General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Firehawk wreck

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theycallmealex89
yea its stupid to do what he was doing in the video ALL the time.
No, it's stupid to do what he was doing in the video ANY time.

but it appeared to me like he had control.
It appeared to me that he lacked self control.

i mean i wouldnt let just any of my friend do donuts RIGHT in front of my car. so his friend trusted his driving ability too.
Or his friend was just as wreckless as he is.

and everyone does stupid stuff sometimes. no one can say that theyve never sped. just because it has him in a video doing "stupid stuff" doesnt mean he drives like that all the time.
Absolutely true. But there is a difference between doing 75 in a 65 and what I saw on that video. A big difference. I'm sure he doesn't drive like that all the time but clearly he does it some of the time. And he must have been proud of it or he wouldn't have made the video and posted it on the internet.

does a base jumper deserve to have his parachute not work because he pushes the limits of safety as well?
That's a bad comparison. For one thing a sky diver is only risking thier own life and not thier friends or innocent motorists. Second the sky diver has a backup chute in case the primary chute fails.

I know what you were trying to say but that was a bad analogy.

it is a shame he wrecked his beautiful hawk but luckily he lived to argue about the wreck..
Amen to that. I for one wish no harm to anyone with the exception of Osama Bin Laden

and i can bet you money he aint doing any of that stuff anymore without thinking twice. its a lesson learned.
I wouldn't put any money on that. Was this enough to learn a lesson? Maybe and maybe not. I wouldn't be surprised if he never drives like he did in that video again but I also wouldn't be shocked to see the same type of video with him in his GTO once that gets heavily modded.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1
That's a bad comparison. For one thing a sky diver is only risking thier own life and not thier friends or innocent motorists. Second the sky diver has a backup chute in case the primary chute fails.
base jumps generally go without a backup chute from things they arent supposed to be jumping off of. as for putting other people at risk, a base jumper could potentially land on someone

not everything is clear cut black and white, some times **** happens no matter how well you prepare or how cautious you are. weve all done stupid **** in our time, but that doesnt meant its how we drive whenever were behind the wheel. when people take videos of their cars its generally to show off while doing something out of the ordinary. a video of someone driving the speed limit would be quite boring, wouldnt you think?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by phantazn
base jumps generally go without a backup chute from things they arent supposed to be jumping off of. as for putting other people at risk, a base jumper could potentially land on someone
If you pay to go skydiving the people flying the planes are not going to drop you near populated areas and they do provide you with a backup chute. But it would take a lot to get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane

not everything is clear cut black and white, some times **** happens no matter how well you prepare or how cautious you are.
That's true to a point. You can't predict when a deer will jump out in front of you for example. But lets say he's telling the truth and a 45 mph turn around a bend caused the accident. It wouldn't have happened if he was doing 25 around that turn. It wouldn't of happened if he used a second pair of rims for the slicks and only put them on at the track.

That's a situation where being causious "enough" would have prevented an accident.

but that doesnt meant its how we drive whenever were behind the wheel. when people take videos of their cars its generally to show off while doing something out of the ordinary.
I understand that which is why I said I was sure he doesn't drive like that all of the time. But he does drive like that some of the time and I bet even occasionally when a camera isn't involved.

a video of someone driving the speed limit would be quite boring, wouldnt you think?
That would be very boring indeed. But then again, there are a lot of videos of people making very fast passes or of very good races at quarter mile drag strips. Those are entertaining without putting unsuspecting motorists at risk.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by btwnbllr29
yea true sounds like a good lie but he actually was on his way home lol i saw the tree...... the tree def. won the battle lol
Trees always win the battle..
Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Transamman25
******* kids destroying Numbered cars kills me .. what is the prob with starting with a f'n WS6 ??
even though this thread is a little old I agree 100% with this comment. There are tons of base cars out there i dont understand why people mod rare cars like this. Yea drive them cause there meant to be driven but dont **** with them. Just one less hawk on the road wait to go...im gunna laugh in 20-30 years people wake up to see these cars going for 3 times their original price on barrett jackson. People going i had one but i modded it to hell and now its worth nothing or yea i wrecked one just like that...nice. **** happens and sucks to see any bird go down but a little easier to swallow when its 1 of 20000
Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Wow brought up from the grave.. I think the wreck was way over a year ago. I know everyones mad some young kid wrecked a nice firehawk, I was barely turned 17 when the video was made, but the wreck happened way after that. The car was turned into a drag car, I had a daily driver by then and rarely drove it on the streets only to and from the track. Anyways **** happens, I'm 20 now and I've moved on and learned alot since then.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

That sucks dude. Always hate to see an f-body get totaled.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EnfuegoZ28
That sucks dude. Always hate to see an f-body get totaled.
True...but it's completely expected when someone is driving like an
******* like in the vid in the first post.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LMAO thank you. and i said base jumping not skydiving. BUT ANYWAY. your right it was a bad analogy, its hard to think of a flawless analogy but i forgot if i didnt it would be picked apart... i didnt know this was a year old. i like that black gto hes got now though. of course its no hawk.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

LMAO thank you. and i said base jumping not skydiving. BUT ANYWAY. your right it was a bad analogy, its hard to think of a flawless analogy but i forgot if i didnt it would be picked apart... i didnt know this was a year old. i like that black gto hes got now though. of course its no hawk.
I didn't know it was a year old either. I hate it when people revive old threads. I'm not a big GTO fan but it's better then an import
Old 04-30-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

one less firehawk on the road due to a slightly retarded driver
Old 04-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Launching!

holy old thread batman....

too bad that kid is a douche, i mean seriously hes gotta be some kind of loser to come from a hick town and wreck a badass hawk like that!

jk tommy....kinda
Old 04-30-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah most probles r from messing around...sucks tho who doesnt mess around with there car....
**** roll bars there dangerous! safety huh!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Wow thats crazy stuff