General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: What to do???!!!
Take a hit on the sell and hope to buy the dream LS1...
54.55%
Wait on the sell and get the price your asking, and another will come around.
45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Selling/Buying Frustration?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I did not knock on my current vehicle. My tacoma is a GREAT truck, I just have no use for it and miss having a back seat/trunk. And the 6 speed sure will be fun.

I can not figure out how to delete the poll but, since I have 2 weeks to sell my vehicle, I am not taking any large loss on the sell, just wanting to push it faster to sell now. The day I get the drive the formy home will be a great day!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Everyone's talkin sh*t about japanese trucks but some are worth a nod. I wouldn't really consider a Tundra a "rice" burner... those things are the real deal. My girlfriend also drives a supercharged Nissan Xterra.. that thing is a lot of fun. On the other hand a couple friends have tahoes and explorers and I don't really like em... I love my z28, but it's always breaking..
Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Let me spell it out for you. He's worried about being able to sell his truck. Had he not bought a foreign truck, he wouldn't be worried about selling it. If you're like me and have family that depend on the American auto industry to put food on the table, you'd be bitter about people buying Toyotas, Hondas & all that other crap too.
Amen. I work for Ford, but the principal of supporting the families of those who work for the domestic auto manufacturers is something we can agree on. When I bought my first Powerstroke 4 1/2 years ago I became addicted to the power, economy, comfort and utility of the full size Ford pickup...but that is something that any of the full size diesel's offer. I am proud to drive a Ford Super Duty, and I tell anyone who asks about the truck how much I like my current truck and the two previous to it. Back on track...good luck with the sale of your truck and best of luck with the TA. That is a great looking car.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well thanks. Not alot of hits yet on my truck. I might try autotrader next.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Still no solid bites on the sell of my truck. I thought I had it priced very low, guess not low enough.

I have until the 30th to sell it if I want this formula. Everyone please pray for me.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck man, selling a car is such a headache. Far more so than buying one. It took me 4 months to sell my car, and I had to do it for less than I wanted to get for it.

I have no idea about what your financial situation is like, but I waited until my car was sold. There's no guarantee when your car will sell, and it may take longer than you think. After I sold my car, it only took me a week to find the right Camaro.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

E V I L- if it is just a question of selling the truck, take it to your local toyota dealership and ask them to buy it from ya. my bro is the used car manager for a dealership here, and people do that all the time. they will probably just give you trade in on it, but you will have it gone...
As far as the debate over "foreign trucks" goes, i say the hell with them... one of my closest friends had a '92 chevy silverado v8 (not diesel) that had 408,000 miles on THE ORIGINAL MOTOR before he had it rebuilt. i have never in my life seen another vehicle with more miles on the original motor. i have heard of a few, but never actually seen one.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Let me spell it out for you. He's worried about being able to sell his truck. Had he not bought a foreign truck, he wouldn't be worried about selling it. If you're like me and have family that depend on the American auto industry to put food on the table, you'd be bitter about people buying Toyotas, Hondas & all that other crap too.

Your high and an idiot. Selling ANY vehicle can be hard. At least almost all Japaneese vehicles hold their value better than american vehicles. I paid 32k for a 2006 Honda Ridgeline in May 2005 which still has a retail value of almost 29k. A good frint bought a 2006 Chevy Z71 with a window sticker of 33k for 28.5k a few months later. He just traded his truck in great condition for 19k. AMERICAN VEHICLES AREN'T WORTH CRAP WHEN YOU TRADE THEM.

Sounds like you got a good deal. The partial refund is exactly what I would have done. Two questions:
1: what do you owe on your truck?
2: what is the PRIVATE SALE value on your truck through Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com)?

Re'
Old 10-21-2007, 03:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL

Sounds like you got a good deal. The partial refund is exactly what I would have done. Two questions:
1: what do you owe on your truck?
2: what is the PRIVATE SALE value on your truck through Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com)?

Re'
Regarding to me? I owe nothing on the truck, paid cash.

Private sale value (good condition) is $8175. I have it posted for 7k on ebay buy it now. Hope I get some bites by tomorrow.

The day I get to drive home in my 1st ls1 with 6 speed and leather and t-tops will be a great day.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

buy it dude why not
Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

some one will buy ur truck
Old 10-25-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

The truck sold and the same day I bought my Formula. Thank the lord.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/introductions-greetings/803611-houston-tx-new-formula-owner.html
Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good Deal! Hope yoyr happy with the Formula

Re'
Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
Good Deal! Hope yoyr happy with the Formula

Re'
Yes I am. Having leather and a 6 speed with T-tops is .

Although it is only a stock LS1 (for now), I have previously owned a mustang coupe that made somewhere around 350/478 on nitrous and it was a beast and a AWD talon making around 300 hp but the LS1 is different, the torque is SOOO nice! It pulls so damn well and can easily throw me back in the seat. I love it!

BTW are the 98's the lowest dynoing LS1's?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

98-02's all pretty much the same, just slight differences.

98,01,02 i believe had bigger injectors.
99,00 had bigger cams.
01,02 came with LS6 intake.
98-00 had EGR and AIR
01,02 only had AIR

I think thats right but dont hold me to it

The 01 and 02's should actually be quicker bc of the LS6 intake which is about a 20hp gain if you add it to the 98-00's.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just wait until you have the buying power and you sell your truck, i thought i had found the perfect car when i was in the market for an f-body but i was short a few bucks.

Then I found my 2002 camaro, that had been owned by a girl at a dealer for cheap with low miles and extended warranty.

buying an f-body is like looking for the right girl to marry......it takes time but shes there somewhere