General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

selling my trans am for a mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My girlfriend drives a 06 mustang gt, its a nice girls car you can change the colors of your gauges. As for performance its peppy but no where near as quick as my f-body. Now i have to agree modded mustang exhausts do sound great and the mach 1 isnt a bad car i just dont think its comparable to a ls1 equipped car.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

If the Mach 1 would have came with a DOHC 5.4L it wouldn't even be a discussion. Ford really fucked up not using the 5.4L 3V/4V in the current Mustang.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im not try to start trouble, just goin by the facts. Im pissed that GM quit making the Firebird/Camaro. Obviously, GM made other great cars, like the solstice. I am not comparing the solstice because its a 4 cyl. I dont care how fast it is because solstice/sky=RICE! GM doesnt have a RWD V8 sports car to compete with the Mustang GT (again, dont ****** compare it to a vette. the vette is on a different level)! "Doesnt anyone see this I feel like im taking crazy pills"! The GTO was a disgrace! Most of the people on here would like GM to have a competitive RWD V8 that is closely matched to the GT (like the 98-02's)!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MACH1s are the ****! great cars
Old 11-18-2007, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

The Mach's are nice cars, for a ford anyway. And you know this one will end up locked like any other thread with a referance to a Mach 1 in the title.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Not a great decision at all.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I like the Mach's and the Cobra's just fine 2 but I think the LS motors are superior to the Mod 4.6, Especially bang for buck. As stated in my previous post. So I wasn't hating on Fords earlier, just the way that guy threw the big bad 422 whp SC Mach out there. Like that's a hard # to hit.
KB + tuning. $7000

Ms3ish... springs retainers timing chain..... 900$

hell you could by a few ls1s with the money left over.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

nice man, ull love it.. sounds better then an LS1 IMO, until we put a cam in that is i still miss mine. i had a Torch Red '03 Mach... when i have extra $$$ im going to get another.. and keep my WS6 as a DD
Old 11-18-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HFLDtA
Im not try to start trouble, just goin by the facts. Im pissed that GM quit making the Firebird/Camaro. Obviously, GM made other great cars, like the solstice. I am not comparing the solstice because its a 4 cyl. I dont care how fast it is because solstice/sky=RICE!
With a statement like that you are either
a.) here to start trouble
b.) retarded
c.) both
"Rice" = non functional tacky things that usually hurt performance. I.E. big heavy spinner wheels, tacky body kits, wings that are just bolted to the trunk, etc etc. The Solstice/Sky is none of the above, they are tasteful little sports cars that are meant to compete with the Miata. If you want to talk about rice look at the SN95 GTs that had fake hood scoops...
GM doesnt have a RWD V8 sports car to compete with the Mustang GT (again, dont ****** compare it to a vette. the vette is on a different level)! "Doesnt anyone see this I feel like im taking crazy pills"! The GTO was a disgrace! Most of the people on here would like GM to have a competitive RWD V8 that is closely matched to the GT (like the 98-02's)!
And at the moment Ford doesnt make any sports cars. Yeah, Im going to be picky, sports cars do not have solid rear axles and back seats.
The GTO, when it was still being made was more than enough competition for the Mustang in performance and driving experience. It was quicker, braked better, and handled better too (especially on less than perfect roads). Its only real downfall was its looks, which didn't fit the "GTO" name.
Yeah, I dont think anyone would disagree that GM should have a V8 muscle car to compete with the mustang, and they will in 2008-09.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, guys, but I am jumping ship, too. Buying an 03 Snake this week. Always have fond memories of my WS6.

The Machs are nice, too. They run pretty stout.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mach 1's are so great a lightly modded LT1 can put them in the rear view lol..
Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSWS6
I thought that the Mach 1 had IRS too.

And to the original poster, who cares what anyone thinks just get what you want, but don't expect people here to agree with your decision. We're obviously LS1 junkies or we wouldn't be here.
nope, they had a solid rear axle....at least according to what i've been able to find in a search online
Old 11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sideways240sx
The modular motor is alright, but 4 v cobra motor is definatly better.
you do know that the 4v cobra motor is a modular motor, right? it doesn't matter if it was a 2v or a 4v for those years, they are all still modular motors.

but yes, the cobra motor is better because it has the forged internals, whereas the rest of the motors (including the mach) did not.....and of course, because it came stock with the S/C on it....
Old 11-18-2007, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by green28
The Mach's are nice cars, for a ford anyway. And you know this one will end up locked like any other thread with a referance to a Mach 1 in the title.
god i hope your right, the mustang vs. lsx car threads are getting out of hand. they almost need there own separate board on tech
Old 11-18-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Oh my, touched a nerve did I pretty boy?

As for my "knowledge" of machs, I don't really need much knowledge of them to start with.

They end up in my rear-view mirror regardless.

