General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

selling my trans am for a mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
heh, what do you expect? this is a GM-centric forum.

you go over to any ford site and post that you're leaving them for a GM vehicle, and you'll get the exact same thing....a TON of fanboys that act like you're a heretic for trying something different, lots of people who are ignorant & misinformed about what the competition has to offer, a few people who actually know something about both worlds and can be happy for someone getting what they want/like, and a couple of just completely random, stupid posts.

welcome to the internet! hope you enjoy your stay!
i don't know why you're all upset about my post, i wasn't bashing anything.

but you're right, i have personally never been behind the wheel of a cobra or a mach, but what does that matter? i like mach's and cobras, i just like the engine that came in the cobra a lot better (who wouldn't?).
Nope..not at all...sorry for not clarifying.......I used your post as an example that you had to point out the 'modular' thing. I agree with all that you have posted.

Originally Posted by VtecDis
heyy whats up brotha! how u been?! good seeing u here bro () correcting ppl when they dont know the facts. still hit up the Reg? i havent been there in ages...
WTF is up man.......how you doing?........Yeah........It's funny, you get someone wanting to know about stangs, I am always there to lend a hand. You toss an ignorant fool into the fire...all of a sudden, I am the *******.

Yep...I still hit up the reg....Not SCS too much. I hit up Bob on myspace......still on SVTP too.

Kick *** Fbod man...I love it.

Originally Posted by its turbo time
your absolutely right, but you've got to admit it gets old rehashing the same **** over and over in a new thread every week.
Yes.....it does get old. I agree.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mach engine's are exactly the same as a 03-04 cobra engine, just w/out the blower and forged internals.. but the funny thing is, slap the exact same Eaton blower on a Mach engine and it will put out more HP then the 03-04 cobra engine
Not really...the only thing they share is Heads, and crank (M5 mach). The block is Alum.

They use the same HyperUcrappy internals as the LS1's......with 10:1 CR......that high CR is why they make more power on teh same PSI as a cobra.....Cobra's only have 8.5:1CR.

BTW - Nice to see you went with something different.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Pretty Boy?........WOW......You have serious issues.
Like I stated in the other thread......which is it, they hang with you, or they are always in your rearview. You don't know **** about these cars and that is a FACT. Like any other young brand loyal moron.......You can't tell me anything outside of googling, about these cars.

Um.....NO.

You obviously don't know much about them either........I can sit here and produce a nice list of 'non-girl' stangs. (the 76-83 years will not be included )

Very true......10:1

HAHA...THIS post right here, takes the cake, and should be proof of the mods needing to close it.

Fact is.........90% of you have not been behind the wheel of the cars you bash.......any REAL time behind the wheel. You guys dont' even know what rearend is in the car in question, you don't know what type of motor it is (mod or otherwise)........I am surprised someone knew they came with 3650s. ALL of you that are bashing this car, don't know **** about it, and the proof is in your posts. I dont' go around bashing LS1s, cause I dont' have any real seat time in one. You all need to grow the **** up and stop being such bowtie nutswingers and learn to respect other cars.
What I love about pony, can I call you that? Pony?

What i love about pony is, he seems to know a lot about me, but has yet to meet me. I love the fact you think I'm brand loyal.

Buying a supra in about 6 months, thanks for knowing what the **** you are talking about though

And to 100% satisfy you, pony, they are always in my rearview.

I take back that they can hang with me. Going by your definition, they can't. Come to think of it, I really couldn't give a **** what it has, whether it be IRS or ******* popsicle sticks and rubber bands. Still slower than me.

May look nice under certain conditions (in my case, I would have to be tanked and high to think so).

And for the record pony, I wouldn't have needed to drive in one to bash it. It doesn't work like that.

I don't have to be in the military to praise the military, and I don't have to be a politician to criticize my local governor.

Jesus pony, sounds like someone sat on something long and hard, and has it lodged WAYYY up their ***

Cheers buddy!

You can also check my glorious refutation to your nut swinging in the other thread if you would be so kind.

