General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

new muscle cars threat !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't say there was no hole in the ozone, what I said was they don't know that there ever wasn't a hole in the ozone layer. Get it? They made a big deal about a hole that has always been there and still grows and shrinks.

Yes you are right pollution is bad. I don't want you puoring mercury in the water or anything. But there is a point where people like Al Gore are lying to you big time. It's sad the people don't want to know about it, they'd just rather fit in and blindly follow and say Bush is an idiot or a liar or the next hitler rather than sound ignorant as they actually are because all they pay attention to in the world is brittney spears and american idol.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
What does that have to do with the fact that everyone that believes Al Gore is an idiot?

There's simply no arguing that statement I just made. If you believe Al Gore, you're an idiot. A toolbox. A complete, uneducated moron. All you have to do is put in an hour's worth of research to realize he does nothing but feed you lies. We have less than 0.0001% of the Earth's weather history and WE know climate change?

Did you know 25 years ago, the big concern was global COOLING? Now, it's global WARMING. It's whatever these people can make the most money off of. The average temperature of the Earth hasn't changed in the past 2 or 3 years. Does that mean global warming is over? We're not getting any hotter. The Earth's temperature was hotter in the 1920's than it is now. So, since we're cooler now than we were back then, aren't we in a cooling trend?

Sun cycles last ~11-12 years. It's global warming right NOW. In the next decade, we'll be cooling down.

People's ignorance is terrifying. The scariest thing of all is that you people that believe this crap have the right to vote.
Hey buddy, where did I say I support Al Gore or believe anything he said? Here's what I've posted in this thread:
Originally Posted by Smoke Panther
yea, even though President Bush signed this law into effect
and, at the end of the day, guess who's name is on the dotted line?
hmm...nothing about Gore...no mention even of his name. Get off your high horse. The point I'm arguing is that Bush signed it; nothing deeper than that. Disprove me on point, and then maybe you'll look smart because your Strawman fallicies and you putting words in my mouth aren't getting it done.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as they don't put any regulation into effect regarding the modification of said cars, who gives a ****? we will still be modding cars to get the amount of power we want, regardless of any regulations on the automakers.

that said, i really do think that fuel economy regulations are good for everyone (except the oil suppliers).

think about it, if the majority of cars out there are forced to meet a certain MPG rating, that will force automakers to step up and innovate to meet those requirements. this leads to more advanced technology, which (in most cases) is a good thing.

also, the less fuel a car uses, the cheaper fuel will be....and i'm sure NO ONE will bitch about that (except, like i said, the oil suppliers).

the less fuel that is being used, the less pollution is being pumped into the atmosphere, which will help keep people, animals, & the environment healthier....that can never be a bad thing.

once they learn how to create engines that get better gas mileage, what happens? they start learning how to pump up the horsepower while using the same amount of fuel.

it's just a temporary setback.....don't get your panties in a twist.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:33 AM
TECH Veteran

still wont get me to put cats back on my car. they can go DIAF.

im surprised they dont bring up the hummer.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Resident

Hey buddy, where did I say I support Al Gore or believe anything he said? Here's what I've posted in this thread:
I never said you supported Al Gore. I simply said anyone that agrees with him is an idiot. That doesn't mean you support him. However, if you do...well...you fill in the blank

GWB had to sign something like that into effect. There's too much pressure not to. Any president would have with all the global warming demons breathing down everyone's necks. GWB didn't write the bill. Our overly liberal (and worst rated in the history of the USA) Congress did.

hmm...nothing about Gore...no mention even of his name. Get off your high horse. The point I'm arguing is that Bush signed it; nothing deeper than that. Disprove me on point, and then maybe you'll look smart because your Strawman fallicies and you putting words in my mouth aren't getting it done.
No high horse on my end. Believing in Al Gore is just stupid. If you support him, I pity you. If not, I applaud you for having your own independent thought process. The people that believe Al Gore are the idiots that don't research anything on their own and just believe everything they see and read. They're tools. Spend one night researching and you'll realize the whole global warming argument is BS and soooo many of the scientists are paid off. Plus, most of the people in organizations AREN'T scientists, they're activists, and activists are the worst people to get data from because it's never supported and even if you prove them wrong, you're never right.

So why does global warming have so much support? It's blown down our throats on a daily basis by the hippie-controlled mainstream media, and since most Americans - hell, most of the world - are too stupid to do any research on their own before they take a side, they just assume because it's on TV, it's infallible.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stupid is a bit harsh of a word I think, maybe naive, ignorant, uninformed sheeple might be better words, but your right on most of what you say taco.

