General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What Are My Chances Against A 300srt-8

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Are My Chances Against A 300srt-8

theres a tool kid around here that wants to race me, he use to have a little skittle but now he just got a chrysler 300 srt-8, i think its an 06. There use to be a local guy here that had one with headers intake and 100 shot and it was pretty fast, and i know the car comes with good power from the factory. my mods are in my sig, and i would be running on 315 bfg drag radials from a dig. He "SAYS' hell havce slp longtubes and a predator tune when he comes out, i doubt it but wanna prepare for the worst.
Im just wondering if any of you guys have had experience racing these with similar power/mods that i do. Thanks! ill bolt on a 100 shot if n20 but only if I HAVE TO. but ide rather not...
Old 11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make him go from a roll, make him run your game. afterall he's the one chasing after you, right? i think thoes cars come from the factor rated at like 350hp? or 375. and i know that they are way heavier. then again a 150 shot never hurts.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kozak
make him go from a roll, make him run your game. afterall he's the one chasing after you, right? i think thoes cars come from the factor rated at like 350hp? or 375. and i know that they are way heavier. then again a 150 shot never hurts.
Actually they come 400/425 for power. You are thinking of the regular 5.7 hemis where as these are 6.1 hemis. These cars respond well to mods like intake and exhaust/headers. I think it will be a pretty decent race with you edging out the win by a car or two. Dont go from a role like the above stated. You are running 315 bfg drag radials and won't have any problem hooking up from a dig. Those srt8's are supposed to run low 13's bone stock so don't underestimate them. In order for you to beat this one, i'd have to say that you would need to run a mid to high 12. Hopefully i helped with your decision. And by the way a lil n2o won't hurt a ls1 lol. throw a 100 shot just to be safe or if you want to just absolutely destroy him.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I think you should post the results in the Kills section after the race.