Last edited by Gaunt; 11-18-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mach engine's are exactly the same as a 03-04 cobra engine, just w/out the blower and forged internals.. but the funny thing is, slap the exact same Eaton blower on a Mach engine and it will put out more HP then the 03-04 cobra engine
yeah, i know.....they're both 4v, same displacement, etc (althought the mach block is aluminum vs. iron for the cobra).....but the cobra engine is still better because of the forged internals.

yes, you will get a bit more power out of the Mach 1's non-forged engine because the internals on it are not as heavy as the forged internals of the cobra engine......but i'd rather have the heavier, forged parts.....i wouldn't trust a mach engine with a S/C (much the same way i wouldn't throw a S/C or turbo on a stock LS1), because i don't like rods punching a hole through the block.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Nope..not at all...sorry for not clarifying.......I used your post as an example that you had to point out the 'modular' thing. I agree with all that you have posted.
ah, i c.....you had me there for a minute
Old 11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gaunt
What I love about pony, can I call you that? Pony?

What i love about pony is, he seems to know a lot about me, but has yet to meet me. I love the fact you think I'm brand loyal.

Buying a supra in about 6 months, thanks for knowing what the **** you are talking about though

And to 100% satisfy you, pony, they are always in my rearview.

I take back that they can hang with me. Going by your definition, they can't. Come to think of it, I really couldn't give a **** what it has, whether it be IRS or ******* popsicle sticks and rubber bands. Still slower than me.

May look nice under certain conditions (in my case, I would have to be tanked and high to think so).

And for the record pony, I wouldn't have needed to drive in one to bash it. It doesn't work like that.

I don't have to be in the military to praise the military, and I don't have to be a politician to criticize my local governor.

Jesus pony, sounds like someone sat on something long and hard, and has it lodged WAYYY up their ***

Cheers buddy!
HAHA....spoken like a stereotypical 18 Yr. Old Twit.

Buying a Supra.....HAS NOTHING to do with being brand loyal to a GM product over a FMC product....in case you haven't noticed....that is the big 'issue'.......BTW - Have fun in that dyno queen.......I truly hope you do better than everyone else, and are able to see 11s with less than 800rwhp. Truly....OH wait...let me guess..........you are buying to *** race....ERR roll race.

Sorry Special Ed...I have a hard time believing you leave all machs in the rearview...then again...IT COULD be that they had an A4....or....you are modded and they are stock.......BUT, I am more inclined to believe you actual beat 99-04 GT's...given your high amount of ignorance on the topic at hand. I'm willing to bet you actually think the GTs and machs are the same....can you tell me the difference?....NOPE.

Not being in the military and having the ability to praise them, is a completely DIFFERENT aspect....once you grow up, and mature...U'll realize that. Fact is, you don't know **** about machs, so to bash them like you are is rediculous. I would love to hear your explenation of how a mach isn't on par with an LS fbod....and I mean...REAL DATA...not opinions.

I will say this.......I do hope you keep beating those GT's.......keepin' fightin' the good fight ole chap.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, i know.....they're both 4v, same displacement, etc (althought the mach block is aluminum vs. iron for the cobra).....but the cobra engine is still better because of the forged internals.

yes, you will get a bit more power out of the Mach 1's non-forged engine because the internals on it are not as heavy as the forged internals of the cobra engine......but i'd rather have the heavier, forged parts.....i wouldn't trust a mach engine with a S/C (much the same way i wouldn't throw a S/C or turbo on a stock LS1), because i don't like rods punching a hole through the block.
See below.
Not really...the only thing they share is Heads, and crank (M5 mach). The block is Alum.

They use the same HyperUcrappy internals as the LS1's......with 10:1 CR......that high CR is why they make more power on teh same PSI as a cobra.....Cobra's only have 8.5:1CR.

BTW - Nice to see you went with something different.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

HAHA....spoken like a stereotypical 18 Yr. Old Twit.

Buying a Supra.....HAS NOTHING to do with being brand loyal to a GM product over a FMC product....in case you haven't noticed....that is the big 'issue'.......BTW - Have fun in that dyno queen.......I truly hope you do better than everyone else, and are able to see 11s with less than 800rwhp. Truly....OH wait...let me guess..........you are buying to *** race....ERR roll race.

