General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help, Where/How to Ship a Longblock?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help, Where/How to Ship a Longblock?

I'm buying a longblock from another member which is shrinkwrapped and on a mini pallet, just as it was shipped to him through the builder. It will be shipped from a residential address to another residential I believe, but i don't know where to look for a company to ship it? Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

Call http://www.onlinefreightquote.com/
I recently shipped a big block, bare block from Florida to California, it cost $196. I dropped it off at Fex Ex Freight, and it was going to a business that had a forklift.
They said residential to residential really jacks the price way up because they have to bring a lift and truck with a lift gate. You could even save a bit if you shipped it from residential and you picked it up at the freight company. They will give you all the options when you call.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

anyone else?
Old 12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

i ship them complete engines all the time. I have used Fedex Freight a lot, i have quoted with Con-way many times, and the newest one i just picked up on was www.freightcenter.com you can call them and they will quote you too. Residential delivery and pickup is $$$. Last quote i got, it was an extra $120, just to pick it up residential so if anything, have him drop it off at a terminal, and ship it to a terminal. thats my advise to you. if you can find online quotes, engines will ship class 70 and weight approx 700 or so lbs with the crate (LS1 complete with wiring etc).
Old 12-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LastBlack02SS
anyone else?
Are you taking advice or waiting for someone to volunteer to do all the work for you? Just wondering.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Taking advice. I'm just trying to see what companies people use to do this. It looks like freightcenter.com was a real good suggestion andrew69. I've actually arranged to borrow a forklift at a business nextdoor to our work so i can have it delivered here and the other guy said he can bring it to a drop off station just fine, so thanks for the advice... much appreciated.

However if someone wants to volunteer to do all the work for me, I will not stop you, nor complain