General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Stolen SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Joe
Best advice I can give, is to get low jack installed.
true story. it's the best thing you can do. the only weakness is the local police have to have lojack trackers and not all of them do
Old 10-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Teching In

there probably are theives reading these posts, but what if the things that were talking about makes it harder to steal. if they want it bad enough they'll get it, but theres no sense in making it easy. if i read a few of these post i would be a lot smarter and maybe still have my car.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I take it no updates yet??
Old 10-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Launching!

I'm in the area, dude. I've seen your car (before it got stolen, that is) b/c I remember thinking that it looked like mine that got stolen. I'll keep and eye out for ya, but surely they would not be stupid enough to actually drive it around here. I'd definately look at whoever was asking all of those questions. I had a guy stop and look at mine while I was at work once. I came outside and told him "That car is not for sale." He said, "Oh, I'm just looking at it." I told him, "Well, you just need to move the **** on." He gave me a funny look, but he left. That kinda **** really weirds me out.

Someone said that we should be careful of what we post on here, and I could not agree more. I would NEVER, under ANY circumstances ever post anything about my vehicle security on this site, or any other site for that matter. Y'all keep that in mind. We're all enthusiasts and a sort of a brotherhood here (with a few sisters), but if *I* were looking to steal an fbod, this would definately be the place to look.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

good advice.

I was just thinking the other day to disable my auto locks. Don't you guys think this is a decent idea. You can't grab the handle if you bend the window enough can you? It's probably not enough cuz they can just break a window, but its a start in the right direction and makes it a tad tougher.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

go to location specific forum and also keep an eye open in the parts section... maybe even ask for something unique on the car that they would be selling (turbo kit) good lucxk dude
Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

dude that sux so bad im sorry ill keep an i out
Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sucks to hear that man, i hope you find the car or get justice
Old 11-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Teching In

NO news yet on the car, appreciate ya'll keeping an eye out its been a couple weeks now but i havent give up completely.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

hate to hear the bad news. but...........thinking.........i think it should be mandatory for us to install kill switches on all our cars. not a bs one under the dash hooked to the starter wire, i mean hunt a fuel pump wire down under the carpet somewhere or something creative like that. you can put the switch under a floormat or on the sun visor somewhere where no one would think to look....lets make sure they don't ever leave under their own power. make them bring a wrecker at least.....
Old 11-02-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
hate to hear the bad news. but...........thinking.........i think it should be mandatory for us to install kill switches on all our cars. not a bs one under the dash hooked to the starter wire, i mean hunt a fuel pump wire down under the carpet somewhere or something creative like that. you can put the switch under a floormat or on the sun visor somewhere where no one would think to look....lets make sure they don't ever leave under their own power. make them bring a wrecker at least.....
I agree, anything to make it more of a pain ya know....like I was thinking about disabling my auto locks so they can't just simply pry the window open and push the button.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is BULLSHIT! I agree with whoever said they hate thieves as much as they hate child molesters! This kinda **** REALLY pisses me off... We all spend a lot of $ on our rides and we love em.. truly.. It's a damn shame some piece of **** decides he wants to "jack" our rides.. Hasn't happened to me, ever, thank God, but it could be any one of us, any time.. My car stays garaged as much as possible and I'm going to cover my VIN as well. **** THIEVES

Had to vent cuz it really pisses me off to hear **** like this!!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
I agree, anything to make it more of a pain ya know....like I was thinking about disabling my auto locks so they can't just simply pry the window open and push the button.
the auto locks should disable after a few minutes. as a car alarm installer i know you have to power up the computer before an aftermarket alarm can signal the doors to unlock. the circuit goes dead bc it goes through the computer. leave the window down, leave the car for a while then reach in and press the button, they shouldnt work.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

DAMMMNN that sucks...I hope the best for yall...I would be goin psysho on somebody...sts turbo kit on it damnnn i was lookin at those all day at work...pretty pricey
Old 11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear that man. I'll keep an eye out. I would keep an eye out for rollers sold without a title that are real stripped down. Good luck man, and sorry to hear about that.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
DAMMMNN that sucks...I hope the best for yall...I would be goin psysho on somebody...sts turbo kit on it damnnn i was lookin at those all day at work...pretty pricey
what color orange is that? it looks good, stands out too.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
what color orange is that? it looks good, stands out too.
Its stated in the sig, HUGGER orange.

To the OP: Sorry to hear about your car man. Thieves make my blood boil because so few of them ever get the punishment that they deserve.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Teching In

yeah your right tripps. it sux .
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

what i meant was is it a factory color? or is it a repaint?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

really sorry to hear about the car man hope ya get it back, it sucks, not only all the money in the cars but all the time of tinkering with it cleaning it down to changin all the fluids taking good care of them so they last a long time then someone comes and just doesnt care about any of that and takes it, really pisses me off, there have been some good points on here about posting about your car on here, i have a good post my cars unlocked and the keys are in it (and i have the shotgun loaded in my house)
i like the coverin the vin idea, and a better than stock alarm or kill switch

good luck man