Also, it's unfortunate that so many people bllindly think of talk radio as nerdy and/or hateful, because the reality is that is where the issues are actually discussed between listeners on the air somewhat fairly honestly unlike tv or newspapers. It also gives you important topics and perspectives to research further. Of course it sucks with all the static, but nowadays, you can listen static-free to any station around the country, streaming on the internet. For a directory, I use a site called streamingradioguide, what I do is google the host name in quotes and streamingradioguide and it'll give you links to where you can listen to any show static free online. The most informative guys have to be John Batchelor and Glenn Beck. Plus Glenn Beck is funny as hell. Unfortunately he has a sub until after Christmas, and the sub is nowhere near as good.

http://streamingradioguide.com/radio...php?showid=212

Last edited by Shooter_Jay; 12-21-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

The thing about it is, is they have to control all emissions, not just vehicle emissions. They're putting too much pressure on the automakers, but they need to start spreading it around to other companies/corporations, like airlines, industrial factories, and the actual government itself. Fricken Al Gore's private leer jet puts out almost as much co2 emissions in one cross country trip as my car does in a year... so just think that one over...
Old 12-21-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Al Gore is a tree hugger, he better be driving a Toyota Pruis or his is a hypocrite.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
You have to be joking...anybody that pays any attention knows that the democrat party is pushing the "environmental" laws.
Al Gore's movie is pure BS. Disgusting old man.
Originally Posted by qwk93ta
Al Gore is a tree hugger, he better be driving a Toyota Pruis or his is a hypocrite.
I like you guys. Al Gore is an idiot. He just talks outta his ***.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But we should probably get back on topic before this gets

We have a section on ssu.com for political discussion.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

AL GORE is a better man than many---even that lil' w.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

I don't usually agree with what choco says in general, but he does know what he is talking about when it comes to Al Gore.

and +1 to the people that said its not just the US causing the problem with pollution. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned china and the outrageous ammounts of **** they are pumping into the atmosphere from all the industrializtion they have going on over there.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 12-21-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"Performance cars of the future may be powered by smaller engines or electric motors, he said, but they won't die."

ooooooooo....I frig'n want to cut that guys pinky off with pruning sheers for saying that!!! Thats an import car way of thought. Domestic=V8
Old 12-21-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
AL GORE is a better man than many---even that lil' w.
You just made a big switch from facts to opinion there friend...
Old 12-21-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

GWB had to sign something like that into effect.
Glad we've reached an agreement

No high horse on my end. Believing in Al Gore is just stupid. If you support him, I pity you. If not, I applaud you for having your own independent thought process. The people that believe Al Gore are the idiots that don't research anything on their own and just believe everything they see and read. They're tools. Spend one night researching and you'll realize the whole global warming argument is BS and soooo many of the scientists are paid off. Plus, most of the people in organizations AREN'T scientists, they're activists, and activists are the worst people to get data from because it's never supported and even if you prove them wrong, you're never right.

So why does global warming have so much support? It's blown down our throats on a daily basis by the hippie-controlled mainstream media, and since most Americans - hell, most of the world - are too stupid to do any research on their own before they take a side, they just assume because it's on TV, it's infallible.

Back to the subject at hand:
Engineers and car designers aren't paid to churn out the same crap, they're paid to create new and better designs. Thusly, this bill is nothing to worry about. You'll still have your 11-second cars...they'll just be getting 35ish MPG and farting out rainbows
Old 12-21-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Back to the subject at hand:
Engineers and car designers aren't paid to churn out the same crap, they're paid to create new and better designs. Thusly, this bill is nothing to worry about. You'll still have your 11-second cars...they'll just be getting 35ish MPG and farting out rainbows
Lol for a second I thought you were serious until the rainbow part heh.

Sure technology can improve effeciency generally, but in all technologies, eventually you reach a limit to what is possible. You can't go past 100% efficiency. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't make laws to make cars run cleaner, just that sometimes these laws can do good, BUT sometimes they can really do harm.

As a different example, I remember ten years or so ago, they made it law that they had to put that MTBE stuff in the gas to make it burn cleaner. Well it turned out that the burned mtbe fuel turned out to be be more harmful to the environment so they removed it again. Now many are so pro-ethanol...but the drive-by media don't tell you that they use a ton of fuel to creat the ethanol fuel, plus they don't mention that with all the water shortages we are basically burning in our engines all the water used to water that corn. Another one was a bunch of laws caused different states to need different mixes of gasolines in different states, which directly caused gas prices to go up also because they had to have so many different blends.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Trans Am Kid

Youtubing that manbearpig episode right now, lol already hehe
Old 12-21-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@ ManBearPig!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

first of all Al Gore did not create the EPA he invented the internet (his words not mine) Richard Nixon created the EPA. thats the truth.
politics aside efficenty = horsepower
old school street cars if you were making one HP per cube that was pretty much benchmark that you had a perfomance car.
2007= you have the sweet engine option (any car ) its doing that or more stock.
aluminum heads,block,six bolt mains,windage tray,rollercam,sfi,coils per cyl,composite intake\w no hot oil on the bottom of it. and omg carbs!!! was that not that some great drivability BraaaHaaaa!!!
race technology is main stream
i can't wait till they get the voltage up on the electrical systems to at least 36v and cams what the hell is that? all that can be computer controlled.
politicians from both sides are trying to blow smoke up your ***