General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Teaching a 90min class about Fbodies!!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007 | 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Default Teaching a 90min class about Fbodies!!?!

For a final project in one of my classes I have to teach for 90 minutes on any subject. I am thinking about teaching the History of the Fbody(or about Fbodies in general) since I know a few things about these cars. Im not exactly sure if Im am going to use that as my topic or not.
I wanted to see what all Fbod fans thought about it, and if you had any ideas for the class. I know I will be making a powerpoint presentation and giving a test at the end of the presentation.

Do you think that would make an intresting class??
Any ideas, suggestions and input is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 11-28-2007 | 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Well since your interested in f-bodies it should make the project ALOT easier to do. Since most normal people dont know what an f body is, maybe try a different tittle to the project?
Old 11-28-2007 | 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Talk about how F-bodies dominate all...period!
Old 11-28-2007 | 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Also, make sure to include some photos of nude chicks on top of f-bodies, that will win the class over!
Old 11-28-2007 | 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

and mullets! www.ratemymullet.com
On The Tree

hahahahahahaha yea i wish i could do that and even take the class on a feild trip to the parkin lot and show them some real donuts with a naked chick in the car
TECH Enthusiast

do 90minutes over the Ford vs GM argument...
Old 11-28-2007 | 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TA1364
Well since your interested in f-bodies it should make the project ALOT easier to do. Since most normal people dont know what an f body is, maybe try a different tittle to the project?

Yea thats a good point, ill also be sure to explain what an fbody is/means.
Old 11-28-2007 | 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
do 90minutes over the Ford vs GM argument...
that would def. help kill some of the 90 minutes with all the debate
Old 11-28-2007 | 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you want to get rid of that powerpoint when your through? I think I will have something like this coming up soon haha
Old 11-28-2007 | 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by colby72olds
Do you want to get rid of that powerpoint when your through? I think I will have something like this coming up soon haha
hahahaha oh yea i can hook it up ill shoot you a pm when im done with it or you can pm me your email address and ill hook it up
Old 11-28-2007 | 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds good haha, it seems like it'll be a cool project. I really would like to see it though.....for "learning purposes"
Old 11-28-2007 | 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

must be a small class???
Old 11-28-2007 | 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

history of the f-body will eat up a good chunk of time

I'd do a brief history, have a timeline of important developments/changes/famous vehicles, but a nice focus on the LS1, it's underrated nature, the mod community, strengths and weaknesses would be a nice mix. I think the best eye openers would be how much the f-body does share with other fast cars, ie same engine as the vette, similar transmission to a viper (I mention viper internals of the transmission and to kids their like WHOA)...
Old 11-28-2007 | 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would think 90 minutes on F-bodies would be interesting to about two people in the class, including you.

How about something everybody can use...like fuel savings as it relates to driving your F-b, then broadening it out to each person and their own car, then touch on the general idea of Frugality (past and future) in everyday life, and then finish up with how Frugality can be useful to individuals/societies/gov't/world.

You asked for ideas. There's one.
Old 11-28-2007 | 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

keep your idea about the f-body presentation, you can BS it if you need and no one will ever know haha.
I did a paper on C6 compared to C6 Z06, my instructor had no idea what I was talking about....it was awesome.
Old 11-28-2007 | 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by apex1
must be a small class???
yeah theres only 12 students in the class

Originally Posted by SladeX
history of the f-body will eat up a good chunk of time

I'd do a brief history, have a timeline of important developments/changes/famous vehicles, but a nice focus on the LS1, it's underrated nature, the mod community, strengths and weaknesses would be a nice mix. I think the best eye openers would be how much the f-body does share with other fast cars, ie same engine as the vette, similar transmission to a viper (I mention viper internals of the transmission and to kids their like WHOA)...
definetly a good idea thats kind of what i was planning on doing.

Originally Posted by Mr Incredible
I would think 90 minutes on F-bodies would be interesting to about two people in the class, including you.

How about something everybody can use...like fuel savings as it relates to driving your F-b, then broadening it out to each person and their own car, then touch on the general idea of Frugality (past and future) in everyday life, and then finish up with how Frugality can be useful to individuals/societies/gov't/world.

You asked for ideas. There's one.
Yeah, I was also trying to think of ways to make the presentation more appealing to everybody. Although I really dont know much about Frugality but i guess i can google and research.

great input everybody keep it coming
Old 11-28-2007 | 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by colby72olds
keep your idea about the f-body presentation, you can BS it if you need and no one will ever know haha.
I did a paper on C6 compared to C6 Z06, my instructor had no idea what I was talking about....it was awesome.

hahahaha yeah my instructor isnt a car guy either
Old 11-28-2007 | 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

you have to include some video clips and picture for sure. go to youtube and get some of the completion videos that have tons of them in there. i have a bunch of good compelation vids that i've saved from others,and some of my own if you want best options. start it off with this video though, i think it's pefect for a start or use at least the opening untell the part for the f-body lives. http://youtube.com/watch?v=XYMPl485KFw....this vids good, but 3 mins in is a really good one to show your class with the burn out http://youtube.com/watch?v=nM2kgrRuRyE... the first half of this video is great, maybe use the second half to if you please, but first half i think gives a good example of them http://youtube.com/watch?v=wCp01n50Lao

i have plenty more if you want me to get some together for you?
Old 11-28-2007 | 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
you have to include some video clips and picture for sure. go to youtube and get some of the completion videos that have tons of them in there. i have a bunch of good compelation vids that i've saved from others,and some of my own if you want best options. start it off with this video though, i think it's pefect for a start or use at least the opening untell the part for the f-body lives. http://youtube.com/watch?v=XYMPl485KFw....this vids good, but 3 mins in is a really good one to show your class with the burn out http://youtube.com/watch?v=nM2kgrRuRyE... the first half of this video is great, maybe use the second half to if you please, but first half i think gives a good example of them http://youtube.com/watch?v=wCp01n50Lao

i have plenty more if you want me to get some together for you?
Yea I could definetly use a video or two I might use some of those
Thanks man