General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Firehawk wreck

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he should be tar and feathered for this immediately!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KENS_SS_4
I think Shockwave179 your missing my point
1. This thread was not started by the driver. So it is not hate in his face.
2. The car is not shown in vid as driven under control on the streets, but, just the opposite out of control on the streets. Therefore low skills and judgement, almost comical.
3. We are human so we make judgements. Right or wrong we do, it is hard wired. You won't agree with everyone.
4. You come on here name calling others. Most people were just giving an opinion different than yours. They did not flame or call names. "Stop being a holier than thou douchebag" "idiots" "retards" These were seen in your post.
5. Accident don't just happen, there is always a reason. Most of the time it is not "the accident happened because of great skill and fantastic judgement".
Just my observations.
Verbatim, Ken.
The driver couldn't keep control at 60mph in the vid let alone a parking lot - if you don't have control at all times regardless of where you are I have no sympathy.
I stopped calling them "accidents" years ago. They are "crashes" as usually the driver just doesn't drive headlong into a stationary object for fun.

Posted in open forum and its up for any and all comments within reason.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Teching In

That car use to be local. What a beauty it was at one point..
Old 10-20-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Bummer
Old 10-20-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spool + slicks is not what I consider a decent street driven car, without trying hard it it takes is a bit of a turn to break traction on the inner tire of the turn, punch it a bit with stock power and it will break loose on a spool.

there are no accidents in the eyes of an insurance company. In all honesty, if everyone drove to the rules, were careful to the conditions etc etc, there would be no crashes.

If it was raining, why did he drive on slicks? If it was slippery, why didn't he reduce his speed? I don't buy the whole I was doing the speed limit crap. It's a line that the insurance has to swallow in good faith, but in all honesty, it's a stat that goes AGAINST all of us that drives these kinds of cars. Another statistic of so and so age wrecking so and so car makes it cost more for people in said age group to own such a car.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Hey soooo that was my wreck.
ill clear some stuff up. the car had been getting nitrous, 2-step, fuel system, and some other stuff done to it at the shop i was working at. i hadnt drove it in about 1 1/2 months or so and when i was all done one late thursday night. i put the slicks on (planning on taking it to the track the next night) and headed home. i live about 6 miles from the shop it was at and i wrecked about 1/2 mile from my house. i wrecked doing about 45-50 going around a bend where any other vehicle does the turn at 60+ because the speed limit is 65 in this area. about 1/2 way through the back end started getting loose and anyone thats driven a car with a spool/no abs/ slicks. you know that once the back end lets loose its all over. slide onto the other side of the road and smashed a tree. end of story. i do miss the car but insurance narrowed it down to being 1 of 5 firehawks since it was previously a forumula, and full coverage saved me and i was able to buy a 2000 kenne bell lightning running low 12s, and now also a 04 gto. all stock for now but it will be cammin and sprayin soon enough..
Old 10-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Launching!

so that now everyone knows the real story the hating can stop Im down for a lock....Haters will be haters when they don't know the real story, don't be so quick to judge!
Old 10-21-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

HATERS!!! Waiting for the cam and spray on the goat! That Hawk was weak anyways!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ouch, oh well at least the driver is ok.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

damn that horrible
Old 11-08-2007, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Well a lil up date on the firehawk. I bought it at auction. I have since put the engine rear end and many other parts of it in my 2000 ws6. So at least the parts have been put to good use. I hope to get some track times soon. Don't hate thabmxer to much it is a scary combo with that much power and 4:11 gear with spool, it can get away from ya real quick.

Last edited by 88zukon36s; 11-09-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mattybz28
Everyone is just "driving home" when they run into trees while only driving 45.

hahaha i agree with this guy
Old 04-28-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by viper9403
so that now everyone knows the real story the hating can stop Im down for a lock....Haters will be haters when they don't know the real story, don't be so quick to judge!
Hating? We are all just acknowledging that he did something stupid. And pretending that slicks and spool make it 'not his fault' is weaksauce.

"I was doing 45mph where the speed limit was 65mph, and I spun out of control"

Well according to psychiatry lying can be described as a personality defect, so maybe that tendency is not your fault either.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by viper9403
Do we know the real story? I'm not so sure we do. That video told me that the owner is young, careless and to some degree dangerous. I kept expecting the video to end with him crashing into another car, tree or pole.

I pulled some stupid crap when I was a kid. I have a 16 year old son who from time to time does stupid things. It's human nature. But because of that I know three things to be true:

1). Young people occasionally do something stupid. Some just do them more often then others.

2). Young people usually lie about the stupid stuff they did either to avoid getting into trouble or to save face.

3). It's almost never completely thier fault.

Just for arguments sake lets say he was trying to drift around the corner and crashed into the tree. Would he really come here and admit that? Most people his age wouldn't. They would either distort the truth to make it sound like they were a victom of circumstance or they wouldn't post at all. Very few would actually admit they were just acting like an idiot and paid the price.

Is his story true? Maybe it is. But that video would give any reasonable person reasonable doubt. I'm just glad he wasn't seriously hurt. Hopefully he won't be so reckless with the GTO. The life he could save may just be his own.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn.. I checked up that cam, 3200-7200 is the powerband??? How the **** did you drive that thing untunned
Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

That sucks
Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hope everything gets better for ya
Old 04-28-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My friend Wes bought a wrecked LT1 Firehawk for an LT1 6m conversion of a Teal 91 RS. The wreck was not the fault of the driver. The rear end gave out at highway speed locking up one of the axleshafts. Seeing the carcass it was luck for the driver to escape with minor injuries. After seeing this, I'm weary of my stock 10 bolt.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

what a loser!!!he deserved to crash driving like that.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m6ttop
what a loser!!!he deserved to crash driving like that.
yea? from my perspective, yea its stupid to do what he was doing in the video ALL the time. but it appeared to me like he had control. i mean i wouldnt let just any of my friend do donuts RIGHT in front of my car. so his friend trusted his driving ability too. and everyone does stupid stuff sometimes. no one can say that theyve never sped. just because it has him in a video doing "stupid stuff" doesnt mean he drives like that all the time. and how can you say he deserved to crash like that? does a base jumper deserve to have his parachute not work because he pushes the limits of safety as well? who are you to judge what is deserved. it is a shame he wrecked his beautiful hawk but luckily he lived to argue about the wreck. and i can bet you money he aint doing any of that stuff anymore without thinking twice. its a lesson learned. and like i said, luckily at just the expense of a numbered car.