Sorry Special Ed...I have a hard time believing you leave all machs in the rearview...then again...IT COULD be that they had an A4....or....you are modded and they are stock.......BUT, I am more inclined to believe you actual beat 99-04 GT's...given your high amount of ignorance on the topic at hand. I'm willing to bet you actually think the GTs and machs are the same....can you tell me the difference?....NOPE.

Not being in the military and having the ability to praise them, is a completely DIFFERENT aspect....once you grow up, and mature...U'll realize that. Fact is, you don't know **** about machs, so to bash them like you are is rediculous. I would love to hear your explenation of how a mach isn't on par with an LS fbod....and I mean...REAL DATA...not opinions.

I will say this.......I do hope you keep beating those GT's.......keepin' fightin' the good fight ole chap.
Clarify how buying a Toyota Supra is being brand loyal to GM.

Please... enlighten me. I am sure some forum members would like to hear your commentary on that one.

Also, good job on presenting yourself like an uneducated dolt.

Surprisingly, much to your chagrin I hope, I can actually tell the difference between a Mustang GT and a Mach.

Yeah I know, let that soak in...got it pony?

Raced 3 machs in my f-body's career, two of the races were bone stock mach, to my bone stock camaro. One was an A4 yeah, and the other *gasp* manual. Both dig races. I don't suppose having it plastered on the side, let alone the owners letting me know before hand what they were clued me in that they were the real deal. They did put up a good fight (I know you take issue with my definition on that ,but it's ok some people have different views than you pony).

Third race was when I got my ORX put on... Mach had some Mack midpipe something or other... Kind of hard to hear on the highway (he was A4, but so am I) what his mods were... in the end it didn't matter. Identical ending to the mach I raced before, except fatter driver.

All in all, it felt good raping those mustangs, and I will do it again next time I get hit up for a race. It's not like I'm a douche bag either when it comes to racing mustangs/imports/fbods..etc Usually everyone tags along on a big Friday night dinner and track night.

I applaud your splendid theory on me racing GTs with mistaken identity. A for effort Pony, nice try.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

oops, yeah....that, too

but the lighter internals do help a little.....
Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 AM

I'm no homer for GM products. If you looked at my sig you would see that I own a "competitor" truck...and have owned two other Powerstrokes. In fact, I have owned 3 GT Mustangs...most recently a Silver/Crimson '05 GT coupe. Furthermore, I work for Ford Motor Co. It is my responsibility to know the product that we produce. I like the looks of the 03/04 Mach's, 69/70 stangs, and who can hate on the termi's. Aside from those cars, everything else is VERY ordinary. My overwhelming preference is the F-body platform.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Reading all of this almost made me forget what this thread was about. Anyways, congrats on whatever vehicle you get. I'm a Chevyman, as goes for all of you out there bashing on Ford, why? I know this is a GM site, but still, the truth is, there is some fast *** Mustangs out there, whether you all want to believe it or not. It may take more money to get the same amount of power, but who cares. There's always going to be some1 faster out there. Whether it be the car, driver or both, I don't care who you are, you aren't going to win every battle. Eventually, some1 will knock you off your pedestal.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HFLDtA
Im not try to start trouble, just goin by the facts. Im pissed that GM quit making the Firebird/Camaro. Obviously, GM made other great cars, like the solstice. I am not comparing the solstice because its a 4 cyl. I dont care how fast it is because solstice/sky=RICE! GM doesnt have a RWD V8 sports car to compete with the Mustang GT (again, dont ****** compare it to a vette. the vette is on a different level)! "Doesnt anyone see this I feel like im taking crazy pills"! The GTO was a disgrace! Most of the people on here would like GM to have a competitive RWD V8 that is closely matched to the GT (like the 98-02's)!
yea its rice let me tell.....its going to be the domestic rx7 to ls swaps they already have one with an lsx block blown that puts down almost 800 to the ground full interior, ac, and power steering......and by the way even when the lt1 and ls1 fbodies where being made they never had more power than the them until 03 with the terminator
Old 11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,666 Likes on 1,193 Posts

This one has run it's course.