General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Hey would this be a good car to get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That car is a steal for 11.5 for that mileage and the looks of it.

If you didnt pick that car up, your a fool.

Good Luck!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

I'm still in High School with my T/A. I started with a V6 firebird and pretty much learned the vehicle for about a year and a half, so when I upgraded it wasnt too much different for me. Yet, if I had started the with V8 it most likely would have been different because when you first start driving you have the attitude like, "hey look at me I have my license and can fast" I would prob start with the V6 if I were you.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

From what I read so far, it seems like the posts are going away a bit from what the OP is asking. I don't think you'll have to worry too much about maintenance bc the mileage is good. I sold my '99 z28 with 60k on it and didn't have any problems. Insurance will probably hurt (I paid $2k, I'm a girl though so that could have a little deduction) and so will taxes (registration.), at least in my 1st hand experience.

To kind of relate to where the direction of some of the posts are going; I am a 19 year old "kid" who had my Camaro Z28 in High School. IMO, as long as you respect the car and it's power, you will be fine. I grew up racing dirtbikes and was brought up around this stuff. If my dad hadn't taught me how he did, and if I were not brought up in a household where "things that go fast" where part of day to day living, I would have killed myself in that car, on multiple occasions might I add.

We all do stupid things with our first cars. But there is a fine line between being a total moron and simply doing stupid things. If you have no prior experience with RWD cars, fast cars, or anything of that nature, I'd convince you to consider something else. A 6 cylinder would be a good idea to learn what RWD is about and how to handle it. You can easily find yourself in a heap of trouble with these cars if you're not careful, whether you mean for it to happen or not.

So IMO, it all comes down to your prior experience.

As for costs, I don't know how much better a BMW for a kid will be. I hope you're not putting whatever you get solely in your name, too, price will be soo much higher.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car looks nice, but I could do without the hood. What do your parents think of the car??? I don't think I would let my son have an f-body until he was out of high school.