General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: What to do???!!!
Take a hit on the sell and hope to buy the dream LS1...
54.55%
Wait on the sell and get the price your asking, and another will come around.
45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Selling/Buying Frustration?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling/Buying Frustration?!

So my Toyota Tacoma is up for sale. Very nice asking price. And that im from Texas and it's a truck, it should sell quickly. Altough I was in no rush to sell my truck so I could save to find the perfect LS1 then sell her: I wake up this morning..

And on a local board: 98 Formula, 120k miles, lady driven, 1 owner, M6, leather, T-tops, white. EXACTLY what I am looking for. All for only $6500.

Already emailed her....lets pray that I can sell my truck now.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say BUY it. Your truck will sell eventually!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i hope your dream comes true! selling check out car soup.com and auto trader. also check kelly blue book for trade in value, private party, and retail. just to get a good idea (ballpark). goodluck, LS GUNS are super fun!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

get a loan and buy the ls1 if its still available, then sell the truck for what you want/need...

then pay off the loan and use ne extra money for some mods.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

don't ruch into things, make sure I am the worst for this. I always promise myself I am gonna look for awhile and don't take the first one. Last time when I picked up my T/A I did it somewhat, but ehy its tough when a nice ride pops up in your face. Hard to say no, especially for the right price. So I bought another one last week when this exactly happened to me
Old 10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had been looking for some time, and was denied for a capital one loan so this is my only option.

I just spoke to her via the phone, and she said she is is no rush to sell and would rather it go to a owner that really wants it. So she said $500 and she will hold it for a few weeks. Going tonight to check it out.

Anyone ever put a downpayment on a private seller car? It makes me a bit nervous, but with all of her information and her address, it's not like she can go anywhere??
Old 10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

That's what you get for buying a foreign piece of crap Toyota!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by E V I L
I had been looking for some time, and was denied for a capital one loan so this is my only option.

I just spoke to her via the phone, and she said she is is no rush to sell and would rather it go to a owner that really wants it. So she said $500 and she will hold it for a few weeks. Going tonight to check it out.

Anyone ever put a downpayment on a private seller car? It makes me a bit nervous, but with all of her information and her address, it's not like she can go anywhere??

i've put down payments on a car with a private seller, but only to go to the bank and get the rest of the money...

just incase another person came by and already had the cash.

basically the seller would write a receipt saying "i agree to sell __insert car and vin # here___ for xxx amount of money. I have received a downpayment of xxx. amount on *date.* .

i doubt it would hold up much in court but it just makes it feel more official.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98_Formula
i've put down payments on a car with a private seller, but only to go to the bank and get the rest of the money...

just incase another person came by and already had the cash.

basically the seller would write a receipt saying "i agree to sell __insert car and vin # here___ for xxx amount of money. I have received a downpayment of xxx. amount on *date.* .

i doubt it would hold up much in court but it just makes it feel more official.
I am pretty sure it would be a solid case in court. I am an acounting student and am currently taking business law and we jsut got done with civil contracts which is wha that would be. It is a binding contract if both parties sign it and is binding in court also. So I would agree with 98_Formula and you should probably write somethign like that out.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
That doesn't even make sense.

On the real point: personally, I would wait for a sale of your truck. Don't lower yourself into debt if you don't have to.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by y2k_ta

Should have bought the LS1 in the first place.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

HA yes I bought my beloved Tacoma for work and now have since changed the role of my job and have no need for it. And its a 2.7L 4 banger thats slow as ***** and it's an auto. But I am an ex ford man, this will be my 1st GM car. HA

Lesson learned.

And my poll above may be a bit confusing...

Tonight if the car is what I want, i will be putting down a small deposit to hold the car until I sell my truck. I dont plan for the sale to take very long....Leaving soon to check her out so I will let everyone know how it goes. Is the deposit going to be non-refundabale....too many questions.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by E V I L
HA yes I bought my beloved Tacoma for work and now have since changed the role of my job and have no need for it. And its a 2.7L 4 banger thats slow as ***** and it's an auto. But I am an ex ford man, this will be my 1st GM car. HA

Lesson learned.

