General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

lookin at an SS, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't give them more than 10k. Unless you feel like the car is in tip top condition and is a league above the rest. 11k would be top dollar for a 98 SS.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gluemaker
I wouldn't give them more than 10k. Unless you feel like the car is in tip top condition and is a league above the rest. 11k would be top dollar for a 98 SS.
I concur. Also, don't let the guy try and tell you how rare the car is with those cloth seats. 1,100 cars is still a TON of cars, and it isn't going to make it worth anything. Leather is a lot better, because people actually desire it...

It should be easy enough to find a car on here for 10-11k, so don't think you have to get that car. Plus, the interior was dirty as heck.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
Leather is a lot better, because people actually desire it...
F-body cloth > F-body leather.

In general, leather is nicer, but not when you're talking about the cheap stuff they put in the F-bodies. The cloth will still look almost new even with 80k miles on it, but no matter how well you take care of the leather, it just won't hold up well long term in these cars if you daily drive it.

If you want leather, you're better off paying less for a cloth interior car and getting some aftermarket leather that is much nicer.

The red accent cloth is cool because that was a '98/'99 only option, and with only 1,495 cars getting the option in '98 it probably means that around 200 were SS cars.