And while I'm at it, we don't need your useless posts confirming that the mach IS indeed quick, but slower than the ls1.

kthx.
Pretty Boy?........WOW......You have serious issues.
Like I stated in the other thread......which is it, they hang with you, or they are always in your rearview. You don't know **** about these cars and that is a FACT. Like any other young brand loyal moron.......You can't tell me anything outside of googling, about these cars.

Originally Posted by SSWS6
I thought that the Mach 1 had IRS too.

And to the original poster, who cares what anyone thinks just get what you want, but don't expect people here to agree with your decision. We're obviously LS1 junkies or we wouldn't be here.
Um.....NO.

Originally Posted by Rowin Gearz
I can understand wanting to switch cars, but I would not have given up a WS6 for a Mach. The Vette is the next logical upgrade from the f-body. Like many people here i've had both f-bodies and 'stangs. To me there is no comparison. The f-bodies are true drivers cars w/ a ton of potential. The Mustangs, outside of the 03/04 Cobras, are the same thing they have been since they were intorduced in '64...GIRL CARS.
You obviously don't know much about them either........I can sit here and produce a nice list of 'non-girl' stangs. (the 76-83 years will not be included )

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Shut your mouth bitch ****, mach 1's are NO WHERE NEAR 11:1 compression.
Very true......10:1

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
you do know that the 4v cobra motor is a modular motor, right? it doesn't matter if it was a 2v or a 4v for those years, they are all still modular motors.

but yes, the cobra motor is better because it has the forged internals, whereas the rest of the motors (including the mach) did not.....and of course, because it came stock with the S/C on it....
HAHA...THIS post right here, takes the cake, and should be proof of the mods needing to close it.

Fact is.........90% of you have not been behind the wheel of the cars you bash.......any REAL time behind the wheel. You guys dont' even know what rearend is in the car in question, you don't know what type of motor it is (mod or otherwise)........I am surprised someone knew they came with 3650s. ALL of you that are bashing this car, don't know **** about it, and the proof is in your posts. I dont' go around bashing LS1s, cause I dont' have any real seat time in one. You all need to grow the **** up and stop being such bowtie nutswingers and learn to respect other cars.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by its turbo time
god i hope your right, the mustang vs. lsx car threads are getting out of hand. they almost need there own separate board on tech
heh, what do you expect? this is a GM-centric forum.

you go over to any ford site and post that you're leaving them for a GM vehicle, and you'll get the exact same thing....a TON of fanboys that act like you're a heretic for trying something different, lots of people who are ignorant & misinformed about what the competition has to offer, a few people who actually know something about both worlds and can be happy for someone getting what they want/like, and a couple of just completely random, stupid posts.

welcome to the internet! hope you enjoy your stay!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Pretty Boy?........WOW......You have serious issues.
Like I stated in the other thread......which is it, they hang with you, or they are always in your rearview. You don't know **** about these cars and that is a FACT. Like any other young brand loyal moron.......You can't tell me anything outside of googling, about these cars.

Um.....NO.

You obviously don't know much about them either........I can sit here and produce a nice list of 'non-girl' stangs. (the 76-83 years will not be included )

Very true......10:1

HAHA...THIS post right here, takes the cake, and should be proof of the mods needing to close it.

Fact is.........90% of you have not been behind the wheel of the cars you bash.......any REAL time behind the wheel. You guys dont' even know what rearend is in the car in question, you don't know what type of motor it is (mod or otherwise)........I am surprised someone knew they came with 3650s. ALL of you that are bashing this car, don't know **** about it, and the proof is in your posts. I dont' go around bashing LS1s, cause I dont' have any real seat time in one. You all need to grow the **** up and stop being such bowtie nutswingers and learn to respect other cars.

heyy whats up brotha! how u been?! good seeing u here bro () correcting ppl when they dont know the facts. still hit up the Reg? i havent been there in ages...
Old 11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ponygt65

i don't know why you're all upset about my post, i wasn't bashing anything.

but you're right, i have personally never been behind the wheel of a cobra or a mach, but what does that matter? i like mach's and cobras, i just like the engine that came in the cobra a lot better (who wouldn't?).
Old 11-18-2007, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

heh, what do you expect? this is a GM-centric forum.

you go over to any ford site and post that you're leaving them for a GM vehicle, and you'll get the exact same thing....a TON of fanboys that act like you're a heretic for trying something different, lots of people who are ignorant & misinformed about what the competition has to offer, a few people who actually know something about both worlds and can be happy for someone getting what they want/like, and a couple of just completely random, stupid posts.

welcome to the internet! hope you enjoy your stay!
your absolutely right, but you've got to admit it gets old rehashing the same **** over and over in a new thread every week.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

i don't know why you're all upset about my post, i wasn't bashing anything.

but you're right, i have personally never been behind the wheel of a cobra or a mach, but what does that matter? i like mach's and cobras, i just like the engine that came in the cobra a lot better (who wouldn't?).
Mach engine's are exactly the same as a 03-04 cobra engine, just w/out the blower and forged internals.. but the funny thing is, slap the exact same Eaton blower on a Mach engine and it will put out more HP then the 03-04 cobra engine