General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Insurance went up???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
**** Progressive.

My rates have never gone up with State Farm....only down. Even after having a ticket and/or claim here or there in my early days with them (never more than 1 issue per year though). I've been with SF since 1995.

I pay $680 every 6 months, full coverage, for BOTH my '02 & '98 Z28s ($320 for one, $360 for the other).

I agree I have state farm and my rates are always going down. even after a wreckless op charge it still went down.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a feeling some one will be leaving progressive

You should... Really.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear the cop gave you crap for something as simple as merging into traffic. All I have to say is that USAA is pretty awesome.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Beo
Staging Lane

Odd. I got nailed for doin 75 in a 55. I went to traffic school online (took me all of 20 minutes to complete). My insurance did not go up.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

ive had up to 10 points on my license the last 3 years and my ins company never checked. lol. im glad because i would probably be dropped. ive never had an accident though so that probably helps
Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

i pay 160 for a v6 fbody and im 19. just got a ticket. 82 in a 65. he didnt get my on radar he was right behind me....10 people going the same speed and the black firebird gets the ticket. why not pull over the junker with some cracked out guy in it thats right beside me? you know most of the nice cars have insurance so why not pull over the raggity ones with people that dont wanna pay for insurance? cops...
Old 01-31-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
you know most of the nice cars have insurance so why not pull over the raggity ones with people that dont wanna pay for insurance? cops...
Old 01-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Everyone stating that one insurance companies prices are better than anothers is wrong. There are so many factors, so one might be better for one person, while that one might be worse for another. You just need to shop around and compare rates using the same coverage on all of them. With Progressive, mine went down about $50/month this past renewal. Does that mean that everyone with Progressive will go down? No.

Also, check with your company to see what kind of replacement parts they use if you were to ever have an accident. Some won't use OEM but aftermarket to keep costs down. If something like that matters to you, then be aware of it.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
i pay 160 for a v6 fbody and im 19. just got a ticket. 82 in a 65. he didnt get my on radar he was right behind me....10 people going the same speed and the black firebird gets the ticket. why not pull over the junker with some cracked out guy in it thats right beside me? you know most of the nice cars have insurance so why not pull over the raggity ones with people that dont wanna pay for insurance? cops...
160 a month? DAMN! For a V6, you might wanna shop around also.

Just saw the sig, what happened last night?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:21 AM
TECH Regular

The thing with insurance is you should really just get a company that has a reputation for treating you right. Pay a little extra if necessary. That's really not the area of your life you should really be penny pinching unless you're just getting the basic minimum liability type. The last thing you want is for your car to get stolen, smashed, hit by an underinsured/uninsured, or god forbid get seriously injured, and then have to deal with some budget insurance company ******** trying to low ball you. I've referred many to State Farm and have been thanked by people more times than I can count. I've also heard good things about Allstate and Nationwide on more than one occasion.

With all that being said you're still probably paying too much and with a shitty company to boot. Shop around.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Shop around. USAA has always been the best for me, until recently I got a killer deal with Progressive.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Some might of misread-I am paying $150 now per month, instead of the $120-but total raise for the 6 month period was around $252. See NJ sucks because we have one of the highest insurance rates of all states, and not many insurance carriers. I shoped Geico, Mercury, Allstate, Esurance, Liberty Mutual, and some other companies..can't remember if I did state farm or not. Tried Erie but they are not in NJ like most other..let me check USAA-only for Military personal.--damn it...Reason I went with Progressive is:

1) Gap insurance
2) Uses OEM parts
3) Price until now...still thinks its low but pissed it goes up because of a stupid minor moving violation as they put it. Hell I should of paid the carelesss and got two points and it might of been the same....

Just did State Farm and they want $208 without including the minor violation...crazy..I hope I move to Florida soon...

Last edited by Surferd15; 02-14-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Progressive does not use OEM parts that i can promise you and you can get gap insurance on your car loan not needed on your Auto Policy.. I work in insurance and got into a accident last yr in my 03 cobra and they would not offer me OEM parts because the car was over a yr old..

I would never buy progressive insurance once you have a claim you will understand why..
Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Teching In

wow.. i definatley need to shop around I pay $230.00 a month on a 6 cylinder camaro and I'm 20, im getting screwed!!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Blown 03-Well in my policy it states OEM but I guess when it comes down to it, as you went through they won't As for the gap insurance it only added a few dollars to the policy, I got quotes with and without it, so went with it for the little it was.

Red-What state do you live in?? Damn 230 is alot!! Post your info, deduct, coverages, state etc..
Old 02-15-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSDoubleK
First strike, progressive sucks, do you have Erie Insurance in you state?, all insurance companies I ever dealt with never charge you for your first ticket, the one you were issued had no points at all, Progressive is known to have the highest and most riduculous policies in the insurance industry. I would dump them asap. With Erie they offer with a good record with them after five years, that your first at fault accident will be waived, and your premiums will not go up, and they only increase your premium upon your renewal date, if you have two tickets, not one. What I love about them is also they offer a ton of discounts, I park my ride for the winter months, so with a 90 day consecutive layup I get the limited use discount which in turn nets me another forty percent off my premiums. I pay with all my discounts and three cars, and a 19 year old college student on my policy, 567.00 with full coverage on just my 00SS for the year. I'm 39. Progressive wanted over 1,200.00 for just my SS, with not as many discounts, I always shop every renewal period, but cannot find anyone who can even come close to Erie's rates.
Best Insurace company out there by far.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

So I got pulled over 2 weeks ago. I was gonna just pay the ticket, because the way I was told, as long as my insurance doesn't do a background check they won't find ou about the ticket, which was 70 in a 50.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Teching In

I live in Rhode Island, not sure of my deductable im at work right now, i dont even have full coverage, I have liability and uninsured motorist....I have no moving violations, my only ticked ever was for window tint lol...stupid cop had nothing better to do

Quick Reply: Insurance went up???