And my poll above may be a bit confusing...

Tonight if the car is what I want, i will be putting down a small deposit to hold the car until I sell my truck. I dont plan for the sale to take very long....Leaving soon to check her out so I will let everyone know how it goes. Is the deposit going to be non-refundabale....too many questions.

Keep us posted man! Good luck! I hope everything works out for you. Once you press the GO pedal, you will hooked on LS1!!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

So I arrived, the garage door opened and I began to drool. I have looked at 4-5 other F-Bods and this is by far the cleanest, most well taken care of....

Same info as above, but driven by a 55 year old lady since she drove it off the lot with 300 miles. Brand new power steering pump/rack w/ warranty, AC just serviced, new clutch at the 1st of the year, always full synthetic, always premium fuel, body is in mint condition, she upgraded to leather interior when she bought it, very nice t-tops that she said hardly ever removed so they are mint....pictures below.

So now I have 2 weeks, put down $500, $400 is refundable if I dont sell my vehicle by the 30th so lets everyone cross your fingers for me. This is it!! $100 that I dont want to lose...

Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Launching!

looks like a sweet deal dude, do it!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 AM
TECH Addict

Do it, but not off topic, Toyota makes an awesome truck. My girlfriend had the V6 Tacoma and its got alright jam for considering what it is. These 'foreign pieces of crap' will begin to take over the domestic sales of truck with the way fuel prices and economy is going. Not to mention how they seem to break down more and the jap scraps keep on keeping on. All it is, is the Norm of society. I had doubts when she wanted the damn thing so bad and now she's got it, its a pretty hefty ride for a mid-sized truck. Anyways, I know where I live this truck holds its value and would sell like a hot cake and can't speak for where you live but good luck on the sale. Hope it sells so you can own a LS1.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:31 AM
TECH Regular

How big of a hit would you be taking on selling the truck if you don't mind me asking? IMO if you hadn't have made a deposit I honestly didn't see a reason why you should even consider take a hit on selling the truck due to the fact it's not something that you need it's something you want.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Nihsnek
That doesn't even make sense.

On the real point: personally, I would wait for a sale of your truck. Don't lower yourself into debt if you don't have to.
Let me spell it out for you. He's worried about being able to sell his truck. Had he not bought a foreign truck, he wouldn't be worried about selling it. If you're like me and have family that depend on the American auto industry to put food on the table, you'd be bitter about people buying Toyotas, Hondas & all that other crap too.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:26 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Websy21
Not to mention how they seem to break down more and the jap scraps keep on keeping on.
Are you high?

Please don't tell me that you think Asian trucks outlast the domestics.

I see 20 year old Ford & Chevy trucks on the road every day. The asian trucks haven't logged anywhere near enough miles over the years yet, nor sold in enough volume yet to even be compared to domestic truck longevity, IMO.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Websy21
Do it, but not off topic, Toyota makes an awesome truck. My girlfriend had the V6 Tacoma and its got alright jam for considering what it is. These 'foreign pieces of crap' will begin to take over the domestic sales of truck with the way fuel prices and economy is going. Not to mention how they seem to break down more and the jap scraps keep on keeping on. All it is, is the Norm of society. I had doubts when she wanted the damn thing so bad and now she's got it, its a pretty hefty ride for a mid-sized truck. Anyways, I know where I live this truck holds its value and would sell like a hot cake and can't speak for where you live but good luck on the sale. Hope it sells so you can own a LS1.
The Silverado still has more power and better MPG than Toyota's full-size

Toyota/Honda/etc has done mostly smaller engines for a long time while domestics are mostly larger engines. Now, the imports are having to work upwards which is taking some time for them to get down while the domestics are working downwards which is taking them time.

I personally won't buy a riceburner though, ever