body work and was faster. I have the interior from it in the 94, about to trade the doors and hatch, it has its transmission, and about to swap the rear ends maybe too! But its still not the same. Just so many good memories with that car so its probably the reason I miss it so much. But all in all it worked out for the better since I was able to pay off some debt and still by the 94 from my friend after too.

Last edited by B4CZR2; 10-10-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

i miss my grand am. i know its nothing compared to my current car, but that thing was a lame car when i got it (new) and i turned it into a head turner. i sold it because i was getting married and moving to the east coast. it was too low to drive daily in the snow.

turns out we didnt get married (broke up 24 hours before the wedding) and I moved back to so cal and bought my fbody. i dont have the same connection to this car.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow so sad to see SOOO many nice *** f bodys just go like that, well i plan on keeping my f body knock on wood but i read how so many people save there car and dont enjoy them! well my car i drive it everywhere and dont really care bout the miles or anything and drive it the way it was made to be driven! but all i am saying is people should enjoy driving there cars, some people buy the cars dont really drive it because its too good to be driven then end up selling it and regret the decition they have made.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Teching In

i was thinking of selling my stealth numerous times, but never sold it. People say that i should trash it, it's fwd and v6 but it's my first car and gets decent gas millage. I drive my firebird to autocross and once a month on weekend because of gas prices. I hope i never have to sell my firebird. It's sad reading some of replies on here, i hope i never have to regret selling a car because hopefully i will never sell one.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Banned

Default hear you

Yea, I hear you guys on not being able to seperate with your cars, I've been driving my 88 Vette for a while now and I couldn't imagine selling the thing. Me and my late father put so much work into that car, so many weekends when I wanted to go and hang out with my friends and he said we really needed to do some work on the car, I never regretted doing the work, but I would skip out on him from time to time and I would always come home and he would be there in the garage still working on it. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about the memories me and this car have, I could NEVER sell it.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Teching In

I wish I could of kept my 04 Mach 1 but I couldn't justify 2 gas guzzlers, nor could I afford both of them.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Teching In

i regret selling my 91 240sx hatch that car stole my heart and i have tried and tried to get it back with no success, also regret selling a 91 4.3 s10 ext. cab this thing was rusted and seafoam green ugly *** truck, interior was perfect, it would bark the tires first to second on a 700r4 after sitting for 3 years, now ive got my 99 sonoma i love this truck but when the time comes for the z that i want the truck will be gone, hopefully to a close friend so i can still see it
Old 10-12-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

a little different but my first car was an 01' Mustang. I had a $1,500 stereo in it; Cobra R chrome rims and had just made my last payment. Three days after I made my final payment, a speeding cab (in New York city of course), ran a stop sign and slammed into the drivers side. The force pushed me into a wall and the car was totaled.

Quick Reply: Anyone else wish they didnt sell their car?