General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Engine trouble with my daily driver HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Engine trouble with my daily driver HELP!

Just bought a 1989 mazda mx6 gt and it drives fine but when i turn it off to run into a store or something and then go out and try to start it up after about 10 minutes it starts but the rpms are all over the place and the check engine light blinks and then it stalls. It only does this once in a while. I just goit the car a few days ago and have no idea why it does this. The check engine light doesnt stay on long enough to run it for codes. And if it sits for like 30 minutes itll start back up and run fine. Please help with some suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my jeep did that when the throttle positioning sensor went out on it...but it always kept the check engine light on...another thing might be old plugs and wires...just an idea
Old 11-06-2007, 06:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My throttle sensor went out on my old ford taurus and would make my throttle do weird things. Usually it would speed up instead of drop after the engine had warmed up so it would idle at I'm guessing at least 2000 RPM from the sound of it. I could hit almost 40 without touching the gas pedal Turning it off then back on after the engine warmed up would usually correct it.

I'm guessing you have a throttle sensor issue.