General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Thinking about selling the car, anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, I think you're crazy for selling the car. Second of all, IMO, you will get more money if you de-mod it back to stock and sell all the parts. There's only a limited few people out there that actually hunt for a highly modified car. I bet you can retain 70% on your aftermarket parts you sell on here.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:37 PM
FormerVendor

I just sold my Camaro for $20k to a guy in Sweden and he had to pay 25% tax's and shipping to get it over there. You've seen my car. Just put if up for sale and if the right person finds it, your good to go. The only place I listed it for sale was LS1tech then I just linked the thread to other Camaro boards. The guy who bought it was actually on ProjectCamaro.

The only problem I've found is that the majority of people into Camaros don't have a lot of money to dump on a car. If they did, most of them would go with a Vette. Not to mention you can pick up a nice C5 now a days for 15K. So you'll get tons of people saying it's a great price but none of them will actually have the cash to buy it and that's where the waiting game comes into play

Last edited by SPECIALIZED STAINLESS; 12-15-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
Are you sure this thread isn't just a clever way to back-door the rules about posting for sale ads in here? I was ok with it until you posted your asking price at the end...

I new it would look that way but I am honestly not. Hence it is not posted in the for sale ads anywhere. I posted the price so that people wouldn't say "that car would be easy to sell" not realizing what I would ask for it.

I have a bunch of motor mods in my apartment and I'm trying to decide which way to go with it. Keep the car and install everything or decide to sell it and then have to choose to sell it as a whole or part it out.

Heck, I've got $2000 or more worth of parts sitting in my aparatment. I could throw those on the car and $14K would still look too high to people, hence trying to get honest opinions on here to decide what to do.

Thanks for all the input guys, I honestly appreciate it!

Steve, you were one of the people I was thinking of (trying to draw out in this section) when I made the post. You really sold it?
Old 12-15-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Black Pearl
Im just scared that if I get rid of the camaro i would regret it and want it back..
Oh, you will. The only way to get rid of that feeling is to buy one thats better.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Steve, you were one of the people I was thinking of (trying to draw out in this section) when I made the post. You really sold it?
Yep, met the guy and dropped it off at the shipping place last Tuesday
Old 12-15-2007, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd keep that car man, you'll regret it if you sell.

Put the motor parts on it and enjoy the new found power. If you don't enjoy it, still put them on and sell it for at least $12K. OR sell the parts, part it out and sell it 'stock'.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Same thing happened to me.. my car had everything done to it and I got bored with after it was done. I was lucky to sell my car local for a good price! Maybe you should just enjoy it!! I sold mine quickly and now I kind of regret it a bit!!

Landon
Old 12-15-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree that you will probably reget selling the car. But if you do sell it, demod it and sell it. You will definitely get more money if you demod and sell the parts.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Restricted User

To the OP, you really don't strike me as a guy who is hurting for money with all the mods you've done. Reminds of the guy I bought my car from, he had more money than he knew what to do with and gave it to me for $7k. 2000 Z28, in good shape, low mileage.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned

why? you put all this money into it to make it how you wanted it! It's a nice car and it'll be worth more down the road. Get it paid off put it in a garage drive it on the weekends and buy something else to play around with. ive never considered selling any of my birds, i had to get rid of one because i was in school but i kept the trans am, if it weren't for my red one getting totalled i would have kept it for as long as possible!
Old 12-15-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

As soon as i sold my 02 vert i regretted it, even though i didnt really like the vert i wish i would have just traded it for a ttop, so i had to go out and by my project car, which is why i have a 94 now
Old 12-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

Well, as far as regretting it, yes and know. I've done this about 3 times now (I've owned 7 F-Bodies but 3 were CLOSE to "finished" IMO) and I DEFINETLY regret it (still in love with a 1999 Trans-Am that was two cars ago and a 1994 Z) BUT I've also been able to enjoy other cars BECAUSE I was able to let them go...

My BIGGEST problem is I can't forsee myself taking one part off of it. It is utterly retarded but I'd rather make nowhere near as much but still see the car I built stay the car I built.

Hence, me probably not selling it now. The thought crosses your mind, you dwell on it untill finally you have to put it out there and get opinions, then you have cleared your head and start to appreciate it again I guess.

Anyways, thanks again for all the compliments and opinions, I'm still considering it... If I do sell it I will delete this post so as not to misuse this section and start a real thread in the for sale section and just put a link in my sig or something.

Anyone else sell a car overseas? Maybe that is a more apt market for a car like mine...
Old 12-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by socmguy
To the OP, you really don't strike me as a guy who is hurting for money with all the mods you've done. Reminds of the guy I bought my car from, he had more money than he knew what to do with and gave it to me for $7k. 2000 Z28, in good shape, low mileage.
Well, definetly don't have money to throw around. I am just good at "wheeling and dealing" to get parts I want on here...

I haven't had a car payment since my 1994 Z though. Always modded the cars when I got money and when I sold them I just bought what I could pay cash for from the old sale... I hate having a bill I HAVE to pay every month
Old 12-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by toofazt
Yep, met the guy and dropped it off at the shipping place last Tuesday
You getting a Vette?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a nice car guys, buy it
Old 12-15-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

The thought of selling my car has crossed my mind. It has 99,400 miles on it, but looks and rides like it has 30k from upgrades and preventitive mantaince. Modded with top notch parts, obsessively detailed, I don't think I could ever part with it. Not to mention it was my first car at 16 years old.

I want an LS1 SS in the worst way. But someday I'll have more money, and I'll have an arsenol of cars, with my first LT1 Z-28 sitting there right next to em. I'd be discusted if I sold my car, and in my mind it's priceless.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I sure hope I don't wanna sell my car after i'm done with it. I'll probably have over 40K total in it. On the other hand, everything is new, modded or made like new. The miles on my car would mean nothing except for the new ones. I sorta promised myself I wouldn't ever sell it. I'd need a pretty high price to see it go.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool

Buy a WS6 and you will be able to enjoy , just by looking, if u don't feel like driving.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

I sold my SS over the summer, bought a Z28, and then just recently sold it. So yes, it does suck... I won't lie. I miss the SS
Old 12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Buy a WS6 and you will be able to enjoy , just by looking, if u don't feel like driving.

Look at it this way... Mods resale value> Cars resale value. IF you are selling it, demod it. I just did that with my GTP. I made about 2K back..probly all of what i put into it! And i would have gotten the same or less for it on trade or sale.. which i will do eventually..