General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I think I'm being scammed

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my car on Ebay from a Chevy dealer and had no problems. However I trust Craigslist about as far as I can throw and dump truck.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

i got my car on ebay from a used car dealer too
Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default ID fraud

Originally Posted by binks0678
this sounds oddly just like a scam i ran across a month ago during my car search a lady in orlando wanting a ridiculously low amount for a TA and asking for my full name and address, it was listed on cars.com but she said the transaction would go through autotrader, well i researched and autotrader said they dont get involved in transactions just advertising so when i called her out saying i kno its a scam the ad was gone the next day, this could very well be the same person trying again any more info on them so i can see? absolutely dont buy it unless you can pay when you pick it up and everything checks out ok
It might be more of an ID scam,To get all your personal info that they can use later!Did you give any info YET!???
Old 01-31-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Id Fraud

It may be an ID scam to get some of your personal info .drivers lisence# Bank account ,so this said seller can verifie your account? Did she ask for any of this from you???If so and you did!You may want to change your account #s!!Somtimes you get blinded,And are more worryed about missing out on a deal of a life time rather then paying attantion to what kind of info there trying to get from you, Which some peaple are more then happy to give,Thinking there uping their chances of getting,Before someone else does!

Last edited by barnat; 01-31-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: adding