General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help Me Make Decision! Keep My 00 WS6 or Trade it for a 99-02 ls1 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you driven any yet? make sure you go out and get a good feel for them. When I bought my SS I was out looking for Vettes and F-Bodys. I ended up with my SS. I was not all that impressed with the Vettes except with one ZO6 to be honest. Overly cramped and not really any faster....BUT I will say it like the rest....If its a ZO6...maybe...otherwise, keep the WS6
Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Teching In

I always liked the ws6 and I would think hard about moving to a Corvette. Like most people have said if you are thinking about changing over, then go for a z06 because it is world of difference between the C5 and the C5zo6. It also depends on how you plan on using the car as well. For straight line perfomance keep the Ws6 and mod it up and you will be good to go. The z06 is a road monster and can take turns like a champ. Just know you will feel every bump on the road and can cost more to repair with all those stupid little computer problems that tend to show up. Either way you can't really lose, but I just love the lines on my zo6 and the attention it gets.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it depends on what you want to do with the car

I sold my z28 and bought a c5, and then went back to a formula. I loved my C5. It was beautiful, comfortable, quick and handled great, it was superior to my f-body in every way. However, it just wasn't that practical for daily driving (and it was black, dumb idea!). Since I go to the horse barn every day, I felt guilty about it being dusty all the time, and it was a pain to exercise extreme caution to not get it dirty on the inside.

Plus, I always run a lot of errands...groceries, post office, etc and it was always very nerve racking to leave it in the parking lot, even far away from everyone. I bought the formula and started driving that every day, and drove my vette less and less. Eventually I just let it go. Later on in my life when I have more free time, I will not hesitate to get another c5. But for right now, my formula is a lot more practical, and I don't want to cry every time it gets dinged in the parking lot.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

ws6 f.t.w.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was on the Corvette bandwagon last spring, I almost sold my car many times but couldn't do it. I test drove a lot of z06s and regular C5, and my dad has a C5 convertible so I believe I have experience with them. If you want to get into autocross competitions, get the Vette. If just wanting a fast straight line car, keep your car.

The C5 is nicer and better than an F-body hands down, but the price difference just isn't worth it to me. The best thing I like about a C5 is the interior, it's a little step up.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _JB_
I was on the Corvette bandwagon last spring, I almost sold my car many times but couldn't do it. I test drove a lot of z06s and regular C5, and my dad has a C5 convertible so I believe I have experience with them. If you want to get into autocross competitions, get the Vette. If just wanting a fast straight line car, keep your car.

The C5 is nicer and better than an F-body hands down, but the price difference just isn't worth it to me. The best thing I like about a C5 is the interior, it's a little step up.
Nobody could of worded it any better
Old 12-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Talking

I had a 78 firebird for my first car. I will never forget that car! Now I own an 04 vette. Why make a choice? I say get a vette, keep the bird. Start a collection!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

After doing a little more reaearch and hearing what you guys have to say, i think ill keep the WS6 and start modding soon. IM looking to be a full bolt on cam only in the next year or so. IM eager to see how much of a differnce in feel there will be in going from my current 310rwhp to a little over 400rwhp.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cvaught
After doing a little more reaearch and hearing what you guys have to say, i think ill keep the WS6 and start modding soon. IM looking to be a full bolt on cam only in the next year or so. IM eager to see how much of a differnce in feel there will be in going from my current 310rwhp to a little over 400rwhp.
Good choice.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Having experience with both(98 ws6 ta/02 vette z51). I love the vette. It's just a nicer car and more fun to drive. What's faster? Well the vette is stock a4 and the TA has a few bolt ons m6. On the motor from a roll the trans am has no problem leaving on the vette with passangers in the ta and only 1 person in the vette. Trust me, just tried this a couple months ago. 50-135mph. But the vette has better road feel, better response etc etc it just feels more solid on the road. I think my trans am is very sexy car, it's low, blacked out windows sits nice and is in great shape. It looks mean as hell and get's alot of looks and sounds good. But in the vette all I get is rubber necks, thumbs up, chicks blowing kisses etc etc. Not that any of that matters to me but it is pretty cool.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cvaught
Good plan. I'm going be putting a cam in my WS6 in the spring. You are in Lafayette, right? Maybe we'll swap tools and/or help if you are interested.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you only live once so do what your hearts is telling you.

I wanted a vette or a ws6 only and seeing what I could buy vette wise I wasnt getting a low mileage excellent condition one. so i got a ws6 in the color, options, and price I wanted to spend. vette's at the time were around 24k or so. I got my ws6 for 19k and only had 20k to spend in cash.

If i could of found a pewter / gray targo top 6 speed c5 with low miles and all stock I would of bought it, but I lost interest in searching and kept up on looking for ws6s. I always just wanted a 2 seater car since having 4 seats in my fbodies I dont even use the back seats really. I could go either way ws6s are mean looking for sure but as said vettes have just that "look" as well.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Have you driven any yet? make sure you go out and get a good feel for them. When I bought my SS I was out looking for Vettes and F-Bodys. I ended up with my SS. I was not all that impressed with the Vettes except with one ZO6 to be honest. Overly cramped and not really any faster....BUT I will say it like the rest....If its a ZO6...maybe...otherwise, keep the WS6
Cramped there is more leg room in a C5 or C6 Vette than a F body ...
Old 12-10-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Alot more leg room in a c5 than a TA.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Along with more head room. Being 6'6 sucks but i fit perfectly in the C6
Old 12-10-2007, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

WS6 hands down...they look so mean
Old 12-11-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I picked up an '02 Z51 Coupe this past summer (low miles, garage kept) but I still have my Z28. The Corvette seats are fully electric and you can wrap the bolsters around you nice and snug. Then you can adjust the lumbar to the perfect position and then you can tilt the seats or move them forward and back, and then the steering wheel is telescopic (also electric) and then you can hit the memory button and save the whole configuration in case you ever move it. And then the thing rides so nice, even with the Active Handling in the performance position on top of the Z51 supspension, blah, blah, blah- I love the interior on the vette. But I still enjoy driving the Z28 even though it feels like a brick by comparison (the Corvette feels like a feather)- the Z is still faster than the vette but not quicker (or nimbler). The vette will be faster soon enough.

My 2 cents.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

dude just do what you want. no one else is gonna live with the decision but you. you have to drive it everyday not any of us. so if you want that look were people are like i bet that has some ***** id go ws6. but if you want that envious look then id go c5. but its all up to you. plus i think insurance is cheaper on a c5.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
Having both in the family (00 ws6 and 00 c5) I like both but the only thing I would trade mine for is a Z06. There is somehing about being seen i a Vette that catches peoples eye for some reason :-) The Vette has comfort and is more of a "high class" car but the Ws6 to me just looks mean, but I say if its anything but a Z06 keep the T/a.
You got it on the nose. I sold my TA to get a vette even though we already have a FI vett(I dont really get to drive that one). Regular vette= not a much fun as a FI vette therefor not worth selling the car I loved. 6 months after I bought the vette I was trying to sell it and got another TA I just love how mean they look (and this is going to be a heads cam car so its going to sound pissed too). I did get a lot of looks in the vette though

Lauren
Old 12-13-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was thinking of trading in my z28 for a c5 but I desided to keep it and to get a C6 later

Quick Reply: Help Me Make Decision! Keep My 00 WS6 or Trade it for a 99-02 ls1 Corvette