General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

HELP! Totalled SS, Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You need receipts to show the insurance company to up the value of the car. Modifications are covered you just need to show proof of value

7k and you keep the car is about right for a 99. I had an accident and they wanted tyo toal instead of reapir just due to cost I told them no and showed them all my recepits. They paid to fix it.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a V8 f body bringsd big bucks at IAA and Adesa Impact. a 2000 t/a DEMOLISHED in the front with no hope of repair with 76k miles brought 7k
Old 12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also......how many miles were on the car? was there any prior damage? we would give $11k for a stock 80K mile 99 ss, if that helps you at all. maybe he has some limits issues with his policy. if thats the case have your ins handle it.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

COURT! sue his inssurance for the total amount of the car, the aggravation him and his insurance caused you and you lawyer fee's. if he was drunk your judge will grant you almost whatever you want.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man...Im all for sueing... or beating the **** out of someone who total losses anyone elses car due to their own stupidity. But I will say this from experience, you will never win over the insurance company. The insurance company pays people to **** you out of your $$$.Your dealing with a billion dollar industry. You and I both dont have enough cash to fight the system. As much as I hate to say it, you kinda have to take what they give you and deal with it.

That dosen't stop you from finding where this dipshit lives and breaking his jaw!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

so i'm assuming that they caught the guy, which is how you know he had insurance and was drunk? if so, at least the POS will have a DWI on his record now, and will be going through a lot of **** on his own as well.

but yeah, don't let his ins. co. **** you out of the real value of your car. if you have a good insurance company, you need to get with them to get fair market value, and let them go after this drunk piece of ****'s ins. co. to get their money back.

if your ins. co. won't do that, then you have no choice but to:

1) eat it and take what they give you, or
2) sue his drunk *** for the remainder of the value of your car, plus any lawyer's fees, court costs, and medical bills (if any)
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 408z28
But I will say this from experience, you will never win over the insurance company. The insurance company pays people to **** you out of your $$$.Your dealing with a billion dollar industry. You and I both dont have enough cash to fight the system. As much as I hate to say it, you kinda have to take what they give you and deal with it.
that's exactly what they're hoping people will think, which is why many people get fucked over.

if your insurance company is a good one, they will give you the money that you are owed, then seek compensation themselves from the other guy's insurance company.

if you get screwed out of your money because your ins. co. is a POS, then i guess it's time to switch companies. just like with everything else, you get what you pay for. you cheap out on your ins. co., and your chances for getting screwed over increase by a lot.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
also......how many miles were on the car? was there any prior damage? we would give $11k for a stock 80K mile 99 ss, if that helps you at all. maybe he has some limits issues with his policy. if thats the case have your ins handle it.

this guy knows what hes talking about!
because I am in college and low on time and money.... I would work a deal with his INS company to give me money enough to buy the same exact car stock with the same miles. maybe 14-15 for another decent ss or z28 and swap the parts out. If you do it right, you will come out with some money in the end after parting the rest of the car out.

chances are going to court will take forever..... thats just what I would do though. If you have the time and will power go after him in court.... or simply let your INS company pay you and collect the funds. Like 00silverGTP said, it wont raise your rates.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Launching!

i ******* hate hispanic individuals like that...gives every "mexican" a bad rep.....it gives people the right like black mamba to talk thier ****..

Last edited by 35thANNIz28; 12-07-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tainted
a V8 f body bringsd big bucks at IAA and Adesa Impact. a 2000 t/a DEMOLISHED in the front with no hope of repair with 76k miles brought 7k
i bought my totalled 2002 z28 conv. for the exact price of 4800..not bad for a semi low mileage sports car..[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Launching!

yeah ..i know ..its fucked up that i got firebird wheels..i wonder what were the originals
Old 12-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
that's exactly what they're hoping people will think, which is why many people get fucked over.

if your insurance company is a good one, they will give you the money that you are owed, then seek compensation themselves from the other guy's insurance company.

if you get screwed out of your money because your ins. co. is a POS, then i guess it's time to switch companies. just like with everything else, you get what you pay for. you cheap out on your ins. co., and your chances for getting screwed over increase by a lot.
The reason that insurance companies have 60 story buildings and advertise 26 comercials during the superbowl is not from being everybodies friend...its from ******* the average joe in the ***! Thats a fact of life.

My point was....yes, in a perfect world they SHOULD give you what you pay god awful amounts for every month when you pay the bill. But sadly...9 out of 10 times they find a loop hole, and say " you didn't have drunk mexican coverage on your policy" and they will pay the least amount possible.

