General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

One less SOM WS6 on the road, I might have totaled it

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default One less SOM WS6 on the road, I might have totaled it

I believe I killed my car last night. I lost control of the car trying to avoid some deer and ended up slamming into a ditch. It looks like I pushed the rear axle over toward the passenger side probably an inch, tore the ground effects off that's under the driver door, all over paint damage, blew the driver tires off the rims, and there is a large dent in the driver's quarter panel. I didn't hit anything else besides the ditch so I believe the dent is from frame damage, it's about as long as a football and goes in probably an inch or so. Anyone else think it's totaled?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG sorry to hear that man... pics?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

I tried to take some but it was so dark and foggy they didn't come out.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

that does suck. but they might not total it... if i were you though, i would push them to total it if they come back and tell you they will have it fixed. im sure you love the car, but after damage like that, its usually just easier to start over... im assuming you have full coverage insurance, right..?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I have full coverage. If I don't get the car back oh well, because like you said it would be easier to just start over. Sucks though, I JUST put the new tranny and clutch in yesterday too. Didn't even have 300 miles on the new setup, and I have been waiting 8 weeks to get the tranny back.

On a side note as soon as I stopped I started to laugh, the LOW TRAC light was on. I was like, "yeah no ****."
Old 10-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Launching!

my brother in law had his 98z totaled after he went into the ditch at about 55mph he didnt see the turn and smacked the front into ground not much body damage or parts damage really but they totaled it; i started it up and drove it on the trailer when the insurance company came to pick it up and it ran and drove fine. so IMO its totaled.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

R.i.p
Old 10-28-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _JB_
Yeah I have full coverage. If I don't get the car back oh well, because like you said it would be easier to just start over. Sucks though, I JUST put the new tranny and clutch in yesterday too. Didn't even have 300 miles on the new setup, and I have been waiting 8 weeks to get the tranny back.

On a side note as soon as I stopped I started to laugh, the LOW TRAC light was on. I was like, "yeah no ****."
sorry to hear that bud, at least you didn't loose your sense of humour, that jokes!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Launching!

BUT ITS SOM! You have to save it!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn man that sucks... good luck on the claim
Old 10-28-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that sucks man but yea it might be easier to start over.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Launching!

dang man, that sucks. Hope they total it and you get to start over.

Side note...
Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
sorry to hear that bud, at least you didn't loose your sense of humour, that jokes!
When I read this, I thought, lol at canadian spelling, then I realized you are actually canadian....
Old 10-28-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _JB_

lol yeah all you can do is laugh right? then you got out and it wasn't so funny right?.... i remember when i drifted my car into the woods about 30 FT i couldn't open the door because it had become one with a tree, so i crawled out of the pass window and got out to the road.. looking into the woods and seeing my car there with trees all over it and the extras i just started laughing.

LOW TRAC lol that's pretty funny when your looking into a ditch
Old 10-28-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats shitty man thats one of the best looking f-bodies ever made imo, and som 02 ta's arent real common. Push for totaled and tell them it was 1 out of xxx cause of the som, making it worth over 20k. you never know sometime insurance will hook you up.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man, that is awful I'm so sorry for your loss Most of us LOVE these cars, I know I do, but at times like this, we need to step back and realize it's just a car and it's completely replaceable. At least you're okay.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
lol yeah all you can do is laugh right? then you got out and it wasn't so funny right?.... i remember when i drifted my car into the woods about 30 FT i couldn't open the door because it had become one with a tree, so i crawled out of the pass window and got out to the road.. looking into the woods and seeing my car there with trees all over it and the extras i just started laughing.

LOW TRAC lol that's pretty funny when your looking into a ditch
lol yeah was thinking I might have to Dukes of Hazard it when I hit the ditch and started to slide over to the trees, just one of the many things running through my head in a split second.

I just got off the phone with the insurance and I had to explain (again) what damage I saw the car have. She said from the sound of it, the car is borderline totaled. I'm sure when the adjuster gets there tomorrow or so I'll be having a check come my way.

I'm not sure what car I will be getting next if it's totaled, it won't be a f-bod though. Not because I don't love these cars, I do but a change of scenery is nice. I'm thinking maybe C5 or Supra. Kinda leaning towards the Supra since my dad has a C5.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 560SL
BUT ITS SOM! You have to save it!
Yeah it sucks I loved the color and rarity (Especially T/As around here) but **** happens.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Oh man, that is awful I'm so sorry for your loss Most of us LOVE these cars, I know I do, but at times like this, we need to step back and realize it's just a car and it's completely replaceable. At least you're okay.
Yeah I'm fine but it would have been cool to have it roll over at least lol. Never been in a car that has rolled over, I'm sure it's an experience. I was never worried about myself getting hurt (for certain reasons) even when I thought I was going to take the telephone pole out. I was more worried about the damage to the car and how much it's going to be. I was going toward the ditch and though, "Yep this is going to be expensive".
Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

JB man im sorry to hear that i hope everything works out ok the main thing is you're alright. Hopefully the car isnt totaled and can be saved.

Side note : all i did was read the title before clicking on it and the first thought in my head was some punk *** 16 year old tryed to show off to his friends then i saw who the poster was and about **** myself
Old 10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damm that sucks. Hope you can save it.

I hit a possum about 2 weeks ago around 65/70 at 2 am and the SOB just popped out of nowhere. Cracked my bumper real bad but its underneath so you cant see it. I just glad i was able to keep it on the road because of a ditch on the side of the road.

Quick Reply: One less SOM WS6 on the road, I might have totaled it