General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

TICKET for Loud Exhaust, Help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_Formula

i got pulled over when i have stock cats and manifolds with my loudmouth, got a ticket for loud exhaust, i stuffed a bunch of steel whool up in the exhaust, made it as quiet as stock i just couldnt drive more than like 30mph or it would shoot it all out...
lmao...nice

So did the cop pull you over for some other reason and hear your exhaust that way? or did he hear you get on it?

I was in a neighborhood the other day and came around a corner in 1st with 3 cops standing just around the corner by their cars. They had some guy pulled over but as soon as they heard me all three of their heads popped up and watched me drive by. They were like robots....heads all moved in sync at the same time. It was kinda funny.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Yeah this happened to me once too!! I asked the judge what the difference was between my car and Harleys with drap pipes? He said good point and let me go without a fine! I felt good about the legal system that day. (every dog has his day)
Old 10-09-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya, i have the same exhaust setup and its pretty loud, i would just pay the ticket cause its catless and you dont want them to find that out
Old 10-09-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Incubus
lmao...nice

So did the cop pull you over for some other reason and hear your exhaust that way? or did he hear you get on it?

I was in a neighborhood the other day and came around a corner in 1st with 3 cops standing just around the corner by their cars. They had some guy pulled over but as soon as they heard me all three of their heads popped up and watched me drive by. They were like robots....heads all moved in sync at the same time. It was kinda funny.

actually when i got pulled i was just cruising along at 50mph (the speed limit)... it was late like 2am(ish) but i was cruising along with a couple other cars (just random people not friends) it wasnt like i was alone...

he pulled me over and gave me a ticket... i had the exhaust on there for 2 years and was never bothered, i had actually been complemented on it b4 by a cop while pulled over for other reasons.

i was not happy.

lmao at the robot cops, i can 100% picture that too...
Old 10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ricks99ls1
hey everyone i got pulled over the other day and cited for "loud muffler" a $75 ticket, can i beat this in court?
Not sure how they do things out in Richmond, but first look up the law and find out if there is a specific decibel level that is a limit for loud exhaust. Unless the cop had a decibel reader on him and used it to see that it was over the legal limit, then i don't see how he has a case.

However if there is a municipality law concerning loud exhaust, it may leave it up to officer digression to apply it. Get all the info you can and beat the Man !
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got a friend that has been running open headers on his truck for over a year and hasn't been bothered once and I'm running a loudmouth and not a word. Guess the cops have better things to do here in Arkansas. I would just pay the fine and move on.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by getusum
I had a cop pull me over for my car being too loud. He was in the process of telling me how loud it was until 3 Harleys came rolling by. I looked at him and said" you're kidding right?" He told me to have a nice day...Our cars are no louder than a hawg....
HAHA...yea there's a lot of bikes out there that are way louder than our cars if you ask me.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know about Ill., But where I live court costs are figured into the amount of the citation. If you fight a citation here and loose, it doesnt cost anything extra.

Quick Reply: TICKET for Loud Exhaust, Help...