By the way(to the op).......I hope you get everything strait, dealing with other people when you dont have a ride is a bitch. Hope they catch the guy and he is held responsible. Or...I hope they give you his name and address. Then you can go to his house and go Chuck Norris on that ***!

Last edited by 408z28; 12-07-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man that sucks but that's an EASY fix. I'd go right to my own insurance company and tell them he is trying to f*ck you. if they will do it they can go after him and get it from his company. They have more arguing power then you do. It's sad but it's true.~Cole~
Old 12-07-2007, 05:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well, if i was you, My neck would suddenly start hurting if they didnt give you what you wanted for the car.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:20 AM
TECH Addict

Wow he rear ended you bad huh? So they are trying to low-ball and screw you? Didnt you say your back and neck are hurting...
Old 12-07-2007, 07:38 AM
11 Second Club

That sucks man. I would get your insurance company involved and let them fight for every last penny you are entitled to. Like others have said it won't cause your rates to go up.

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
well, let me give me input since I work for "the insurance company". I am a claims adjuster and this is what I do.
I have a question for you if you don't mind. How does a insurance company handle a heavily moddified car? For example, lets say someone has a LS1 with heads, MS3 cam, LT's, ORY, ect and they get in an accident that was thier fault.

Now techniqually this car is not street legal (cam is not emmission friendly and LT's with ORY violate a federal law). Do you fix the car and give a handshake, fix the car and drop the client or say sorry you are SOL for making a non-street legal car and driving it on the street?

I'm just curious.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Banned

One big misconception here is that his insurance company will back him up and get all they can for him. That is a JOKE! They are in business to make money. They dont make money from the other guys company they make it from their own customers.

Insurance companies play a handshake game that most of the general public has no clue about. You reallty think one insurance company is going to sue another?? It's in their best interest not to. They all have customers who hit each others customers. If they were all cut-throat and tried to get all they could it would work against them all the time. They'll come to an arraingment to make the insurance companies happy and nothing more.

lawsuit?? please. You ever try and sue and insurance company? Unless you have very deep pockets you dont stand a chance.

Your best and only bet are the receipts oif the parts and work that you've done.

My wide got hit in a parking lot. She was waiting in line to get out when someone just back up into her. Insurance company assigned here 30% of the blame because she was there even though there was nothing she did wrong at all.

Its all about rates. Get a tckiet they raise you rate. Get in an accident they raise your rate. Get 30% they'll add that to another % to raise your rate.

Insurance companies work together even though they have different names. Its in thier best interest.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
One big misconception here is that his insurance company will back him up and get all they can for him. That is a JOKE! They are in business to make money. They dont make money from the other guys company they make it from their own customers.

Insurance companies play a handshake game that most of the general public has no clue about. You reallty think one insurance company is going to sue another?? It's in their best interest not to. They all have customers who hit each others customers. If they were all cut-throat and tried to get all they could it would work against them all the time. They'll come to an arraingment to make the insurance companies happy and nothing more.

lawsuit?? please. You ever try and sue and insurance company? Unless you have very deep pockets you dont stand a chance.

Your best and only bet are the receipts oif the parts and work that you've done.

My wide got hit in a parking lot. She was waiting in line to get out when someone just back up into her. Insurance company assigned here 30% of the blame because she was there even though there was nothing she did wrong at all.

Its all about rates. Get a tckiet they raise you rate. Get in an accident they raise your rate. Get 30% they'll add that to another % to raise your rate.

Insurance companies work together even though they have different names. Its in thier best interest.
I agree with most of this, but not totally. I have had my insurance company go to bat for me in the past. I had some jackass rearend my Miata, driving drunk(he was Mexican too and tried to run, but I caught him), in his boss's truck. His boss had insurance for others to drive his vehicles for the company, but not drunk. They tried to deny the claim. We finally got them to pay the claim, but they tried to say I was 30% at fault because I was driving a small car with good brakes and stopped to fast. I WAS TURNING FOR CRIPES SAKE, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO TURN AT FULL SPEED??????? I got my insurance involved and they actually got me 30% more than it cost to fix and a rental while mine was in the shop. They threatened a lawsuit supposedly.

I guess it just depends on your insurance.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

if nothing else...gut thecar...strip it down to nothing and then locate this ***** and sue him individually...keep your 7K if thats all they will give you...keep all the mods..and then sue him...if that doesnt work..take it outta his ****....jmho
Old 12-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Banned

Could be but that damn 30% probably gets most people without them even knowing about it. I've got Progressive and they basicaly suck except for being cheap and easy.

Quick Reply: HELP! Totalled SS, Need advice!