General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GTO versus WS6

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy had a 99 arctic white TA and traded it for a yellow jacket 05 goat. Everytime I visit him he wants my car, and I want his car. I think what he misses most is the sheer amount of aftermarket parts for LS1s and Fbods, and with his goat he is under warranty so he has done all he can... H-pipe and spintecs... (which sounds totally badass)

He hates that he gets 14mpg with his goat, though he spends most of his time in city (60%) and I get atleast 22mpg all the way up to 32mpg in my TA.

I just hope 1 day I can own both.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was driving the other day and saw a pontiac grill headed towards me, I thought, "oh, just a grand prix" Nope, it was a GTO. That right there is the reason why GTO's suck. Pontiac ruined a good name by sticking it to that turd of a body. The only good thing about a GTO-another drivetrain to salvage from the boneyards.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psykoTA
I was driving the other day and saw a pontiac grill headed towards me, I thought, "oh, just a grand prix" Nope, it was a GTO. That right there is the reason why GTO's suck. Pontiac ruined a good name by sticking it to that turd of a body. The only good thing about a GTO-another drivetrain to salvage from the boneyards.
I've said the same thing about Camaros and Concordes. They have to get somewhat close before I know which car it is. I would go with the WS6 but I'm biased towards the Trans Am look.

I noticed the OP is banned at the moment. Obviously not for anything in this thread. Very civil and mature for the most part. I've seen these threads get pretty ugly in the past.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

WS6, the GTO looks like a stretch cavalier to me!